Author Topic: shipping address info  (Read 4490 times)

animal1991

• Getbig III
shipping address info
« on: September 04, 2012, 01:08:37 AM »
Let's say for example you ordered some gear and the courier service is FedEx...

Is it possible to add like a "note" or just a sentence stating they should keep it at the end FedEx facility?

Example
J Doe
Texas
USA
(Please keep it at Texas FedEx Facility, will pick it up myself)

Because last time I ordered with fedex my package was sent to the fedex facility, but then they sent it to someone else because my name wasn't written properly on the addy. Luckily I got it eventually but I don't want that screw up again.

That's why I want to add a note to my addy so that when it reaches its final destination in my town, that they keep it there and let me pick it up myself. I don't want it to be delivered to my house as well.

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
Re: shipping address info
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 01:14:28 AM »
Let's say for example you ordered some gear and the courier service is FedEx...

Is it possible to add like a "note" or just a sentence stating they should keep it at the end FedEx facility?

Example
J Doe
Texas
USA
(Please keep it at Texas FedEx Facility, will pick it up myself)

Because last time I ordered with fedex my package was sent to the fedex facility, but then they sent it to someone else because my name wasn't written properly on the addy. Luckily I got it eventually but I don't want that screw up again.

That's why I want to add a note to my addy so that when it reaches its final destination in my town, that they keep it there and let me pick it up myself. I don't want it to be delivered to my house as well.
Track it and ring the depot when it arrives but before it goes out for delivery.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 01:21:29 AM »
Track it and ring the depot when it arrives but before it goes out for delivery.
That could work but is a bit difficult to do because I can't track it the whole time

d0nny2600

• Getbig V
  • http://i.imgur.com/mCzI3N5.jpg
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 01:22:45 AM »
That could work but is a bit difficult to do because I can't track it the whole time
Hmm. The chances of them actually reading a note put on it is very slim. Not sure what to advise.

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 01:25:16 AM »
Yeah, that's why I'm a bit unsure. And I'm scared if I write something on the addy, they might think that its part of the address and ship it to the wrong place

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2012, 01:27:33 AM »
Because usually I just write my addy like this:

Name and surname
Local FedEx Facility
My town
My state
My country
My area code

And then they still screw it up sometimes!

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2012, 05:21:00 AM »
You would have to have them attempt to deliver it and when nobody is home schedue a pickup. as along as it requires a signature this will work. I used to miss the fedex guy and get a notice and they woud leave a slip. call the number and say you will just come and pick the pack up.

dropship

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 07:53:20 AM »
yes if your not home they will leave a slip and you call and arrange pick up and not re-delivery...  Do not mislabel or make intentional mistakes that raises concerns.  They deliver packages everyday and look only for suspicious activity not regular deliveries.

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 10:14:54 AM »
Quite simple -

Use the address of the facility, with your name. Specify that it is to be shipped with HAL (Hold At Location) service and they will have it at the counter for you. I have had several packages sent to my local FedEx Office location this way and it works fine. (Never have received anything illegal, tho.)

animal1991

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2012, 01:30:02 PM »
How do.you specify to HAL?

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 05:52:13 AM »
be careful at all costs.

billytwolips

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
How do.you specify to HAL?

HAL is a service that can be specified by marking the correct box on an airbill - the choices are usually Deilver Weekday, Deliver Saturday or Hold At Location. All that needs to be done is that the shipper mark the correct box.