Author Topic: Don't think you need Obamacare....check this shit out!!!!  (Read 8294 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Don't think you need Obamacare....check this shit out!!!!
« on: September 04, 2012, 07:17:00 PM »
Imagine this shit...... :-X

PHOENIX -- An Arizona woman is wondering what hurt more: getting stung by a scorpion or seeing her hospital bill after treatment.

Marcie Edmonds says the bill from Chandler Regional Medical Center was more than $83,000. That includes two doses of anti-venom at nearly $40,000 per dose.

The 52-year-old Ahwatukee (ah-wha-TU'-kee) Foothills resident was stung in June while opening a box of air conditioner filters in her garage.

Edmonds says an emergency room doctor told her about the Mexican anti-venom Anascorp that could quickly relieve her symptoms, but she was never told about the cost.

Chandler Regional says Edmonds' bill represents the out-of-network costs for her treatment.

Almost 6 figures for 2 doses of scorpion anti-venom!!!!!
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Don't think you need Obamacare....check this shit out!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »
What the fuck does that have to o w ObamaCare?

PHOENIX -- An Arizona woman is wondering what hurt more: getting stung by a scorpion or seeing her hospital bill after treatment.

Marcie Edmonds says the bill from Chandler Regional Medical Center was more than $83,000. That includes two doses of anti-venom at nearly $40,000 per dose.

The 52-year-old Ahwatukee (ah-wha-TU'-kee) Foothills resident was stung in June while opening a box of air conditioner filters in her garage.

Edmonds says an emergency room doctor told her about the Mexican anti-venom Anascorp that could quickly relieve her symptoms, but she was never told about the cost.

Chandler Regional says Edmonds' bill represents the out-of-network costs for her treatment.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2012, 07:20:03 PM »
I've been stung by a scorpion twice

didn't go to the doctor either time

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2012, 07:22:26 PM »
I've been stung by a scorpion twice

didn't go to the doctor either time

heard that shit hurts like a bastard.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2012, 07:26:45 PM »
heard that shit hurts like a bastard.

It did hurt like shit

worse than any bee sting or wasp

they were all over our house in Texas (had a big house out in the country)

the first time I was stung I laid right on top of it (was laying down on the floor to watch TV) and wasn't wearing a shirt

2nd time on the hand, I think it was on my shoe (can't recall)

wouldn't mind at all if I never experienced it again

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 02:49:13 AM »
What the fuck does that have to o w ObamaCare?

Just stop posting.

You really dont know shit about the things you comment on here.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 03:46:07 AM »

Just stop posting.

You really dont know shit about the things you comment on here.

I didn't know obaacare sets the price of drugs.   

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 04:23:52 AM »
33's question is completely legit, please find the paragraph in the 3000 pages that deals with scorpion stings
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 05:40:59 AM »
LOL.

So Obamacare is going to reduce the price on medicines and insurance premiums. How?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 06:15:47 AM »
LOL.

So Obamacare is going to reduce the price on medicines and insurance premiums. How?

If everyone pays into the system, we won't have problems like this.....I mean 80k for 2 lousy doses of scorpion spit.  Socialized healthcare would prevent this type of price gouging.
A

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 06:17:33 AM »
LOL.

Medicine isnt nowhere near as expensive in Europe

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 06:19:18 AM »

This is precisely what is wrong with Obamacare and any other Health system where Private Insurance is at the forefront. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2012, 06:23:43 AM »

If everyone pays into the system, we won't have problems like this.....I mean 80k for 2 lousy doses of scorpion spit.  Socialized healthcare would prevent this type of price gouging.
Here is how cost is determined:

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/family/reasonable-and-customary-charge.htm

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2012, 06:24:48 AM »
Unlike most aspects of health insurance, there are very few regulations for insurance companies when determining what they consider reasonable or customary. In fact, only a few states even define what constitutes the terms "reasonable, usual and customary" and even fewer have regulations on the methodology used in determining these charges. Some insurance companies use statistics found in national studies of your geographic area in order to determine reasonable and customary charges. These studies include the fees charged by medical service providers such as doctors and hospitals. However, in some cases, insurance companies determine these charges using information compiled by themselves and regulated by no one.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2012, 06:26:04 AM »
In other words, as long as you have Private Insurance dictating which doctor you can and can`t see, how much medical costs will be, what they will cover and how much,

YOU ARE FUCKED and have zero choice in the matter, especially if your employer offers only one or two plans.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2012, 06:28:18 AM »

Bullshit, and its not the governments job to make me pay into their fucked up system. Perhaps you missed the part about the out of network cost and anti-venom being produced in Mexico.  
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2012, 06:32:58 AM »
Bullshit, and its not the governments job to make me pay into their fucked up system. Perhaps you missed the part about the out of network cost and anti-venom being produced in Mexico.  
Wouldn`t you rather have the freedom to see any doctor you want without a middle man telling you where you can and can`t go?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2012, 06:34:39 AM »
Wouldn`t you rather have the freedom to see any doctor you want without a middle man telling you where you can and can`t go?

That is exactly why I want the government out of it all together. I can remember a time before all this bullshit, and health care was affordable.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 06:35:25 AM »

So you dont want the freedom to choose your doctor? You want that dictated by an insurance guy ???

And you want medicine to be so expensive you and your family cant afford it?

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 06:41:01 AM »
So you dont want the freedom to choose your doctor? You want that dictated by an insurance guy ???

And you want medicine to be so expensive you and your family cant afford it?

What the fuck are you talking about? When I was a kid we had a family doctor that we chose. Then all of the sudden the government gets involved, fucking around in something they have no business. Then guess what, well your doctor isn't in your network you have to get a new one. The price sky rockets for everything. Yes things are so much better now ::)
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 06:44:59 AM »
That is exactly why I want the government out of it all together. I can remember a time before all this bullshit, and health care was affordable.
The government hasn`t been involved.  ???

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2012, 06:45:42 AM »

What the fuck are you talking about? When I was a kid we had a family doctor that we chose. Then all of the sudden the government gets involved, fucking around in something they have no business. Then guess what, well your doctor isn't in your network you have to get a new one. The price sky rockets for everything. Yes things are so much better now ::)
Your PRIVATE Insurance Company decides who is in your Network and who is not. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:04 AM »

You fuckers just don't get it do you? Maybe I'm just that to much older than you, and you just can't grasp what things were like
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2012, 06:48:55 AM »

And who handed the keys to the kingdom to the fucking insurance companies?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2012, 07:05:18 AM »

So because she wasn't told by the doctor of the cost and she had to make a life and death choice, she should still be responsible for it????

It should never be an "out of network" charge for scorpion venom...and a lot of medicine is made in Mexico so it doesn't make any difference 
A