Author Topic: Don't think you need Obamacare....check this shit out!!!!  (Read 8307 times)

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
Re: Don't think you need Obamacare....check this shit out!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2012, 07:08:07 AM »

So because she wasn't told by the doctor of the cost and she had to make a life and death choice, she should still be responsible for it????

It should never be an "out of network" charge for scorpion venom...and a lot of medicine is made in Mexico so it doesn't make any difference 

Yes, its your life, not the doctors and not the governments

Why? Does Obamacare get to dictate to Mexican companies how much they can charge for what they produce?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2012, 07:08:23 AM »

So because she wasn't told by the doctor of the cost and she had to make a life and death choice, she should still be responsible for it????

It should never be an "out of network" charge for scorpion venom...and a lot of medicine is made in Mexico so it doesn't make any difference 
Doctors most of the time have no clue if they are in or out of a Network.  The hospitals have separate billing departments who royally fuck this up all of the time.  Sadly, none of this is going to change as long as Private Insurance is at the forefront.  Obamacare just keeps them in the pilot seat.  Republicans should be proud as this is their wet dream.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2012, 07:09:16 AM »
Yes, its your life, not the doctors and not the governments

Why? Does Obamacare get to dictate to Mexican companies how much they can charge for what they produce?
Obamacare is not dictating anything nor will it.  Your Private Insurance company dictates all of that.  And being a dictator is what they do best.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2012, 07:10:13 AM »
Obamacare is not dictating anything nor will it.  Your Private Insurance company dictates all of that.  And being a dictator is what they do best.

So you think the government has no hand in the power that the insurance companies now seem to have?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2012, 07:13:00 AM »
So you think the government has no hand in the power that the insurance companies now seem to have?
I know they don`t.  The few things that government has done, making Pre-Existing Conditions disappear and forcing more money spent on actual Health Care rather than bureaucracy, is a good thing, but FAR from enough.  Not much at all changes.  You won`t notice a thing.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2012, 07:13:33 AM »
Doctors most of the time have no clue if they are in or out of a Network.  The hospitals have separate billing departments who royally fuck this up all of the time.  Sadly, none of this is going to change as long as Private Insurance is at the forefront.  Obamacare just keeps them in the pilot seat.  Republicans should be proud as this is their wet dream.  

So what do you recommend???
A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2012, 07:16:15 AM »

So what do you recommend???
Single Payer.  The highest quality care as well as the most economically efficient.

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what-is-single-payer

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2012, 07:16:31 AM »
I know they don`t.  The few things that government has done, making Pre-Existing Conditions disappear and forcing more money spent on actual Health Care rather than bureaucracy, is a good thing, but FAR from enough.  Not much at all changes.  You won`t notice a thing.

Fucking please, they just went through this whole fucking mess of healthcare reform because the government has no hand in this. Richard Nixon opened the flood gates to this mess and the government has just kept fucking it up more over time
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2012, 07:19:46 AM »
Fucking please, they just went through this whole fucking mess of healthcare reform because the government has no hand in this. Richard Nixon opened the flood gates to this mess and the government has just kept fucking it up more over time
I thought you liked Private Health Insurance.  This was Nixon`s contribution.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2012, 07:22:00 AM »
I thought you liked Private Health Insurance.  This was Nixon`s contribution.

No I don't like private insurance and I sure as hell don't want the government making decisions about my healthcare either.  Like I said I remember a simpler time, before the HMO's. PPO's...... Go to the doctor and not get charges $300 for an aspirin.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2012, 07:25:04 AM »
No I don't like private insurance and I sure as hell don't want the government making decisions about my healthcare either.  Like I said I remember a simpler time, before the HMO's. PPO's...... Go to the doctor and not get charges $300 for an aspirin.
Republicans want more HMO`s, PPO`s and you go right along with it by voting them in office.  Single Payer is the only way to go.  I am sure you do not have enough money in the bank at all if you had Cancer and had to pay for it all by yourself, so your Patient and Doctor scenario is nonsense.  Would you just die or sign all of your property and possessions over to your Doctor, you wouldn`t have any other option.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2012, 07:27:07 AM »
Single Payer.  The highest quality care as well as the most economically efficient.

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what-is-single-payer

Never heard of this before....very interesting read. 
A

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2012, 07:29:29 AM »
Republicans want more HMO`s, PPO`s and you go right along with it by voting them in office.  Single Payer is the only way to go.  I am sure you do not have enough money in the bank at all if you had Cancer and had to pay for it all by yourself, so your Patient and Doctor scenario is nonsense.  Would you just die or sign all of your property and possessions over to your Doctor, you wouldn`t have any other option.

You have no fucking idea what I vote for, you just assume I'm a republican, wrong again. I will not register for any party I am an independent.
No its not the only way to go, the reason you believe so is because the cost has spiraled so out of control.
Hey people die everyday, just the way it is, and no I would not ruin my family financially for a couple more years.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2012, 07:29:33 AM »
Never heard of this before....very interesting read. 

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2012, 07:30:44 AM »
The government has no hand in the current health care? HEHEHEHEHEH!!!

But, let's go with that lie just for argument sake. Lets have the government handle health care. Why not. They have done a great job with Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office. It's not like none of those are on their way to bankruptcy and each have billions of dollars in reserve for generations to come.  ::)

Everything that the government has tried to manage has ended up being a mess.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2012, 07:39:48 AM »
The government has no hand in the current health care? HEHEHEHEHEH!!!

But, let's go with that lie just for argument sake. Lets have the government handle health care. Why not. They have done a great job with Social Security, Medicare, and the Post Office. It's not like none of those are on their way to bankruptcy and each have billions of dollars in reserve for generations to come.  ::)

Everything that the government has tried to manage has ended up being a mess.
Ever wonder why so many people choose Medicare over anything else?  Because its better. As far as the Post Office is concerned, not only is it in the Constitution and is established by law via the United States Constitution, it still remains the best mail service available.  Their goal is not profit.

I ship out hundreds of packages a month and FEDEx and UPS not only are 4 times as expensive, their service absolutely sucks.  It costs 19.99 cents to ship Parcel 2 lbs at zip 07747 from NC using UPS.  Whereas it is only 4.95 to ship the same package to the same location using USPS.  Plus I have had ZERO problems of the thousands and thousands of things sent out and picked up over the years by the USPS.  The only problems I have ever had were from UPS and FedEX.  Their delivery times are complete shit, especially when sending overseas and even more especially, when sending to rural locations across the United States.

UPS/FEDEx sucks really bad.

Kazan

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2012, 07:41:41 AM »
Ever wonder why so many people choose Medicare over anything else?  Because its better. As far as the Post Office is concerned, not only is it in the Constitution and is established by law via the United States Constitution, it still remains the best mail service available.  Their goal is not profit.

I ship out hundreds of packages a month and FEDEx and UPS not only are 4 times as expensive, their service absolutely sucks.  It costs 19.99 cents to ship Parcel 2 lbs at zip 07747 from NC using UPS.  Whereas it is only 4.95 to ship the same package to the same location using USPS.  Plus I have had ZERO problems of the thousands and thousands of things sent out and picked up over the years by the USPS.  The only problems I have ever had were from UPS and FedEX.  Their delivery times are complete shit, especially when sending overseas and even more especially, when sending to rural locations across the United States.

So where in the constitution is the government authorized to be involved in healthcare?
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2012, 07:43:14 AM »

You're still into the antiques business, Adonis???  I would use usps more often if I didn't have such heavy packages

A

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2012, 07:45:47 AM »
So where in the constitution is the government authorized to be involved in healthcare?
An amendment is long overdue.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »
And who handed the keys to the kingdom to the fucking insurance companies?

You did by opposing the public healthcare option so badly.

All the healthcare companies had to do was yell communism and you shit yourself and handed them the keys.

You were used buddy

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2012, 07:46:57 AM »
Im fully with Adonis on this issue, Obamacare isn't about health care, it more about giving private insurers a larger customer base through forced commerce.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2012, 07:47:46 AM »
Im fully with Adonis on this issue, Obamacare isn't about health care, it more about giving private insurers a larger customer base through forced commerce.
Exactly.  I don`t get why this still eludes most Republicans.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2012, 07:50:56 AM »

It was about healthcare but Obama sold out

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2012, 07:51:52 AM »
It was about healthcare but Obama sold out
It was never about health care, don't lie to yourself.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2012, 07:55:48 AM »
It was never about health care, don't lie to yourself.

I should know better than to defend a politician you are right.

The public healthcare system i would support but this mess is..well a mess.

My reasoning for supporting the healthcare overhaul was to get private companies out of peoples lives and health but it sure didnt turn out that way :-\