Author Topic: Wyoming?  (Read 8941 times)

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
Re: Wyoming?
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2012, 03:54:37 AM »
  I'll be the 1st to admit it! IF an earthquake would take Santa Barbara and San Francisco it would go a long way to improving things.

Why Santa Barbara? I love that place I can understand SF cause of tbumbz

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
  • I need an English dictionary!
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2012, 03:59:25 AM »
Where in Wyoming exactly? That is crucial. If you can live in or near Jackson Hole etc, or near by Idaho and the Tetons, lower Montana, all beautiful! Southern Wyoming is pretty baron type desert with rolling hills and lots of wind. If you are lookin for something serene and quiet look just outside resort towns in the surrounding states but still be prepared for narrow minded locals, there will be rednecks who are pretty damn ignorant to anyone with an accent unlike theirs. A lot of Wyoming is very very small town, I live in SLC UT there are lots of small towns near here and I have been to most of the larger cities in the surrounding states, I would say stay close to something closer to a "city". Places to look into, White Fish Montana, Jackson Hole Wyoming, Boise Idaho, Denver Colorado, Park City Utah, or smaller surrounding cities to these, all very beautiful and closer to "normal" people.

This post was really intersting for me Ronnyg: you gave me points to think about.
I would like to avoid the ones you call "narrow minded locals", or in any case I hope that if I make the final decision and settle near them they'll eventually accept me.
Do you think in the long run this can be possible or generally speaking rednecks are not willing to accept anyone.
Please do consider that I'm not racist in saying this, I simply don't know so I ask.
North of Italy

MikMaq

« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2012, 05:01:30 AM »
That's a good question; I would like a good place for retirement, where my money can be enough to make a good living (buying a house and some fields around it).
I would also like to find nice people (not hostile because I'm not from there) and a great place for staying outdoor.
Why not somewhere in europe where things are actually cheap, and the weather is actually good?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2012, 05:25:06 AM »
Why not somewhere in europe where things are actually cheap, and the weather is actually good?

Mario has banged all the decent chicks in Europe

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2012, 10:01:39 AM »
I live in CA and the value of my house is up over 100k since last year and my business is booming

Oh really? Go ahead and pay for an appraiser to estimate your home and I guarantee you'll change your tune very quickly. So many homeowners are delusional when it comes to knowing the true value of their home within their respective market.

CA's housing market is absolutely sunk beyond belief. 90% of all the homes in that state are NOT appreciating in value.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »
Oh really? Go ahead and pay for an appraiser to estimate your home and I guarantee you'll change your tune very quickly. So many homeowners are delusional when it comes to knowing the true value of their home within their respective market.

CA's housing market is absolutely sunk beyond belief. 90% of all the homes in that state are NOT appreciating in value.

False, a 10% increase in CA would give you the 100k, The market now has multiple offers and people are bidding more than the asking price again

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2012, 02:55:54 PM »
False, a 10% increase in CA would give you the 100k, The market now has multiple offers and people are bidding more than the asking price again

Bullshit...How are you calculating your math and what are you basing it on? How does 10% = 100K??

Ca's housing market is horrid, plain and simple. One of the worst states to own a house for the lower-upper middle class. I didn't say that 90% was dead on balls accurate because the number is probably higher.

It's a buyer's market in nearly every state becuse values continue to depreciate due to crazy amounts of short sales and foreclosures. From the homeowner's point of view, why continue to dump thousands of dollars in interest every month into a depreciating asset that you never intended to live in, long-term?

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2012, 09:16:49 PM »

Bullshit...How are you calculating your math and what are you basing it on? How does 10% = 100K??

Ca's housing market is horrid, plain and simple. One of the worst states to own a house for the lower-upper middle class. I didn't say that 90% was dead on balls accurate because the number is probably higher.

It's a buyer's market in nearly every state becuse values continue to depreciate due to crazy amounts of short sales and foreclosures. From the homeowner's point of view, why continue to dump thousands of dollars in interest every month into a depreciating asset that you never intended to live in, long-term?

Bullshit...  http://realtytimes.com/rtmcrcond/California~Orange_County~gerrygoodman

Even a lower end condo, since you asked for the math, 10% X 300k= 30k

So the guy who said he made a 100k isn't really that far fetched considering a modest home is 500-700k
The math on that again for you would be 50-70k profit. He would be slightly above avg. home wise even if he's not doing it all himself (a lot of women have good jobs), IMHO I don't think 100k profit is to hard to believe...

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2012, 09:43:55 PM »
This post was really intersting for me Ronnyg: you gave me points to think about.
I would like to avoid the ones you call "narrow minded locals", or in any case I hope that if I make the final decision and settle near them they'll eventually accept me.
Do you think in the long run this can be possible or generally speaking rednecks are not willing to accept anyone.
Please do consider that I'm not racist in saying this, I simply don't know so I ask.

all americans talk a big game on getbig, but irl there are very few crazy xenophobes.  wyoming is fine unless you decide to go park yourself next to some militia compound. the issue is that you're going to get bored as fuck - this is coming from someone who loves the outdoors.  as an european you don't realize the scale of the US (even if you've visited you've forgotten).  even if you live in jackson hole, you're still going to be several hours away from a real city. by plane. 

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2012, 06:00:15 AM »
all americans talk a big game on getbig, but irl there are very few crazy xenophobes.  wyoming is fine unless you decide to go park yourself next to some militia compound. the issue is that you're going to get bored as fuck - this is coming from someone who loves the outdoors.  as an european you don't realize the scale of the US (even if you've visited you've forgotten).  even if you live in jackson hole, you're still going to be several hours away from a real city. by plane. 

Never thought about it, honestly.
I just would like to live a lot outdoors taking care of my ranch and animals, sick and tired of responsabilities, all day long in office, never ending meetings, business trips...too old for this shit now.
North of Italy

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2012, 12:56:36 PM »
I just would like to live a lot outdoors taking care of my ranch and animals, sick and tired of responsabilities, all day long in office, never ending meetings, business trips...too old for this shit now.
If want it cold and lonely then Wyoming is the place.

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2012, 01:12:37 PM »

owning a decent sized piece of property is a lot of work, having cattle or other livestock is a lot of work.
 Wait until its balls ass cold and all the water freezes and those cattle need somethig to drink, wait until its 10 below zero and that tractor won`t start and those cattle need hay, yup no responsibilties out here on the farm.
time under tension

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: September 14, 2012, 02:43:53 PM »

I did pay an appraiser

I paid for an appraisal in December 2010 when I refinanced my house and again in July of 2012 when I refinanced again.  The appraised value in July 2012 was 109k greater than in December 2010

The July 2012 appraisal had 2 closed sales from within my development (all the same builder) that were model matches to mine.   One of these sales was a block away from my house

If you don't belive any of that you can check out the bay area real estate prices from 2011 to 2012 (I live in Santa Clara county)

What was that you were saying again about being delusional and not knowing  the true value of my home in my respective market ?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2012, 01:44:24 PM »
I did pay an appraiser

I paid for an appraisal in December 2010 when I refinanced my house and again in July of 2012 when I refinanced again.  The appraised value in July 2012 was 109k greater than in December 2010

The July 2012 appraisal had 2 closed sales from within my development (all the same builder) that were model matches to mine.   One of these sales was a block away from my house

If you don't belive any of that you can check out the bay area real estate prices from 2011 to 2012 (I live in Santa Clara county)

What was that you were saying again about being delusional and not knowing  the true value of my home in my respective market ?

What a house appraises for and what it sells for are two different things.

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2012, 03:03:13 AM »

Maybe it's the old italian convinction that US is a better place, always and everywhere
North of Italy

The Italian Lifter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2012, 03:05:24 AM »
owning a decent sized piece of property is a lot of work, having cattle or other livestock is a lot of work.
 Wait until its balls ass cold and all the water freezes and those cattle need somethig to drink, wait until its 10 below zero and that tractor won`t start and those cattle need hay, yup no responsibilties out here on the farm.

I know that for sure, I have many friends who are farmers, it's also a hard work.
I guess spending years in a office eventually took its toll.
North of Italy

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2012, 02:48:44 PM »

What a house appraises for and what it sells for are two different things.

no shit but then you're the one who brought up the appraisal in the first place

like I said, there are 2 closed sales (both virtual model matches) one of which was a block away from my house (my location is better - I'm at the end of a cul de sac)

One sold for 20k more than the appraised value of my house and the other sold for 5k more than the appraised value of my house