Author Topic: Marijiuana is a gateway drug  (Read 11089 times)

Your Average GymRat

Marijiuana is a gateway drug
« on: September 05, 2012, 07:21:25 PM »
I've met potheads that have never done heroin, coke, crystal meth, etc, but I've never met a junkie who didn't get started on weed. All crackeads, heroin addicts, tweakers started on weed. Gateway drug and I'm for stiffening the laws.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
Re: marijiuana is a gateway drug
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »
Actually Yale did a study recently that Alcohol is far more of a gateway drug

Alcohol is by far one of the costliest drugs in terms of police and medical resources than any other drug out there

your scientific evidence is incredibly sound though ::)

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 08:12:36 PM »
whats with the hate for weed??

I would prefer smoking then drinking anyday of the week. I have never done anything stupid that i regret smoking grass. Booze on the other hand is where all the dumbest shit came from.

Nobody starts sniffing rails high on weed its when the are drunk, then coke to crack, coke to meth and so forth.

The USA is in a downward spiral and u think they need tougher druglaws?? they need to legalize everything and put the money back into the USA instead of it going south to pay for the cartels ever expanding business.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 08:14:21 PM »
lol usa have their whole army in Astan and the best sattelites in the world yet cant destroy drug cultures there once and for all...funny isnt it?

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 08:20:47 PM »
its brutal. The government spends billions on the war on drugs, and the consumption is on the rise. They need a different approach, prohibition didnt work with booze and it will never work with Drugs.

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:28:47 PM »
Set up locked up colonies poulated with jigs and white junkies and let them all perish and overdose.

What does this have to do with weed? you cant possibly think the same of someone who is baked as someone who is high on meth??

whitewidow

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 08:32:37 PM »
its brutal. The government spends billions on the war on drugs, and the consumption is on the rise. They need a different approach, prohibition didnt work with booze and it will never work with Drugs.

for sure. but all drugs are available if needed. I can go buy marijuana out of a medicinal store. in OR they allow you to get a medicinal card and with that card you can grow it yourself, have somebody grow it for you or just go to the many dispensarys and buy it. also if you really need cocaine they do have cocaine in hospitals. thye company mallinckrodt makes it. aso they have strong opiates when IV'ed work very similar to heroin.

The whole thing is silly though, we are making mexicans rich due to the fact they run the cocaine, crytal meth, and heroin game. sure the cocaine is from south america but they use mexico now to get it into the states instead of florida. I think weed should be available to anybody over the age of 21. and the other drugs obtained by doctors if really needed but only after a car wreck or something serious. keeping weed illegal is a joke-IMO. the whole drugs scene will never stop. It's best the US government sells it then letting mexico controll our usa streets with drugs.

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2012, 08:37:19 PM »
for sure. but all drugs are available if needed. I can go buy marijuana out of a medicinal store. in OR they allow you to get a medicinal card and with that card you can grow it yourself, have somebody grow it for you or just go to the many dispensarys and buy it. also if you really need cocaine they do have cocaine in hospitals. thye company mallinckrodt makes it. aso they have strong opiates when IV'ed work very similar to heroin.

The whole thing is silly though, we are making mexicans rich due to the fact they run the cocaine, crytal meth, and heroin game. sure the cocaine is from south america but they use mexico now to get it into the states instead of florida. I think weed should be available to anybody over the age of 21. and the other drugs obtained by doctors if really needed but only after a car wreck or something serious. keeping weed illegal is a joke-IMO. the whole drugs scene will never stop. It's best the US government sells it then letting mexico controll our usa streets with drugs.

And those mexicans getting rich are the cartels and they are ruthless!! the past  10yrs they have killed 50,000 people+. How about those 50 headless bodies they found a few months back?? Things are insane around the border now.

you are right the drugs will NEVER stop, only answer is legalization and taxation.

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2012, 08:52:49 PM »
anyone who has ever bounced in a club or worked as a cop or worked on an ambulance can tell you alcohol is a million times more dangerous, violent and life ruining drug than weed

I work on an ambulance and have bounced before

cant tell you the horrors i have seen from the results from alcohol  :-\

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2012, 08:53:52 PM »
That's because booze is legal and therfore more prolific. Also, there is no breathalizer for weed and it's harder to detect. Weed is a negro's drug and is best left to them.
well now I can tell you're just trollin

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2012, 09:47:55 PM »
I've met potheads that have never done heroin, coke, crystal meth, etc, but I've never met a junkie who didn't get started on weed. All crackeads, heroin addicts, tweakers started on weed. Gateway drug and I'm for stiffening the laws.
How many junkies have you met? Alcohol & Cigarettes are normally the first drugs that people take - these are the gateway drugs - and they're legal. Worldwide, 162 million adults use marijuana at least once per year, and 22.5 million use the drug daily.  To date, marijuana has never killed anybody, marijuana has many many medicinal purposes and the plant itself is a fantastic resource for making clothes, rope, paper etc.. The war on Drugs has caused far more suffering and deaths than if the drugs were legal.  

If you take what's going on in Mexico as a prime example, were the cartels actually run the country and brutally murder at an alarming rate, there is now widespread corruption, also Military intervention to help police the country and the most horrendous crime rate and brutality.  It is inexcusable for those in power to enforce what people ingest into their bodies - forcing your beliefs onto others on what they should ingest is Fascist nonsense.  I'm amazed that people don't see the inherit violence of such an immoral ideology.  Those who support such policies have a tremendous amount of blood on there hands and are responsible for untold suffering.

By criminalising marijuana, you create very powerful criminal organisations, one that operates beyond the law - the ultimate price is paid for by the taxpayer, the legal system and the average user who is incarcerated in an already overburdened jail system.  Everyone loses except the Drug Lords!
V

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2012, 09:55:22 PM »
Nope.
I started with E and Coke before I moved on to the (really) hard stuff.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 07:30:08 AM »
I can agree. I started with pot then nubain, then blow, X, K, GHB. But weed is like an appetizer. Still smoke daily

Ex Coelis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 07:41:32 AM »
How many junkies have you met? Alcohol & Cigarettes are normally the first drugs that people take - these are the gateway drugs - and they're legal. Worldwide, 162 million adults use marijuana at least once per year, and 22.5 million use the drug daily.  To date, marijuana has never killed anybody, marijuana has many many medicinal purposes and the plant itself is a fantastic resource for making clothes, rope, paper etc.. The war on Drugs has caused far more suffering and deaths than if the drugs were legal.  

If you take what's going on in Mexico as a prime example, were the cartels actually run the country and brutally murder at an alarming rate, there is now widespread corruption, also Military intervention to help police the country and the most horrendous crime rate and brutality.  It is inexcusable for those in power to enforce what people ingest into their bodies - forcing your beliefs onto others on what they should ingest is Fascist nonsense.  I'm amazed that people don't see the inherit violence of such an immoral ideology.  Those who support such policies have a tremendous amount of blood on there hands and are responsible for untold suffering.

By criminalising purchasing marijuana  , you create very powerful criminal organisations, one that operates beyond the law - the ultimate price is paid for by the taxpayer, the legal system and the average user who is incarcerated in an already overburdened jail system.  Everyone loses except the Drug Lords!

it's always someone else's fault, right?

typical drug user attitude

johnny_english

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2012, 07:45:46 AM »
Oh i agree totally with you average gymrat, i will toast your name when i smoke my third blunt of the day, god bless you

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2012, 07:58:33 AM »
the problem with america is that it's so conservative, a country where war is glorified and holding guns is a right while smoking a bit of grass (child drugs in our free country) is been seen as a satan.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2012, 08:24:12 AM »
it's always someone else's fault, right?

typical drug user attitude
Typical denial of a naive do-gooder who refuses to face facts (I also dont take drugs) just prefer someone smoking a herb rather than seeing people beheaded with chainsaws.  Prohibitionists have a fucked up attitude!  Keep burying your head in the sand and forcing others to believe you know what's good for them.  The proof is in the pudding, How's that WAR on Drugs going! about the same as the WAR on TERROR!  The war on drugs made the world a more dangerous place, and now the war on terror has made the world even more dangerous again.  Gotta love those religious nutjobs running the show telling everyone else what to do, say, behave, eat, ingest - Yeah, that's working a treat! WAR WAR WAR - that's all the Americans know!  The problem is, the majority of people with a Prohibition attitude have never even tried drugs, there brainwashing was so perfect, they're now afraid of even there own shadow let alone smoking some herbs.

V

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2012, 09:32:14 AM »
Your mom's a gateway drug.
Trans Milkshake.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2012, 10:06:39 AM »
Your mom's a gateway drug.

shes addictive

Agent69

• Getbig III
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2012, 10:07:03 AM »
so you completely contradick your self in this paragraph ..your a complete idiotic-
weed helps people with many diseases and your a typical fucked up idiot-
if your gonna do crack your gonna do it-has nothing to do with weed you tool--

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2012, 10:09:58 AM »
the swiss govt actually did this once in the 80s.

guess the result
Really? What happened?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2012, 10:18:18 AM »
im all for legalizing it, and taxing it. And force people to have to get a RX for the heavier shit.
Cleaner drugs, less spreading of germs and diseases form sharing of needles, junkies have to get medical check ups, less crime, and the bigger reason $$$$ for the economy. Plus the $$$ wold stay in the US.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2012, 10:20:13 AM »
im all for legalizing it, and taxing it. And force people to have to get a RX for the heavier shit.
Cleaner drugs, less spreading of germs and diseases form sharing of needles, junkies have to get medical check ups, less crime, and the bigger reason $$$$ for the economy. Plus the $$$ wold stay in the US.
Yup. Would eliminate the scumbag dealers and bring in a lot of tax revenue.
Unfortunately, that revenue would be spent on some stupid shit like always.
(This is coming from an ex-junkie as well. That shit (harder stuff, meth and heroin) ruins lives, but it will never stop people from using it.

Whats kind of funny, is that for Opiate addicts, they have basically legal forms of it with Methadone, that is doctor regulated, and to them, that is helping "treat" the addicts.

Which is fucking hilarious that they will let people pay a clinic to give them basically legal heroin everyday, but they throw people in jail for using Opiates outside of the "clinic". Its a fucked up system.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »
im all for legalizing it, and taxing it. And force people to have to get a RX for the heavier shit.Cleaner drugs, less spreading of germs and diseases form sharing of needles, junkies have to get medical check ups, less crime, and the bigger reason $$$$ for the economy. Plus the $$$ wold stay in the US.

That would eliminate a BIG crime element to drugs. No more cartels. But then again, you eliminate all the jobs at the DEA and Border Patrol

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2012, 10:29:21 AM »
Yup. Would eliminate the scumbag dealers and bring in a lot of tax revenue.
Unfortunately, that revenue would be spent on some stupid shit like always.
(This is coming from an ex-junkie as well. That shit (harder stuff, meth and heroin) ruins lives, but it will never stop people from using it.

Whats kind of funny, is that for Opiate addicts, they have basically legal forms of it with Methadone, that is doctor regulated, and to them, that is helping "treat" the addicts.

Which is fucking hilarious that they will let people pay a clinic to give them basically legal heroin everyday, but they throw people in jail for using Opiates outside of the "clinic". Its a fucked up system.

as long the the $$$ stay in america its cool. hey, somebody has to buy the stupid shit ;D
but, seriously the government spent $500 per second on the war on drugs. And at the same time, cutting jobs at schools and shit.
A