Author Topic: Marijiuana is a gateway drug  (Read 11114 times)

MikMaq

Re: marijiuana is a gateway drug
« Reply #50 on: September 07, 2012, 03:19:17 AM »
Alcohol is the devil, its fucked how bad it is compared to weed. Even I hate on weed sometimes, yet Ive done so much fucked up shit drinking. For me Ive fucked up my life worst in the last month drinking than I did being a chronic for 3 years. Thats ignoring the fact that I got two uncles, 3 great uncles, and one grandfather that were all drunks.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #51 on: September 07, 2012, 03:19:37 AM »

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #52 on: September 07, 2012, 11:20:56 AM »
People who take marijuana regularly are drug addicts. Its as simple as that. I have no symphaty or tolerance for drugs or drug addicts.

I smoke everyday and all day on the days i dont train.

Its not a drug.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #53 on: September 07, 2012, 11:30:03 AM »
i hear ya man

alcohol is a legal drug, so therefore it's very easily accessible

i stoped cold turkey over 2 years ago, and haven't had a drop since, and there is no such thing as "only one drink" for a true alcoholic, and it took me nearly 2 years to finally figure it out

For someone to be able to stop booze and opiates is HARD! Blow is hard too. Never liked drinking and was afraid i would like heroin too much so i never tried it. Blow had me messed up for about 7 years. Did so much dumb crap that its hard to even think about

mame09

• Getbig III
  • its simple if it jiggles its fat
« Reply #54 on: September 07, 2012, 04:45:40 PM »
Never tried that, because I hate needles. But quitting coke is a breeze compared to alcohol. Just cut yourself loose from the circle of friends that use coke. Problem solved. With alcohol, there's no escaping it. Hell, you get looked at funny if you don't have a beer with the guys! "It's just one beer, man!" And that goes on everywhere, in every social setting, every venue.

Which is why I've never fallen off the wagon coke-wise, but I do relapse once or twice per year on alcohol. Because maybe my friends and that bartender are right: it is only one beer! What harm could it do? It's not like there is a cheap and limitless supply waiting in the wings for me, available 24 hours per day with little or no social stigma...  ::)

you drink to get drunk

cart@@n

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2012, 09:04:43 PM »
oxygen is a gateway drug

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2012, 09:47:18 PM »
Of course marijuana is a gateway drug.  It's the first drug you try, and then realise that all the people who told you you were going to die or become a heroin addict if you were even in the same room as the stuff - didn't know what the hell they were talking about.  As such, almost every piece of information given to you on illegal drugs becomes potentially false.  That's a huge paradigm shift for anyone and it is the catalyst (the gateway) to seeking a more accurate representation of the "truth".

I can only speak for myself in this regard, marijuana was THE gateway drug for me because it was illegal and unsanctioned by government - alcohol was "safe" and legal.  It was not a gateway drug (for me - that is, - no point dealing in absolutes)

If you're a parent, the worst thing you can do is paint an impractical picture of drugs to your child.  We live in an age where they will find out that you were exaggerating (or wrong) and they will stop telling you anything about their life - because you are no longer to be trusted as a source of information - which renders your input absolutely useless.  It is a fine line to walk with a kid, these days, because you might end up endorsing the use of drugs, too.  I have no idea how I would deal with it, other than not bullshitting the kid. 

Can't help if you're designated an "outsider mentality".

As for prohibition.  E-Kul is right, but I think a generally grounded opinion on prohibition is a shrug of the shoulders.  It is most definitely a restriction of our rights (those that have their own will) - but it is likely that the effects of lifting prohibition would be wide ranging and quite negative (for the idiots).  I read people posting in my facebook feed of losing their car keys, finding them and then trying to tell themselves it was "god" who found their keys for them.  These people do not even recognise their own capacity for choice so ahh, yeah, I'll shrug my shoulders on what is the lesser evil.  If you're selfish, you're going to want prohibition lifted, but if you have a social conscience, I think you must agree that some of the idiots will not fare well under this new freedom (that's not to say it shouldn't happen - I just favour not picking a side).

nkhp

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2012, 09:35:23 AM »
I smoke everyday and all day on the days i dont train.

Its not a drug.

fack im on the daily smoke train too. sometimes all day, but i love to smoke prior to lifting and have for years i find you get in the zone.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2012, 07:31:29 PM »
i hear ya man

alcohol is a legal drug, so therefore it's very easily accessible

i stoped cold turkey over 2 years ago, and haven't had a drop since, and there is no such thing as "only one drink" for a true alcoholic, and it took me nearly 2 years to finally figure it out
Did you get the shakes/Dt's?

ChristopherA

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2012, 07:50:41 PM »
People who take marijuana regularly are drug addicts. Its as simple as that. I have no symphaty or tolerance for drugs or drug addicts.
Do you drink? Just the fact you said "take" marijuana everyday tells me you're uneducated about the topic. As far as what's hardest to quit I've always said booze would be the worst can you could drive right down to the packy and get it whenever.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2012, 01:44:40 AM »
Did you get the shakes/Dt's?

never

my grandad is 93 and drinks like a fish and smokes like a chimney and he's still going strong, lives on his own with no assistance of any kind and is just an angry pissed off dude lol

genetics FTW :D

whitewidow

Re: Marijiuana is a gateway drug
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2012, 02:26:16 AM »
The truth of it is xanax is the most addictive drug more so than heroin. the withdrawals are absolutely awful and you can die! you can start seizuring at any point. with opiate withdrawal it is not that hardcore but still awful.

weed is not really addictive and I think when somebody gets used to smoking everyday it just comes natural and it just chills you out a bit.

there really are no withdrawals but if you are a everyday smoker for years and have to stop due to a plain trip visiting granny in vermont and dont want to risk bringing weed in your bag. you will get pissed off easier and it will be harder to sleep. But as far as withdrawals like with opiates or benzos it is nothing like that! It is good to take a week or 2 break from smoking anyway.

I used to smoke everyday and had not stopped for a day in years but I went to visit my mom on her birthday. Flew out and everything! The last thing I wanted was to get busted at the airport on my moms birthday. this was just after 9/11 too.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2012, 03:03:28 AM »
Alcohol is the devil, its fucked how bad it is compared to weed. Even I hate on weed sometimes, yet Ive done so much fucked up shit drinking. For me Ive fucked up my life worst in the last month drinking than I did being a chronic for 3 years. Thats ignoring the fact that I got two uncles, 3 great uncles, and one grandfather that were all drunks.
Which means you need to stay far away from the bottle, or you'll end up like them.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #63 on: September 10, 2012, 03:15:18 AM »

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #64 on: September 10, 2012, 09:55:00 AM »
fack im on the daily smoke train too. sometimes all day, but i love to smoke prior to lifting and have for years i find you get in the zone.

Agreed.

I get a damn good pump if i smoke before i train

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #65 on: September 10, 2012, 09:57:58 AM »
xtc is heaven

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!