Author Topic: Record 88,921,000 people not in the workforce. FORWARD!!!!!!!  (Read 1130 times)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Record 88,921,000 people not in the workforce. FORWARD!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 07:29:01 AM »
Hey, 3333 did you see that video of Romney from 1994? That is infinitely more important than the millions of people out of the workforce.

Hell, abortion, contraceptives, gay rights are all more important.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 07:32:07 AM »
Hey, 3333 did you see that video of Romney from 1994? That is infinitely more important than the millions of people out of the workforce.

Hell, abortion, contraceptives, gay rights are all more important.

You should see some of the posting on my facebook by lib harlots.  Abortion and free stuff from Daddy Gubmint is all they care about. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, 04:59:51 AM »
Bump for a braindead dolts

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, 05:58:49 AM »
Bump for a braindead dolts

Bump for the naive who think that it would make a difference if the president was named Romney.

This shit started before Obama was even a candidate.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, 06:01:40 AM »
Bump for the naive who think that it would make a difference if the president was named Romney.

This shit started before Obama was even a candidate.

STFU troll. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, 06:05:37 AM »
STFU troll. 

Why dont you make me neocon?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, 06:07:42 AM »
Why dont you make me neocon?

There is no defense to the Obama record of deficit, debt, collapse, decay, despair, and depression and you know it. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, 06:25:02 AM »
There is no defense to the Obama record of deficit, debt, collapse, decay, despair, and depression and you know it. 

Sure there is. Obama doesnt have the power to fix all these things. Government cant be everywhere.
If Romney had a chance to fix all this the situation would be different.
But Romney doesnt have any answers he only has more problems.
Obama is no Reagan or Clinton but he is several steps above Romney.
RP would be a candidate but the GOP screwed him (and the people).

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, 06:46:52 AM »
http://cnsnews.com/news/article/record-88921000-americans-not-labor-force-119000-fewer-employed-august-july

::)
The Labor Department counts a person as not in the civilian labor force if they are at least 16 years old, are not in the military or an institution such as a prison, mental hospital or nursing home, and have not actively looked for a job in the last four weeks.

You know....some parents may not want to have their kids working during high school...same with college kids.  You have people on disability...you also have the elderly....in other words, its not an important number.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, 06:49:32 AM »
The Labor Department counts a person as not in the civilian labor force if they are at least 16 years old, are not in the military or an institution such as a prison, mental hospital or nursing home, and have not actively looked for a job in the last four weeks.

You know....some parents may not want to have their kids working during high school...same with college kids.  You have people on disability...you also have the elderly....in other words, its not an important number.

LMFAO - most 94ers never really seemed that concerned with jobs anyway. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »

What you mean 95,000 posts on this internet board alone isn't a defense?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:02 AM »

What you mean 95,000 posts on this internet board alone isn't a defense?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #14 on: September 11, 2012, 07:38:08 AM »
I call bullshit... Everyone wants to talk about Unemployment, but the reality is that it's bullshit on all accounts... Sure, it's above 8% based upon not using people that have rolled off of benefits, but what bout the clowns who refuse to even take a job.

Stossel even went to YOUR city and looked within 15 city blocks around YOUR city and found over 50 jobs and went to the unemployment line and everyone there REFUSED them.

So how much is because people are LAZY and society is giving them a free pass?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2012, 07:39:57 AM »
So how much is because people are LAZY and society is giving them a free pass?

And who is doing that more than anyone in our lifetimes TU? 

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2012, 07:42:56 AM »
And who is doing that more than anyone in our lifetimes TU? 

I'm not disagreeing... Obama has certainly allowed a shit ton of it.... I can't stand it... but you can't use unemployment when the problem isn't that there aren't jobs... there ARE jobs... We are just letting people say no to them.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2012, 08:00:28 AM »
I'm not disagreeing... Obama has certainly allowed a shit ton of it.... I can't stand it... but you can't use unemployment when the problem isn't that there aren't jobs... there ARE jobs... We are just letting people say no to them.

Really? What kind of jobs are there that let you earn a good wage and keep up with the ever increasing cost of food, housing and transportation. What jobs are out there that are full time, not seasonal, not part time.  So are the recent college graduates that dumb that there are jobs all around them, but they choose not to work? Please.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2012, 08:14:39 AM »
Really? What kind of jobs are there that let you earn a good wage and keep up with the ever increasing cost of food, housing and transportation. What jobs are out there that are full time, not seasonal, not part time.  So are the recent college graduates that dumb that there are jobs all around them, but they choose not to work? Please.

Did you watch my video?

Obviously not with this response.

You are not guaranteed a "wage"... Where did you get the idea you were? In 1997 I took a job at a place making $8.13 cents an hour... At that time it was not a "good wage", it was barely livable... but I took it anyway... I was in college and needed to get something going... I now make quite a bit... since I used that experience to my advantage to bump my skill set and move forward.

You are not guaranteed some 40K job out of college and that's just fucking life.

Watch that video and get back to me.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
Did you watch my video?

Obviously not with this response.

You are not guaranteed a "wage"... Where did you get the idea you were? In 1997 I took a job at a place making $8.13 cents an hour... At that time it was not a "good wage", it was barely livable... but I took it anyway... I was in college and needed to get something going... I now make quite a bit... since I used that experience to my advantage to bump my skill set and move forward.

You are not guaranteed some 40K job out of college and that's just fucking life.

Watch that video and get back to me.

Where did I say that anyone was guaranteed a wage of $40k? But, most graduates now are not even getting any jobs in the field that they majored in. Even 2 or 3 years later. Even people who completed graduate schools are still looking. That is bad.

This economy sucks and Obama is the main reason. But hey, the interest rate on their student loan is low. That is just great.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »

Where did I say that anyone was guaranteed a wage of $40k? But, most graduates now are not even getting any jobs in the field that they majored in. Even 2 or 3 years later. Even people who completed graduate schools are still looking. That is bad.

This economy sucks and Obama is the main reason. But hey, the interest rate on their student loan is low. That is just great.

They should have gotten degrees in shit other than arts and "liberal studies"... Maybe they should have done some real work.

The video I posted also touches this subject.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, 09:49:50 AM »
They should have gotten degrees in shit other than arts and "liberal studies"... Maybe they should have done some real work.
The video I posted also touches this subject.
Bingo bango.
Lets all go get worthless degrees and then cry when we cant pay our loans brah.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:11 AM »
Bingo bango.
Lets all go get worthless degrees and then cry when we cant pay our loans brah.

That's the shit I told my students when I was teaching.

When looking at a future career you need to think about jobs that require skills, real skills that people actually need and can't do without.

Building, programming, engineering, designing, maintaining and simply making stuff. The ability to effectively write and use language is also desirable in many positions.

If you go to college and get a worthless degree, come out 50k + in debt and have to settle for working as a paid "intern" while doing weekends at Starbucks.....well, you have no one to blame but yourself.