Author Topic: Do you feel bad for BP shareholders?  (Read 484 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Do you feel bad for BP shareholders?
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:09:30 PM »
They bought stock in a very risky, yet very profitable company.

BP actually averages a little over $5 billion profit PER QUARTER.  Stockholders have enjoyed insane profits for the last 10 years.  But they also chose a company with 50 to 100 times the safety violations of other, less profitable oil firms.  Remember John Stewart demonstrating the $ of BP safety violations?  It dwarfed all the other companies combined. 

BP plays it fast and loose, and everyone got rich for a long time.  Now, they did screw up, they did make a big mess.  Obama isn't talking about locking people up.  Rather, he wants them to donate $20 bil - or ONE YEAR OF PROFITS - toward cleaning up the mess and helping those people who lost their jobs due to the oil.  And, with only 1% of the oil making landfall so far, this mess might be HUGE.

BP had the $20 bil sitting there in a slush fund already, so it's not like they're giong to the poorhouse.

So if you buy stock in a risky company, and one year, you don't make profits because you're cleaning up a mess you made... what is wrong with that picture?  I think people would be MORE mad if BP sitll made billions in profits, they paid out all the dividends, and they told the fisherman to fck off...

Where do you stand? 

Danny

• Getbig V
  • The original Superman
Tea Party Supporters Overlap Republican Base
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 10:06:01 AM »
NO FREAKIN WAY!!!  :o :o :o :o     ;D ;D

PRINCETON, NJ -- There is significant overlap between Americans who identify as supporters of the Tea Party movement and those who identify as conservative Republicans. Their similar ideological makeup and views suggest that the Tea Party movement is more a rebranding of core Republicanism than a new or distinct entity on the American political scene.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/141098/Tea-Party-Supporters-Overlap-Republican-Base.aspx?utm_source=add%2Bthis&utm_medium=addthis.com&utm_campaign=sharing&utm_term=Tea-Party-Supporters-Overlap-Republican-Base
"What we do in life ECHOES in eternity "

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
so i'm at fado's
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 07:47:18 PM »
it's an irish bar, kinda upscale.Talking to a friend about the world cup over a few pints.  He was rooting for Germany, me the obvious Spain.  So a lady strolls up and orders a drink (refill)over hears our convo and chimes in that germany deserved to lose etc, and I chime in with the same and then note that i'm spanish.  we start this little banter ending with spain rocks.  she then puts her hand on my shoulder and as she walks away does the hand across the back thing.  Then gets bewtween my friend and me and says shes at a certain table with 2 other women.  Should we have gone over there or stayed where we were at.  these were cougars i gues.  but as we looked back there were other guys trying to hit on them....ideas?

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
are there ANY bbers that are not criminals in the eyes of the law????
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 03:38:15 PM »
shit...even ronnie does not qualify??

carpe` vaginum!

Don_Dada

• Getbig III
Murder of Tupac back in September 1996
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 06:49:46 PM »

The last Pic taken of Tupac while he was still alive... Moments before he was shot

How was this case never solved? I didnt realize that a witness was murdered months later. I see 4 women may have been accesories in the case. I dont know how they havent spoken up. Maybe they were killed as well. 

I didnt know much about the final night of Tupac's life. So I looked it up and found this site..

http://www.findadeath.com/Deceased/s/tupacshakur/tupacshakur.htm

lalidora

• Time Out
  • Getbig I
Anna Friel Downblouse x8
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 06:09:24 AM »
Anna Friel Downblouse x8