Author Topic: age is just an excuse  (Read 8630 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: age is just an excuse
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2012, 12:38:35 PM »
Well seems the inspiration goes away as you get older, I mean you ask yourself why keep going on?

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2012, 12:41:56 PM »
My excuse for looking like shit lately is that I am 68 years old. Of course the real reason for this is that I haven't been going to the gym and working out. One thing seems sure, the older I get the more I need to workout to maintain any kind of decent physique. Seeing photos of other senior citizens who manage to look amazing is inspirational. Maybe I will hit the gym tomorrow.

Long time no see, hows life?
I remember your thread about your prostate cancer. Do you have it under control?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2012, 01:22:39 PM »
Long time no see, hows life?
I remember your thread about your prostate cancer. Do you have it under control?

Thanks for asking about my health. I had a prostatectomy on July 5, 2012. The recovery was quick and easy. My last PSA results were .02 which means undetectable. This is excellent. The doctor says I can go back on testosterone in about a year if my PSA remains like this.

I cannot blame my lack of gym time on either the prostate cancer or the surgery. I just have not been so inspired lately. I hope the fall weather will inspire me. I spent a good deal of time gardening this summer. It is exercise and it is relaxing but I don't build muscles so much doing this as I do lifting weights. LOL!

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2012, 01:27:37 PM »
Well seems the inspiration goes away as you get older, I mean you ask yourself why keep going on?

You are probably right about this. It is not like I am planning on wearing a "thong" in some bodybuilding competition anyway.  :)  It just doesn't seem dignified at my age, no matter how great I looked. Anyway, there is more to life than working out and building muscle. I achieved my goal of getting big years ago. I don't need to keep working on that same goal forever. Actually, I would like to get leaner. Clothes look better on lean people than on big muscular folks.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2012, 01:35:25 PM »
age is also genetics.

today in the gym there was a guy, as lean as me, somewhat bigger, and....ten years older than me.

however, he looked younger than me, no doubt.

half my hair on my head is grey, at age 33, and theres no way i couldve stopped that.

it started at age 23, same goes for my brother.genetics play big role how well one ages

as for building muscle, well, age dont really matter when on hormones, with hormones you make your bodys own artifical hormonal enviroment, making any 20 year old seeming like a girl.

but with age come responsibilities like families and jobs, those keep ppl from training and eating well very often

There is nothing wrong with gray hair. I have been mostly bald since my early twenties. While these things are a natural part of aging, they don't tell the whole story. Some folks in my family have great genetics when it comes to aging. My cousin who is six years younger than I am, looks like she is 30 years old in a recent photo her husband took of her on their schooner. I have oily skin, which for me results in very few wrinkles. My teeth are in excellent shape. Folks tell me I look much younger than my age. That is no doubt just because of family genetics.

Schmoff

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2012, 01:40:42 PM »
this dude here is 62 fucking years old :o :o :o

he's black, probably he lied

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2012, 01:55:59 PM »
Thanks for asking about my health. I had a prostatectomy on July 5, 2012. The recovery was quick and easy. My last PSA results were .02 which means undetectable. This is excellent. The doctor says I can go back on testosterone in about a year if my PSA remains like this.

I cannot blame my lack of gym time on either the prostate cancer or the surgery. I just have not been so inspired lately. I hope the fall weather will inspire me. I spent a good deal of time gardening this summer. It is exercise and it is relaxing but I don't build muscles so much doing this as I do lifting weights. LOL!

Wow, that's good news about the results, I hope they remain that way.

I know, it's not always easy to stay inspired in the gym. Variation is important, not only for your body. I like to try new concepts (exercises, volume, reps, techniques) every x weeks and I train at 2 locations from my gym.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2012, 02:07:32 PM »

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2012, 02:13:52 PM »
Damn fine shape for that age.

not just that age man, but for any age

this fella is in the top 1% physique-wise of the whole male population, from age 18 onward, no doubt about it

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2012, 03:02:22 PM »
age is also genetics.

today in the gym there was a guy, as lean as me, somewhat bigger, and....ten years older than me.

however, he looked younger than me, no doubt.

half my hair on my head is grey, at age 33, and theres no way i couldve stopped that.

it started at age 23, same goes for my brother.genetics play big role how well one ages

as for building muscle, well, age dont really matter when on hormones, with hormones you make your bodys own artifical hormonal enviroment, making any 20 year old seeming like a girl.

but with age come responsibilities like families and jobs, those keep ppl from training and eating well very often
X2 Genes rule. Vince Taylor a good example.

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2012, 03:19:26 PM »
This beyond "looks good for his age", dude looks fukkin amazing.. I know him from bb.com, haven't checked his profile recently (can you post a link?). Good genetics + good drugs + consistency = halted aging, at least in some sense (as this fella would wipe the floor with someone 40years younger.. That's something..).

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2012, 03:25:25 PM »
This beyond "looks good for his age", dude looks fukkin amazing.. I know him from bb.com, haven't checked his profile recently (can you post a link?). Good genetics + good drugs + consistency = halted aging, at least in some sense (as this fella would wipe the floor with someone 40years younger.. That's something..).

sorry man, but i didn't save the link, but that's where i found him, on bb.com

are you familiar with the other dude with the goofyass haircut but an OUT-FUCKING-STANDING physique?

there was one pretty funny pic of him holding some mini clown doll ;D

i bet you know who i'm talking about, the guy is a good dude in fact, good heart and soul :)

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2012, 03:31:09 PM »
sorry man, but i didn't save the link, but that's where i found him, on bb.com

are you familiar with the other dude with the goofyass haircut but an OUT-FUCKING-STANDING physique?

there was one pretty funny pic of him holding some mini clown doll ;D

i bet you know who i'm talking about, the guy is a good dude in fact, good heart and soul :)

Doesn't really "pop" in my mind at the moment, but if I'd see I probably would remember as I've got pretty familiar with more outstanding members there, over the years. Just tried to do a search on this black fella, but nothing came out. Strange, as the age range is clear: 60-67 or so, not an abundance of good looking bodybuilders in it.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2012, 04:06:22 PM »

Congrats,all the best to you!  ;)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2012, 04:18:25 PM »
Doesn't really "pop" in my mind at the moment, but if I'd see I probably would remember as I've got pretty familiar with more outstanding members there, over the years. Just tried to do a search on this black fella, but nothing came out. Strange, as the age range is clear: 60-67 or so, not an abundance of good looking bodybuilders in it.

here it is man 8)

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/JerryB/

he's 5'7" @ 187

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2012, 04:23:46 PM »
here it is man 8)

he's 5'7" @ 187

Great shape, too bad he has a scoliosis

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2012, 04:38:00 PM »
here it is man 8)

he's 5'7" @ 187

Thanks! Even face-wise he looks very young.

This pic is from 1984:

Dude must've been juicing for 25+years at least lol..

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
Thanks! Even face-wise he looks very young.

yup, the dude is a true inspiration 8)

and he claims that exercise is the fountain of youth, and i think that he's right

da_vinci

• Getbig V
  • Cry me a river
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2012, 04:43:46 PM »
yup, the dude is a true inspiration 8)

and he claims that exercise is the fountain of youth, and i think that he's right

Lookin'at his skin one couldn't argue that I guess..

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2012, 04:44:08 PM »
What is "Mr America" ?
Amerigo Vespucci...

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 05:40:54 PM »
Mugabe has never let his dictator role get in the way of a few curls for the girls.

;D
O

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »
Lookin'at his skin one couldn't argue that I guess..

If you want good skin when you're older stay out of the sun when you are younger.  Nothing damages skin like prolonged sun exposure and that damage cannot be reversed.  Unfortunately, by the time most people start to pay attention to this, the damage is already done.  Most skin damage from the sun happens in your teens and twenties--but the damage does not really begin to show up until your 40s and 50s.  :'(

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2012, 07:31:14 PM »
i respect old natural lifters, not roided ones...

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2012, 11:37:02 PM »

He looks better than all IFBB bodybuilders who sport a massive belly.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 10, 2012, 12:31:35 AM »
Lot of self admitted wrinkly ballsack lusters in this thread.