Author Topic: age is just an excuse  (Read 8639 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: age is just an excuse
« Reply #50 on: September 10, 2012, 02:02:30 AM »
He looks better than all IFBB bodybuilders who sport a massive belly.

times a gazillon

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: September 10, 2012, 02:21:02 AM »
Wow, he looks Incredible!  There are some amazing master bodybuilders/competitors out there for sure.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #52 on: September 10, 2012, 05:00:43 AM »
Yeah, he works (or worked) with guys in the field because his superiors didn't allow him to give them huge amounts of PEDs. What kind of questions did he ask you?
"  if someone cut you off at an intersection would you A: politely let him go thru ...... B: honk your horn and call him an asshole or C: cut him off /rip him outta the car/cut off his head and shit down his neck?
also his nurse used to caliper my balls everytime (altho he did cut me a check every time) ahhh the life of a meathead (circa early 1990's)  lol

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2012, 05:31:44 AM »
"  if someone cut you off at an intersection would you A: politely let him go thru ...... B: honk your horn and call him an asshole or C: cut him off /rip him outta the car/cut off his head and shit down his neck?
also his nurse used to caliper my balls everytime (altho he did cut me a check every time) ahhh the life of a meathead (circa early 1990's)  lol

Some funny anecdotes  ;D

NEXUS 6

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2012, 09:19:50 AM »
i respect old natural lifters, not roided ones...

You disrespect the human race as a whole every time you put your moronic thoughts down and hit "post" you miserable cock licker

you always talk about our failings being linked to our parents, and it's true...because your father should have drowned you at birth.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2012, 12:13:49 PM »
Wow, that's good news about the results, I hope they remain that way.

I know, it's not always easy to stay inspired in the gym. Variation is important, not only for your body. I like to try new concepts (exercises, volume, reps, techniques) every x weeks and I train at 2 locations from my gym.

I should try the other location of the gym where I train for variety. Sometimes a change of scene is what is needed for inspiration. I also enjoy changing up my routine. However, I am such a creature of habit, I have to force myself to do that.

There is no reason to believe the prostate cancer will return at this point (it helps that I no longer have a prostate). This is one of the benefits of catching it early and taking care of it aggressively. Cancer seems to prevail in my family. Although the thinking about a genetic predisposition to cancer changes from time to time (it is the just "practice" of medicine after all and they say that practice makes perfect) I tried to stay on top of any health irregularities just to be safe.

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2012, 12:20:37 PM »
Some funny anecdotes  ;D
                                                  ;)

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2012, 12:23:48 PM »
Too many use their age as an excuse.

Sure, building a purely awesome physique might become ever more difficult after 40, but someone with passion and a reasonably healthy body can develop strength and thickness well into his 50s ... and maybe even beyond. 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2012, 12:26:08 PM »
If you want good skin when you're older stay out of the sun when you are younger.  Nothing damages skin like prolonged sun exposure and that damage cannot be reversed.  Unfortunately, by the time most people start to pay attention to this, the damage is already done.  Most skin damage from the sun happens in your teens and twenties--but the damage does not really begin to show up until your 40s and 50s.  :'(

I assume you have a darker skin tone which from an appearance standpoint looks more attractive then having light olive toned skin, like I do. I look better with a little bit of suntan. Fortunately, my skin is also oily rather than dry. This seems to help with sun damage in my case. I have very few wrinkles for someone my age. When I was a kid, I'd be at the beach for an entire day, surfing and laying on the beach. These days, 5 minutes laying in the chaise in the back yard is about all I can stand because it is boring and hot laying in the sun. Generally speaking though, you are right about sun exposure aging our skin. My mom laid out by the pool every day the sun was out. When she was 60 years old, she looked 80 years old. Of course, the fact that she smoked a ton of cigarettes everyday of her life didn't help her appearance any either.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »

Sure, building a purely awesome physique might become ever more difficult after 40, but someone with passion and a reasonably healthy body can develop strength and thickness well into his 50s ... and maybe even beyond. 

Compared to me a 50 year old is still a kid. Earl, this fellow who works out at the gym where I do is 10 years older than I am. He still looks really fit at 78. However, he doesn't look like someone who is fit and 50 years old. It seems to me that this is simply a matter of being the best you can be regardless of your age or genetic makeup. I have no pretensions of looking like I did when I was in my 20's or 30's. I just want to look like and continue to be a fit 68 year old.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: September 11, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
You disrespect the human race as a whole every time you put your moronic thoughts down and hit "post" you miserable cock licker

you always talk about our failings being linked to our parents, and it's true...because your father should have drowned you at birth.
wohaaa, hahaha holy shit. Now that's madness. Looks like i made another friend posting on getbig!

Hi "nexus6" and welcome!

whose gimmick are you?

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #61 on: September 11, 2012, 02:36:40 PM »

correcto-mundo

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 11, 2012, 05:22:37 PM »
wohaaa, hahaha holy shit. Now that's madness. Looks like i made another friend posting on getbig!

Hi "nexus6" and welcome!

whose gimmick are you?

Considering what you have for friends, you might be better off with enemies or a dog. Dog's are more forgiving than other humans.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2012, 05:01:46 PM »
Considering what you have for friends, you might be better off with enemies or a dog. Dog's are more forgiving than other humans.
X2 on the dogs.