Author Topic: Cell-mass by BSN  (Read 3110 times)

Tubbs

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigger!
Cell-mass by BSN
« on: November 20, 2005, 09:37:58 AM »
I've got a question for you guys; I want to try Cell-mass by BSN but I'm asking myself the following: you're supposed to take a shitload of simple sugars after your work-out, so how the hell can you do this with Cell-mass (which is supposed to be a post-workout product) which contains only 9.5 g of carbs per serving?! Am I supposed to take something else with it? For example, Cell-Tech (even if not an esther) contains 75 g of carbs per serving.

What's In It?
Supplement Facts:

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (16g)
Servings Per Container: 40

Amount Per Serving:

Calories 38
Sodium 70mg
Potassium 140mg
Carbs 9.5g
Calcium 80mg
Phosphorous 150mg

CEM3 3000mg
(Creatine Ethyl Ester Malate)

Glutamine AKG 2000mg

mastover

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: Cell-mass by BSN
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 09:46:58 AM »
Where did you get the idea that you absolutely HAVE to take a shitload of simple sugars post workout??

250Ben250

• Getbig III
  • skinman approved.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2005, 09:58:36 AM »
#1 - You don't need a bunch of simple sugars after a work-out, whey has an impact on you insulin as it is. I never go above 20-30gms simple carbs post work-out

#2 - Creatine Ethyl Ester (in Cell Mass) doesn't need an insulin spike to "force" it into your muscles, nor does regular creating to that much of an extent

Tubbs

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigger!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2005, 10:41:18 AM »
Where did you get the idea that you absolutely HAVE to take a shitload of simple sugars post workout??
To replenish one's glycogen's level...and by shitload I was meaning 50-70 g of carbs (which I admit is not a shitload after all :))

mastover

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 11:14:38 AM »
Your body has the ability to restore and replenish glycogen in the next 24-36 hours. Going about it in this manner will allow a steadier insulin pulse, as opposed to a massive spike, which is at most, a crap shoot that can backfire and lead to increases in adipose tissue.

Tubbs

• Getbig IV
  • Getbigger!
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 11:21:52 AM »
Thanks, gonna give it a try.

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 07:41:47 AM »
I've made my best gains when the only thing i changed was adding a huge PW meal consisting of a shake containing dextrose and/or honey, whey, and supplements, and a bowl of something relatively quick-digesting, like grits.  Anyways, that's a good way to get the extra carbs....make a bowl of grits, add some dextrose.  Pretty simple, really.  You can buy a bag of dextrose at most health food stores for a few bucks.
:-)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 11:11:27 AM »
besides grits what else would you use for "quick digesting"?
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 12:26:14 PM »
besides grits what else would you use for "quick digesting"?

cream of rice, white rice, regular pasta, dextrose powder, honey, REAL maple syrup (if you have a fast metabolism), cream of wheat, sourdough bread, peaches.....

i personally like breakfast food and have a sweet tooth, so i make sweet grits or cream of rice with lots of spray butter and a Tbsp. of honey. 
:-)

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 07:20:39 PM »
alright sounds good i'll use cream of rice.
bodybuildersreality.com

Carmello

• Getbig III
  • Believe it or not. Your choice.
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2005, 08:45:39 PM »
Take cellmass to the gym with u, and drink it right after your workout. Then wait 20-30mins and have a meal with carbs and protein. Don't go crazy with carbs, i think it really adds unnecessary fat. 30-40g should do it.
CEA999