Author Topic: 2013 SRT Viper Driven  (Read 6924 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
2013 SRT Viper Driven
« on: September 13, 2012, 05:11:46 PM »
How does it look in yellow. Also, notice the extra vents in the hood vs the Blue car with white stripes. The yellow car is a base car with the Track Pack-brakes, wheels, tires (does this entail the extra hood vents?)
[/youtube]

Mclovin

• Getbig III
Re: 2013 SRT Viper Driven
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2012, 08:21:47 PM »
So do they not call it a Dodge anymore? Is it just the SRT Viper now?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2012, 08:26:28 PM »
i like the blue with stripes better.  shit, it's up almost 200 hp from my year.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2012, 08:27:58 PM »
So do they not call it a Dodge anymore? Is it just the SRT Viper now?

SRT is the premium brand of Dodge, with bigger engines, more body work, and premium features...

(Its still a Dodge)...

But there is a:

Dodge Charger SRT 8

Dodge Challenger SRT 8

Chrysler 300 SRT 8

Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2012, 08:31:17 PM »

But in regards to the Viper SRT

Mclovin

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2012, 08:32:15 PM »
SRT is the premium brand of Dodge, with bigger engines, more body work, and premium features...

(Its still a Dodge)...

But there is a:

Dodge Charger SRT 8

Dodge Challenger SRT 8

Chrysler 300 SRT 8

Dodge Grand Cherokee SRT

Actually, according to this article they did remove the Dodge name.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2013-srt-viper-gts-in-depth-with-the-men-who-made-it-happen-feature

Ruedisueli is Chrysler’s head of engineering for SRT and Motorsports, and he’s the vehicle line executive for the fifth-gen Dodge Viper. Except it’s not a Dodge anymore. It’s an SRT, because the Dodge name wasn’t deemed spiffy enough to be slapped on the rump of anything fetching  just north of $100,000 (for the base SRT Viper) and $120,000 (for the more upscale SRT Viper GTS, as shown here).

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 08:33:58 PM »
Actually, according to this article they did remove the Dodge name.

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/2013-srt-viper-gts-in-depth-with-the-men-who-made-it-happen-feature

Ruedisueli is Chrysler’s head of engineering for SRT and Motorsports, and he’s the vehicle line executive for the fifth-gen Dodge Viper. Except it’s not a Dodge anymore. It’s an SRT, because the Dodge name wasn’t deemed spiffy enough to be slapped on the rump of anything fetching  just north of $100,000 (for the base SRT Viper) and $120,000 (for the more upscale SRT Viper GTS, as shown here).

oh ok - good find!  I guess its the same thing they did with the Dodge Ram....  they just call them Ram Trucks now!

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 08:35:07 PM »
yup, hate to see this on the back of it. ;D

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 08:46:18 PM »
Super gay. Viper always sucked.

Google the v10 motors the car had & their problems.

For $100,000 why wouldn't anyone in their right mind buy a Corvette zr1?
It'll rape 99% of production super cars for a fraction of the price.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »
Super gay. Viper always sucked.

Google the v10 motors the car had & their problems.

For $100,000 why wouldn't anyone in their right mind buy a Corvette zr1?It'll rape 99% of production super cars for a fraction of the price.
For over 100k, you get a Corvette that looks like the base model, has the same interior, and smells like glue. The Viper has seats made by Sabelt, which is the same company that makes Ferrari's seats, optiona 18 speaker system, a NA V10 (The car is too narrow thru the frame rails to do a DOC engine), leather adn generally a better sexier package.

Viper is king, until the new ZR1 comes out
**BTW Viper has won it's class at Le Man's well before the C6 Corvette started winning the same calss, and Viper has also won the 24 hrs of Nurburgring, which Corvette has never done....so Vipers have not always sucked.

pluck

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 10:15:31 PM »
You're comparing super cars by their interiors?
Wow. Good job.

Who cares about le mans & nurburing? You rate & drool over vehicles that you see in magazines that you'll never drive or probably see in real life. Everything I comment on is first or second hand experience.

I'm talking real life applications. The v10 motors in the last generation vipers sucked & very problematic. Especially when compared to the bulletproof LS platform engines.

Don't get butthurt that you like the viper based on looks only.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 10:29:45 PM »
You're comparing super cars by their interiors?
Wow. Good job.

Who cares about le mans & nurburing? You rate & drool over vehicles that you see in magazines that you'll never drive or probably see in real life. Everything I comment on is first or second hand experience.

I'm talking real life applications. The v10 motors in the last generation vipers sucked & very problematic. Especially when compared to the bulletproof LS platform engines.

Don't get butthurt that you like the viper based on looks only.
Many of the owners of Vipers and Corvettes have complained about the interiors, and so have the testers. And in fact  the Corvette team for this yr step up it's interors.

Many people care about Le Mans and The Ring, especillay the manufacturers which is why they spend hundreds of millions of dollars on development cars and race cars. Check Audi's Le Man's winning cars, that have hybrid tech, or Nissan's Delta wing, or their LEAF electric race car. There is a ton of tech that is developed for these races, and Lexus used the 2r Hours of Nurburgring to develop the LFA.

You have no notion that I'll never see or drive these vehicles in my life. Right down the street from me a man owns a Ford GT and a Viper GTS, and if you go to cars and coffee events, you see these and Ferraris

The Viper's engines are based on  a truck engine, and chances are they have sorted out a lot of issues

I never said that I liked the Viper based on looks alone, you make the assumption...the viper looks good, and has character. Hopefully, it will have the goods in the ALMS to back it up.

As far as Corvette---if they really wanted to actually be serious about the Vette, they would turn Corvette into a brand, and they could get at least 4 diff models out of it. GS---base with a I6 or v6,
Sting Ray- small block V8 or TT V6, Z06-V8, ZR1--TTV8. all with distinct styling, and fit diff markets. The ZR1 would be the equivalent to the Enzo or other special non-series make from Ferrari.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 10:31:08 PM »
Those performance #'s seem very conservative - for example 11.7 second quarter mile only, at 640 hp?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »
Those performance #'s seem very conservative - for example 11.7 second quarter mile only, at 640 hp?

ya, only .2 seconds quicker than the 445 hp 2002 GTS model ???

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2012, 11:09:32 PM »
  Love that ride

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 01:30:33 AM »
No longer American pretty much Italian, looks more alfa than anything even if it is a throw back to the early days

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 06:42:02 AM »
How does it look in yellow. Also, notice the extra vents in the hood vs the Blue car with white stripes. The yellow car is a base car with the Track Pack-brakes, wheels, tires (does this entail the extra hood vents?)
[/youtube]

YES, the Viper is a Fucking World Class Super Car.........if anyone disagree, you're a fucking communist

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 06:49:18 AM »

I have always liked American approach on (sports) cars:

-build massive engine; the bigger the better - fuk greenpeace
-throw in pieces of crappy plastic to cover it

I'm huge fan of Corvette but Viper is seriously cool as well.
Used to play on repeat the part of Ronnie's Unbelievable where he starts his Viper in the garage - sound is magnificent  8)

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2012, 07:02:22 AM »

I have always liked American approach on (sports) cars:

-build massive engine; the bigger the better - fuk greenpeace
-throw in pieces of crappy plastic to cover it

I'm huge fan of Corvette but Viper is seriously cool as well.
Used to play on repeat the part of Ronnie's Unbelievable where he starts his Viper in the garage - sound is magnificent  8)

Agreed. the viper turns head more than any fucking corvettes......that's a fact......I was driving on the highway on a sunday afternoon and a red viper cruising by and people was slowing down to take a glimspe......the car is just sexy in everyway you look at it...

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2012, 12:08:29 PM »
Agreed. the viper turns head more than any fucking corvettes......that's a fact......I was driving on the highway on a sunday afternoon and a red viper cruising by and people was slowing down to take a glimspe......the car is just sexy in everyway you look at it...

Except for the purely base C6 Vette, the Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 IMO turn similar heads as Vipers.

I think the best looking viper to date is the 96-02 GTS actually, not the newer models.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2012, 12:16:45 PM »
Except for the purely base C6 Vette, the Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1 IMO turn similar heads as Vipers.

I think the best looking viper to date is the 96-02 GTS actually, not the newer models.
They all look the same. It takes someone who knows the diff to spot the difference, ie the GS' gills, lack of width, wheels, the Z06's air intake, side brake intakes, wider fenders, wheels, ZR1's wider fenders, wheels, the see thru supercharger cover. And let's not start with the Carbon Package, or the adding of ZR1 bits to the Z06---it's kinda like the Porsche 911 minus the Turbo look.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2012, 12:28:45 PM »

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »
They all look the same. It takes someone who knows the diff to spot the difference, ie the GS' gills, lack of width, wheels, the Z06's air intake, side brake intakes, wider fenders, wheels, ZR1's wider fenders, wheels, the see thru supercharger cover. And let's not start with the Carbon Package, or the adding of ZR1 bits to the Z06---it's kinda like the Porsche 911 minus the Turbo look.

I agree most of the differences are subtle.  However, the width and hood alone on the three higher end models do make quite a bit of difference (IMO) compared to the base model.  Hoping the C7 improves on their already great styling.

lvtolft

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2012, 12:34:16 PM »
Great looking car, but a horrible video.  Those of us that love these cars want to see burnouts and the hammering of the throttle.  The first one I ever drove was in Vegas when I rented one and the reverse gear wouldn't stay in, I had to hold it into place to go backwards, but it was just a fun car to drive.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2012, 12:42:31 PM »

Also, I believe the GS, Z06 and ZR1 all have the extra width and air intake.