Author Topic: is my CREATINE fine to use???  (Read 7673 times)

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
is my CREATINE fine to use???
« on: September 14, 2012, 01:49:56 AM »
guys ,
my friend has just bought  online met rx advanced creatine blast. and when the box was opened he found that some powder had become hard clumps .
 so he needs to know it the powder and the clumps are Ok to use?

and how can he air tight the powder so that  it doesnt get soft and clumsy .
thank u

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: is my CREATINE fine to use???
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2012, 03:30:34 AM »
stale junk

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2012, 10:05:50 AM »
guys ,
my friend has just bought  online met rx advanced creatine blast. and when the box was opened he found that some powder had become hard clumps .
 so he needs to know it the powder and the clumps are Ok to use?

and how can he air tight the powder so that  it doesnt get soft and clumsy .
thank u

Sounds like moisture somehow got in.  It's probably still fine, but I'm not sure.
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2012, 03:05:09 PM »

Sounds like moisture somehow got in.  It's probably still fine, but I'm not sure.

that creatine will self-destruct in 3 - 2 - 1....

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2012, 05:03:40 PM »
that creatine will self-destruct in 3 - 2 - 1....

Probably CEE.  I've heard that happens a lot.
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2012, 06:35:53 PM »
i've finally dropped creatine...

net effect? nothing... still strong like bull

of course i do eat a shitload of beef (at least 1lb per day)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 04:56:42 AM »
i've finally dropped creatine...

net effect? nothing... still strong like bull

of course i do eat a shitload of beef (at least 1lb per day)

So you really haven't dropped the creatine   ;)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 06:54:38 AM »
So you really haven't dropped the creatine   ;)

something like that, i also eat 100% organic, grass fed beef now so the values are probably higher for creatine as well.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »
Creatine (/ˈkriːətiːn/ or /ˈkriːətən/ or /ˈkriːətaɪn/[1][2]) is a nitrogenous organic acid that occurs naturally in vertebrates and helps to supply energy to all cells in the body, primarily muscle. This is achieved by increasing the formation of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). Creatine was identified in 1832 when Michel Eugène Chevreul discovered it as a component of skeletal muscle, which he later named after the Greek word for meat, κρέας (kreas). In solution, creatine is in equilibrium with creatinine.[3]

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 05:26:33 AM »
Sadly, Met-Rx is not the same company it was twenty years ago. Their quality has fluctuated from the moment Connelly & co. sold the original business they had birthed and nurtured to become one of the legitimately best quality companies in the industry.
Most recently, I understand that the brand has come into ownership of the parent company of Vitamin World.

Anyway, with the varying (sometimes poor) quality control, it may be possible that a bit of moisture got into the container during the packaging process. The container may not have been properly sealed, or there's a chance the seal may have been damaged during shipment - especially if the mailing box was damaged any.

It seems like a negligible amont of moisture, and I doubt there's anything "wrong" with the product. I routinely encounter clumping of certain powdered supplements during use. Just give the canister a shake to break it up. I wouldn't wait too long to use it, though; just my opinion. Typically, powders hold up to storage better than liquids.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2012, 05:39:27 AM »
I would even try contacting Met-Rx and/or the mail order company, informing them of the dilema. Oftentimes, such cases may result in receiving some kind of conciliatory offer in the form of a discount on your next purchase, etc.

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2012, 08:49:51 AM »
Sadly, Met-Rx is not the same company it was twenty years ago. Their quality has fluctuated from the moment Connelly & co. sold the original business they had birthed and nurtured to become one of the legitimately best quality companies in the industry.
Most recently, I understand that the brand has come into ownership of the parent company of Vitamin World.

Anyway, with the varying (sometimes poor) quality control, it may be possible that a bit of moisture got into the container during the packaging process. The container may not have been properly sealed, or there's a chance the seal may have been damaged during shipment - especially if the mailing box was damaged any.

It seems like a negligible amont of moisture, and I doubt there's anything "wrong" with the product. I routinely encounter clumping of certain powdered supplements during use. Just give the canister a shake to break it up. I wouldn't wait too long to use it, though; just my opinion. Typically, powders hold up to storage better than liquids.
now thats the answer i was looking and thinking of. thanks a million mate
 i contacted the company dealer in my area adn they said they will replace it :)

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2012, 09:01:29 AM »
now thats the answer i was looking and thinking of. thanks a million mate
 i contacted the company dealer in my area adn they said they will replace it :)

Good!
If you can keep the original batch, I'd continue to use that, too. There is so much competition among companies these day, none want word of problems to get around. And, with all of the cyber-avenues that exist, negative feedback can spread like wildfire.

triple_h

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2012, 11:59:18 AM »
lets see what happen whehn i send the box back .

i wud give them a chance
 shit happens everywhere but as long as they are correcting the error .its fine!

dread_the_shred

• Getbig I
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2012, 07:35:06 AM »
I find creatine to make me exceptionally thirsty.  Don't have any scientific data on that though, anyone else get this?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 07:41:02 AM »
I find creatine to make me exceptionally thirsty.  Don't have any scientific data on that though, anyone else get this?

It is thought that, since creatine uses more of the water we consume to shuttle it to inside muscle cells, that we need to drink more to compensate. There's probably more/newer research on it, but I haven't kept up on it much.

Regardless, thirst is the last indicator of dehydration. So, the bottom line is if you're thirsty - regardless of the reason - it's a good idea to drink some water STAT.