Author Topic: Good Cleanse  (Read 3238 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Good Cleanse
« on: November 20, 2005, 06:36:22 PM »
Hey all,
Does anyone know of a good (i.e. effective) cleanse prgram out there?  I am looking for a complete system that takes care of the liver as well as the intestinal track.  Let me know of any good products and personal experiences.  I don't want to go out and spend $30 on something that doesn't work.  Thanks. ???

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
Re: Good Cleanse
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2005, 07:32:24 PM »
The best and fastest cleanse you can possibly do is a fast.  I know several people who do these several times per year for a week or so at a time  I have heard of others that do them for over a month, but you probably aren't ready for that.  If you don't want to do that and you would rather eat somewhat normally and still cleanse, then eat 100% organic, 100% raw for the next few days.  This is what I do all the time and I immediately detox when I eat cooked.  Within an hour of eating cooked, I am sneezing like crazy and coughing up mucous and what not.  If you don't have a lot of fruit and veggies in your diet right now, including a lot more all of the sudden for the cleanse will most likely give you a little gas because of all the extra fiber, so be ready for that-do yourself a favor and try mono eating as well-mixing foods is a major cause of gas, especially mixing fruits.  You'll know if you are doing things correctly if you start sneezing, coughing etc....getting cold symptoms, all of which are ways your body eliminates un-useable junk from its system. 

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 06:56:17 AM »
I am a big advocate of juice fasting. If you snoop around the web you can find some good detoxifying juice recipes....

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 08:26:17 AM »
yup...just make sure the juice isn't pasteurized(kind of takes away from the detox part).  And it would be great if it were organic too!

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 09:15:57 AM »
that sounds disgusting.  but the results sound, for lack of a better word, HEAVENLY. 
:-)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 09:19:59 AM »
what sounds disgusting?...juice?  man, you must have a weak stomach.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 10:56:23 AM »
is all this "cleansing" stuff oral?
bodybuildersreality.com

Bear03

• Getbig IV
  • back in the swing of things
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 12:22:46 PM »
what sounds disgusting?...juice?  man, you must have a weak stomach.

the prospect of gas....i guess i sort of do have a weak stomach.  The juice sounds good, i mean i like fruit ok.  But i'm a southerner, i can't STAND vegetables unless they're cooked.  The only vegetables i'll eat raw are celery and carrots. 
:-)

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 12:25:29 PM »
sugar free frozen yogurt usually cleans me out fast. ;D
W

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2005, 02:47:22 PM »
Thanks for the input.  I found a cleanse online that seems interesting.  It has pill and also a tea.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2005, 05:11:43 PM »
sugar free frozen yogurt usually cleans me out fast. ;D

Sugar-free anything will clean someone out fast. I guess it's the sugar-alcahols in these products. I get the nosugar-added Oreos, and the next day I will have really bad gas and sometimes the runs.

JamieX4200

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 06:25:13 PM »
Can one of you guys explain this cleansing stuff?  What exactly does it do for you.
grundle has no sack,

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 05:29:50 AM »
Here are my thoughts, keep in mind they are coming from a raw foodist, so they are going to be swayed in that direction.  Much of the food people eat on a regular basis does not digest fully and continues to reisde in their colons and intestines long after it was eaten(think colonics and how many people are finding years old junk).  In addition to that, the by-products of cooked food, burning being a chemical change(nearly all food heated above 120 is considered burning), are also left to wreak havoc on not only the digestive system but the entire body.  Basically, the average human being is being bombarded at almost all times from many angles with toxic material-pollution, awful food, radiation...etc.  The body, no matter how healthy you are, is in a constant state of detoxification-this is one of it's many functions-getting rid of junk it doesn't need, whether through sneezing, coughing, sweating(this is a big one, people are sweating buckets these days) going to the bathroom, or any number of other things.  Sadly, more is always coming in than is going out.  All that needs to be done is the reverse of that statement.   More needs to go out than come in.  Cleansing is just a way of giving the body some time to clean house.  I don't ascribe to any cleansing products, rather I eat food that has not been altered and I do not mix food all that much so I don't have any digestive reactions-which also leave undigested food to rot inside of you.  Interestingly, when I am 100% raw, which I haven't been lately-I've been around 90%, I never have to wear deodorant because I never smell, and almost never sweat.     

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2005, 11:10:16 AM »
Can one of you guys explain this cleansing stuff?  What exactly does it do for you.

I had to do a cleanse when I saw blood in my stool.  Luckily it was roids from deadlifting, but the cleansing part while tough, makes your insides so clean your farts don't even stink till you start digesting food again.  Fast for 24 hours, just clear liquids like ginger ale.  After 5 or 6 hours you become immune to hunger.   2 fleet enemas, gross, but what you gonna do?  When it was over I honestly have never felt so clean inside.  I would recommend it every few years.  The last ones out before you're clean are almost clear and stinkless.  I shit kid you not.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2005, 11:02:36 PM »
        Sugar-free anything will clean someone out fast. I guess it's the sugar-alcahols in these products. I get the nosugar-added Oreos, and the next day I will have really bad gas and sometimes the runs.

Personally, I would opt for the juice fast. Some people have even been known to get high off it. There are a lot of products out there for cleansing, some are better than others, ...but my philosophy is why pay for a supp to do the same job that you can get from good nutritious food?

As for those sugar alcohols, ...I'd watch those if i were you.  They go straight into the fat cell.
A recent study commissioned by Hershey Foods, the largest study of it's kind, showed that sugar alcohols will shunt everything into the fat cells. It was one heckuva shock for everyone concerned, ...especially for Hershey, because my understanding is they were hoping to introduce a line of chocolate containing no sugar and no fat. Unfortunately for them, their own study reveavled the sugar alcohols were shunting everything into the fat cells.
w