Author Topic: Long Island Medium  (Read 9490 times)

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
Long Island Medium
« on: September 16, 2012, 07:38:01 PM »
Yup.since laying around healing from shoulder surgery I been watching a lot of tv.
Anyone seen this dumb bitch?  Wut a crock of shit she is. asks dumbass obvious questions and makes people finish her sentences.

Ex
Asks a a bunch of grey hairs in a restaurant...did someone's mother pass away? (pure genius this one!)

I sense your soul is hurting since she departed....just know this is her way of telling you that she is still with you...

Meanwhile her marks r balling like babies.

Im gonna continue to watch n hone her technique. It looks pretty ez.  I may do some moonlighting as a spiritual reader too. Sure would help my wallet about now.

Dokey111

• Getbig V
Re: Long Island Medium
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »
never post here again

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:46:08 PM »
Ok

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 07:47:10 PM »
If it's on TV, it's most likely a lie.
a

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 07:48:28 PM »
I'm amazed that hacks like this still find work - especially on TV.
John Edward was the worst.

I can't believe that anybody is gullible enough to buy into the bullshit of psychics and mediums in this day and age.
Houdini exposed mediums as frauds as far back as the early 20's.

James Randi still has an unanswered challenge: currently, the prize is up to one-million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal activity under his guidelines. He exposed Uri Gellar on Carson in the 70's, and has repeatedly called out Sylvia Brown, who used to pimp her books on daytime TV.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2012, 07:53:14 PM »
never post here again
Btw, spirit told me u were gonna say that

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2012, 07:58:09 PM »

I can't believe that anybody is gullible enough to buy into the bullshit of psychics and mediums in this day and age.

James Randi still has an unanswered challenge: currently, the prize is up to one-million dollars to anyone who can demonstrate paranormal activity under his guidelines. He exposed Uri Gellar on Carson in the 70's, and has repeatedly called out Sylvia Brown, who used to pimp her books on daytime TV.

Exactly. Most of these marks are in real emotional pain and u see them begin to cry at a drop of a hat as soon as the bitch starts her routine.  Their tears r her cue to attack like a dam pittbull. There's nothing real to it except taking advantage of people desperately searching for some kind of closure with dealing with lost loved ones.

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2012, 08:25:34 PM »
Call Miss Cleo, she has the answers you seek.
time under tension

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 12:37:24 AM »
Yup.since laying around healing from shoulder surgery I been watching a lot of tv.
Anyone seen this dumb bitch?  Wut a crock of shit she is. asks dumbass obvious questions and makes people finish her sentences.

Ex
Asks a a bunch of grey hairs in a restaurant...did someone's mother pass away? (pure genius this one!)

I sense your soul is hurting since she departed....just know this is her way of telling you that she is still with you...

Meanwhile her marks r balling like babies.

Im gonna continue to watch n hone her technique. It looks pretty ez.  I may do some moonlighting as a spiritual reader too. Sure would help my wallet about now.

C'mon silk daytime tv and no Maury or dog the bounty hunter :D

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 05:11:20 AM »
C'mon silk daytime tv and no Maury or dog the bounty hunter :D
Haha. Don't even get me started!  Still in a lot of pain with shoulder so I'm on the couch a lot. Springer, Maury, Dog, Honey Boo Boo, all the murder n serial killer documentaries ever made on ID, n sorry man, even old Brady bunch reruns. The majority of it is mindless dribble geared toward making me laugh at how dumb it is so I can forget my discomfort n lack of sleep.

Which gets me thinking. How many tuff guys out there in the gym or general public, u know the ones that look like badases, not saying I do but I do but I'm no puss either, r really just regular  fuck ups?
I remember an article years ago written by Rick Wayne titled those scared little boys in their gorilla suits talking about how Bb appear huge n strong on the outside n r just little boys prolly more insecure than most on the inside.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 05:31:50 AM »

QFT!!!!

Bitch is a scam artist

galain

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 05:43:03 AM »
(closes eyes and holds hand out...)

"You have a connection with someone called.......John....... .or Jamessssss.....JoanJoanJ oanJoooaaaannnnn.......J ennnnyy....somewhere around the letter J I'm feeling this energy, this connection........could be a K, or perhaps an L.......

(victim) - "Molly?"

"MOLLY! YES! MOLLY! Molly is trying to come through for you"

(victim, beginning to hyperventilate) "Ohmygod - Molly was my mothers neighbours aunt! That's amazing...."

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 05:44:29 AM »
QFT!!!!

Bitch is a scam artist
BMC. Did u train at Venice back in the day?  I trained at Venice and San jose. Back then there was a psychic Sylvia brown. Really famous on that circuit. Authored books n had her own tv show. Her son was a bb back in the day. When he got old enuff and had to start making a living he suddenly attained the power to talk to the dead. He became quite famous too. Ill have to google him. But grieving peeps will just throw money at these con artists.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 06:10:47 AM »
All that cold reading bs. If they are making money off of it, then it's fake...

You want to contact a love one, go to a grave yard with a recorder and ask question...get that white noise...

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 06:24:41 AM »
All that cold reading bs. If they are making money off of it, then it's fake...

You want to contact a love one, go to a grave yard with a recorder and ask question...get that white noise...

I had a couple of buddies who did a good bit of cold reading as part of their mentalism acts. Mentalists are like magicians, but the focus is more on acts of mind-reading and oftentimes clairvoyance, telekinesis, etc. It's all purely theatrical. Some people are very good at it, and can be quite convincing to the uninformed.

The people I knew doing it were strictly entertainers. None of their bits involved "communicating with deceased loved ones," and they NEVER misrepresented themselves as mediums.
Even so, I still can't fathom anyone in this day and age believing in ghosts and people who can talk with them.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2012, 08:10:58 AM »
my wife argues with me that even if its fake who r they hurting if the make people feel better?
heres who.people maxing out cc for readings

http://stopsylvia.com/articles/email_myreadingwithsylviassonchris.shtml

Here, with the author's permission, is that email, with my occasional comments inserted. All emphasis mine.

And, as usual, this email is simply one person's account of their experience.

Subject: My reading with Sylvia's son Chris
Date: Thu, Jan 03, 2008 9:48 pm
To: [email address]

Hello Mr. Lancaster,

I stumbled on your web site quite some time ago and have been reading the articles every now and then. I just read the article from the former minister and felt I needed to share my story.

A few years ago, I was at a low point in my life when I decided to purchase one of Sylvia's books - The Book of Angels. I'm not a reader, but I finished this book in record time. I was hooked. I knew that she did personal readings but really didn't give it a thought because of the cost - $700 for just 20-30 minutes! This was out of the question since finances were one of the issues I was struggling with. Over time, I purchased probably 8-10 of her books, of which I'm considering selling on e-bay.

A couple years later I was feeling lost and I really wanted some answers and thought that a reading from Sylvia would help me. I decided that I would apply for a credit card just to be able to purchase a reading. Because of the waiting list for Sylvia (2+ years) I settled for a reading with her son, Chris, for $450. After all, her web site claimed he was just as good as she was. I called in July of 2006 and was told there was a four month waiting list. I was asked to give my credit card and was told it would be charged for the full amount, but I wouldn't be contacted for my reading until October. I agreed, and waited patiently.

I have been told a number of times that when a credit card is used to pay for a phone reading, Browne's people charge the card far in advance of the actual reading.

One possible reason for this: some credit cards have a dispute/refund policy which states that a charge must be disputed within a certain number of days (typically thirty days) from the date the amount is charged to the card, not the date the goods or service is received. So, if the actual reading does not occur until after that "grace period" is over (as appears to be the case here), the customer obviously cannot dispute the charge with the credit card company, putting them at the mercy of the merchant should there be a dispute or a request for a refund.

And, as has been shown in the article Email: A Request For a Refund, the refund procedure at Sylvia Browne Corporation is lengthy and involved, apparently in an effort to discourage dissatisfied customers from pursuing refunds.

Back to the email:

October 2006 finally came and I received a call from Sylvia's office to set up a day and time for my reading with Chris. I was given some time frames to choose from - 7am-9am, 9am-11am etc. It couldn't be an exact time because it would depend on whether or not he was able to reach the person before me. I picked a time and was told to wait by my phone for his call. I took the day off of work to have this reading since he's only available during the week. When the day came I waited, and waited, and waited. I started getting mad thinking I paid $450 and no one was going to call. Finally, 5 minutes before the end of my two hour window the phone rang. It was a woman from Sylvia's office. She explained that I'd have to reschedule my reading as Chris had an emergency at home, something about a water leak. Needless to say I was very dissapointed, having taken the whole day off of work and waiting by the phone. I rescheduled anyway since they already had my $450. I would wait two weeks. As my day was once again approaching, I came home to find a message on my machine that Chris would not be available to do my reading on the scheduled day and would, once again, need to reschedule. Third time is a charm. The day was finally here. I will now describe how my reading went and what Chris told me.

Most if not all of the emails I receive about phone readings with Christopher Dufresne, as well as many of those I receive regarding readings with Sylvia Browne, mention the reading being rescheduled multiple times before it finally occurs.

In the case of readings paid for by credit card, this makes even more certain that any dispute "grace period" has long since expired.

The email continues:

First of all, we could barely hear each other, so the first few minutes of my reading was of us trying just to hear each other. He then asked me if I wanted to ask specific questions, or if I wanted him to just tell me what he saw. Even though I had carefully written down questions I wanted to ask I was already skeptical just from the way he was talking. He kept calling me "dear". Kind of creepy. Anyway, I asked him to just tell me what he saw. I didn't want to lead him in any way.

He first started with my health. He said to have my thyroid checked, that there was something going on there. Next, he said I needed to go to the dentist because I was going to have a problem with a tooth. He then said I was having problems with my bowels and that I might be lactose intolerant and I should stay away from dairy.

1. I've since had my thyroid checked. Completely normal.

2. I've been to the dentist several times since the reading. The hygienist said I have the most perfect teeth and wanted to use me as an example to show other patients how to brush!

3. I am not lactose intolerant.

All three of these warnings - thyroid, tooth problems and lactose intolerance - are evidently favorites of both Dufresne and Browne, and are frequently mentioned during phone readings.

Is this because these conditions are common? Or is it because Browne and Dufresne have a limited repertoire of predictions from which they piece together their medical "readings?" The fact that all three of these were evidently incorrect in this woman's case (and in many others who have written to me about their readings) leads me to believe that it is the latter.

Next he said that someone was going to call me in the next 90 minutes. My phone never rang.

I then asked about meeting someone and having a relationship. I need to say here that I called in to Sylvia's radio show four months earlier, July of 2006, and actually got through. I simply asked her if I would re-marry and when would I meet him and what his name is. She told me March of 2007 I would meet a man named Larry and marry him. I've never met a Larry. So, I asked Chris what he saw. A man with auburn hair, hazel eyes, in construction, named Steve. I would't meet him for two years. Since it hasn't been two years yet, we'll see. But when I told him what his mother said, he just said he didn't know what his mother was seeing and that they don't always see the same thing. What?? How could they not see the same thing? I also need to say here that when March 2007 came and went and I met no Larry, I was able to miraculously get through again to Sylvia on her radio show. I wanted to ask her the same question and see what her response was. This time she told me I would meet Dan in December 2007. A man with a runners build. It's January 2008 and I met no Dan. So far there is Larry, Steve and Dan. Which one is it??

I have been told that, for some time now, Browne's policy is to only allow one "official" ($750) phone reading per customer, per lifetime. Calls to her radio show apparently fall outside of this limitation.

While the official reason for this policy is to allow more people to "have a turn," I have been told by ex-ministers that the policy was put into place after many people complained that Browne's readings for them would change with each reading: they would be told different names for their "spirit guides," given different numbers of past lives they had supposedly had, different names for their future spouse, etc.

Back to the email:

I asked some other questions like if my sister was ever going to have a baby. He said in 4 to 5 years she would have a boy. My sister is 38 and has never really had a desire to be a mom and because of some health issues she and her husband have decided not to have a child. So, unless it happens by accident, it's not happening.

The last thing I asked was about my biological father. I haven't spoken to him since 2004. His health wasn't great so I wanted to know if he was still alive. This was the real shocker. He started telling me that the person that I knew as my father may not be my biological father. When I asked him what he meant he referred to the whole "mom and the milk man" story. I was stunned. He actually told me I should talk to my mom about it. Ask my mom if she slept with the milk man and if he's my real father? I said you've got to be kidding! I told him that I look just like my dad! He then started mumbling something about how we could all have similar features and look like people were not realted to. Can you believe that!!

That was the end of my reading. He said that my time was up and "God Bless You Dear." I was so completely disappointed. I was angry that I had just wasted $450. That was all I could think about. Not one thing he said was or is true. He couldn't even come up with the same thing as his mother. And she couldn't answer one questions the same when asked twice. I received the tape of my reading in the mail. I could barely listen to it as I felt so stupid.

I thought of calling to get a refund, but I had done this myself. I felt that losing $450 was my own punishment for being so naive. I lost a days work, $450, and got absolutely nothing.

Mr. Lancaster, I give you my permission to use my story on your sight. I hope people will read it and think twice before getting a reading from Sylvia or her son.

Happy New Year

Regards,

[initials]

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2012, 08:27:13 AM »

I had a couple of buddies who did a good bit of cold reading as part of their mentalism acts. Mentalists are like magicians, but the focus is more on acts of mind-reading and oftentimes clairvoyance, telekinesis, etc. It's all purely theatrical. Some people are very good at it, and can be quite convincing to the uninformed.

The people I knew doing it were strictly entertainers. None of their bits involved "communicating with deceased loved ones," and they NEVER misrepresented themselves as mediums.
Even so, I still can't fathom anyone in this day and age believing in ghosts and people who can talk with them.
Where I used to live, there is this house that had a brutal multiple murder in it. People would buy the house and then sell it. It had multiple owners, people would get out real quick. Said strange shit would go on in it. I forgot where it is. But, anybody who has told me that they don't believe in spirits (TA included) I tell them, go find a house that had a brutal murder/suicide/rape-murder, death,  and crazy happenings going on. And spend the night. And yell out loud, "I don't believe that you exist!" multiple times, and work it up...And see what happens.

Nobody who doesn't believe will do this, just on that off chance that they are wrong.
A female friend of mine in HS, went to some beach-house one time. She sat on the bed, and when she did, an imprint right next to her began to form. When she got up, the imprint disappeared. She sat back down, and then she felt an impression on her leg.
 She was so freaked out, that she refused to go back in that room.

In that very bed was where an old man had died. Guess he was happy for some female company.

Yeah, I believe that the mentalist stuff is really about knowing the people---people especially women, unconsciously wear their favorite colors when they go out. And even that may clue in to certain attributes. You can also glean a lot from who that person is with or dating by looking at their mannerisms or body language.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2012, 08:32:18 AM »
Where I used to live, there is this house that had a brutal multiple murder in it. People would buy the house and then sell it. It had multiple owners, people would get out real quick. Said strange shit would go on in it. I forgot where it is. But, anybody who has told me that they don't believe in spirits (TA included) I tell them, go find a house that had a brutal murder/suicide/rape-murder, death,  and crazy happenings going on. And spend the night. And yell out loud, "I don't believe that you exist!" multiple times, and work it up...And see what happens.

Nobody who doesn't believe will do this, just on that off chance that they are wrong.
A female friend of mine in HS, went to some beach-house one time. She sat on the bed, and when she did, an imprint right next to her began to form. When she got up, the imprint disappeared. She sat back down, and then she felt an impression on her leg.

In that very bed was where an old man had died. Guess he was happy for some female company.

Yeah, I believe that the mentalist stuff is really about knowing the people---people especially women, unconsciously wear their favorite colors when they go out. And even that may clue in to certain attributes. You can also glean a lot from who that person is with or dating by looking at their mannerisms or body language.

a guy hanged himself in the house i bought  true story

...i'm really hung..true story

coincidence?

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2012, 08:37:34 AM »

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2012, 10:28:27 AM »
Where I used to live, there is this house that had a brutal multiple murder in it. People would buy the house and then sell it. It had multiple owners, people would get out real quick. Said strange shit would go on in it. I forgot where it is. But, anybody who has told me that they don't believe in spirits (TA included) I tell them, go find a house that had a brutal murder/suicide/rape-murder, death,  and crazy happenings going on. And spend the night. And yell out loud, "I don't believe that you exist!" multiple times, and work it up...And see what happens.

There are, indeed, places that give off a spooky vibe. But, I think it's a little unfair to tell someone ahead of time that they are entering a house that is believed to be haunted. It influences their reasoning in a way that may increase the likelihood of them attributing various phenomenon to paranormal causes when the actual cause is not readily identifiable.

It's a form of bias and persuasion; even in the case of skeptics and non-believers. Rather than sending them in while telling them the goal is to convince them of supernatural activity, don't say anything and just let them form their own opinions without knowledge of the background on the place or your agenda.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 07:04:36 PM »
Man. I gotta bump again. This lady is a loud mouth con. My wife was watching it dvr'd from last nigh I think. Fuck is this lady a sham!

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »
She always ends her readings with some bullshit like and your father wants u to know do not feel guilty for not being there wen he died. Please know that he is very proud of u.

JUST ONCE I want her to end with..and please know that your mom is still pissed at u for forgetting her heart meds and she'll be seeing u soon

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 07:10:52 PM »
#

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 07:59:12 PM »
  IWHI