Author Topic: ..........  (Read 843 times)

anabolichalo

• Getbig V
  • my love for ronnie will never die
« on: September 17, 2012, 02:08:00 PM »

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
Re: do you still believe you are going to "make it"?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:08:12 PM »
That is not the goal of life. Anyone who chases such a goal in life will learn very soon that their efforts will be in vain.

Chasing this life is like trying to catch all the water of the ocean with your bare hands. You'll just get wet and a temporary miserly gain that will vanish from you.

We should all strive to survive, not step over people in what we acquire, and 'power' is a responsibility not something to run to but run away from.

In the end any tyrant of this world will meet death and none of their amassed wealth will come with them.

All the money we make is already destined for someone else. It will never be yours. That which you earn you will spend.

What I can say as a Muslim is that we should strive for good, and doing good deeds and being aware that we will meet our lord.

This life is just a game... but it is something foolish to surrender to and it certainly is not something that brings peace or happiness. If you just take a look at any of these so called 'famous people' they generally have pretty messed up lives even though they seem to appear to have 'everything'

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 430:
Narrated Anas bin Malik:

Allah's Apostle said, "The son of Adam (i.e. man) grows old and so also two (desires) grow old with him, i.e., love for wealth and (a wish for) a long life."

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 446:
Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd:

I heard Ibn Az-Zubair who was on the pulpit at Mecca, delivering a sermon, saying, "O men! The Prophet used to say, "If the son of Adam were given a valley full of gold, he would love to have a second one; and if he were given the second one, he would love to have a third, for nothing fills the belly of Adam's son except dust. And Allah forgives he who repents to Him." Ubai said, "We considered this as a saying from the Qur'an till the Sura (beginning with) 'The mutual rivalry for piling up of worldly things diverts you..' (102.1) was revealed."

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
I've lived in Africa. People are a lot happier with a lot less than people who appear to have everything in the west.

Here people are only happy if they have the latest iphone or if they get more likes and vivews on their facebook photo.

This is artificial and exploitation of human desires that leads to no where.

Survival doesn't have to be starvation, survival can mean just having enough and having contentment. Western society breeds and preys on human desires yet it is not actually giving fulfilment to most.

If you get the latest car, will you be satisfied when you are told there is a better one. If you get the latest phone, then you will want another newer phone when it comes out. It's a never ending chase that leads no where except to disappointment. Look at even fashions, never ending 'new' fashions. What was cool yesterday suddenly is uncool, then ten years later what was fashion 20 years ago suddenly is fashion again. Never ending.

There's nothing wrong with progress, achieving, earning or buying something, owning something, but resorting to making it your life in goal to chase life is doomed to failure.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 12:53:14 PM »
how come africans are the most greedy most materialistic sons of bitches in the world then

also very vain

they spend more than they can afford on iphones, fancy clothes and cars

Clearly you haven't lived in Africa then :-/ Maybe the ones that run to here then they live the very life style that this society endorses.

The very system here that's driven by debt and credit. Greed in it's purest form. Ungratefulness in it's fullest form. Constantly bombarded with wants rather than needs.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 12:56:35 PM »
well i mostly talk about the ones that live here but even those that live here since only a short while....

i went to africa for a month and looked around

a lot of the same preoccupation with external frivolities like iphones and fancy clothes and grooming

for the record i am talking about west african blacks

I've lived in north africa and my wife is from east africa. I guess I can't speak for the whole. But alot of this phenomena is as an export from the west. The notion and obsession of having the latest best thing is straght from the culture here.

You even quote 50 cents, it's in the movies, it's in the magazines, it's in the music. The whole system is driven by it.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 04:48:29 PM »
Well you state a funny reality indeed. This society has created false 'famous' people and 'idols' who are to be emulated as they are deemed as 'successful' just because they have alot. So the ignorant masses try to achieve the same when they can't.

That's why everyone in north america is in debt, not just the country lol. Delusional life style.