Author Topic: Thurston Howell Romney  (Read 6848 times)

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Thurston Howell Romney
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 10:09:38 AM »
He said 47% don't pay FEDERAL INCOME TAXES...correct.   Look, this is pretty simple.  If we don't reign in the growth of governemnt and entitlement programs, the economic crisis of 2008 is going to seen as the good old days.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 10:23:28 AM »
He said 47% don't pay FEDERAL INCOME TAXES...correct.   Look, this is pretty simple.  If we don't reign in the growth of governemnt and entitlement programs, the economic crisis of 2008 is going to seen as the good old days.....

He said this 47% was the same 47% that support obama - This is incorrect, as many of them are military or elderly retired.

“There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it,”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81312.html#ixzz26qKeJxU3

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 10:25:58 AM »

Heywood

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 10:32:11 AM »
There are millions of taxpayers who are also voting for Obama.

Romney has a lot of elderly who don't pay income tax who are voting for him.

The comments were not meant for the public.

Jimmy Carter's grandson came up with this tape, but Hezbollah has taken credit for it...... ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 10:33:54 AM »
There are millions of taxpayers who are also voting for Obama.

Romney has a lot of elderly who don't pay income tax who are voting for him.

You are correct.    Romney incorrectly merged the non-tax payers with the obama voters.  They aren't the same.  Some are, some are not.

He's right that 47% of americans aren't paying taxes - but many of them are going to vote for him.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 10:34:30 AM »
Again, he was correct in his statements..

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2012/09/18/the-data-behind-romneys-47-comments/

ITtmay be true, but its still political suicide. Does he think statements like this will get him elected? It wont. He should have just kept his mouth closed, got into office, then tried to make changes. If he doesnt become president, then he really is in little position to implement these changes.
X

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2012, 10:40:05 AM »
ITtmay be true, but its still political suicide. Does he think statements like this will get him elected? It wont. He should have just kept his mouth closed, got into office, then tried to make changes. If he doesnt become president, then he really is in little position to implement these changes.

You mean like the changes obama guaranteed during his campaign speaches four years ago?

A lie doesn't become the truth just because Nancy Pelosi continues to repeat it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2012, 10:47:23 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/gallup-tracking-poll-obama-vs-romney-2012-9

All tied up again. 

POTUS Food stamp is going down. 

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2012, 11:02:43 AM »
http://www.businessinsider.com/gallup-tracking-poll-obama-vs-romney-2012-9

All tied up again. 

POTUS Food stamp is going down. 
::) If you think this race is currently even, you are delusional (obviously in your case) and will be butthurt to the point of suicidal come election day.  ;)

What time did you get into work today, PEA BRAIN?  ::)

96,000 posts...posting ALL DAY EVERY DAY and never leaving his apartment
GET A JOB!!!   >:(

Romney didn't earn anything.   He waged a dishonest campaign and outspent everyone 20 to  1
Romney is the foil.      Anyone not seeing that is delusional.   Romney s a piece of shit.   
Because they know Romney is a time bomb waiting to blow that will give Obama a second term on a platter.

I fucking hate romney.

Romney's campaign is a complete mess.

!

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2012, 11:05:27 AM »
You mean like the changes obama guaranteed during his campaign speaches four years ago?

A lie doesn't become the truth just because Nancy Pelosi continues to repeat it.

Exactly, you just made my point. You have to lie to get elected lol. Romney may be telling the truth, but its no way to get elected. He would be better off just not saying anything, get elected, then say anything he wants. Why shoot yourself in the foot even before youre elected? Not a smart political move. Honest? Yes. Smart in terms of playing the political "game"? No. THAT's the point I was trying to make.
X

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2012, 11:10:35 AM »
::) If you think this race is currently even, you are delusional (obviously in your case) and will be butthurt to the point of suicidal come election day.  ;)

What time did you get into work today, PEA BRAIN?  ::)

96,000 posts...posting ALL DAY EVERY DAY and never leaving his apartment
GET A JOB!!!   >:(

what a teamster, he is on the bandwagon now folks, his team is in play.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2012, 12:54:11 PM »
... But Republicans, too, were quick to criticize Mr. Romney as many continued to express concern that Mr. Romney, a former Massachusetts governor, was letting the opportunity to defeat Mr. Obama slip away.

Some Republican candidates sought to distance themselves from Mr. Romney’s comments. In Connecticut, Linda E. McMahon, the Republican candidate for the Senate, denounced Mr. Romney’s videotaped remarks, saying she is “sympathetic” to the economic struggles of American families.

“I disagree with Governor Romney’s insinuation that 47 percent of Americans believe they are victims who must depend on the government for their care,” Ms. McMahon said in a statement posted on her campaign Web site. “I know that the vast majority of those who rely on government are not in that situation because they want to be.”

William Kristol, the editor of the Weekly Standard, a conservative magazine, said he still hoped Mr. Romney would win in November, but called Mr. Romney’s comments during the fund-raiser “arrogant and stupid.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/19/us/politics/in-leaked-video-romney-says-middle-east-peace-process-likely-to-remain-unsolved-problem.html?_r=1&hp

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »
 :D

Mr Howell in jail
!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2012, 01:09:46 PM »

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 01:17:33 PM »

When will you GET A JOB???

We all know that you are a bitter, racist shut-in with NO friends. Posting on getbig and collecting disability for your mental problems does not contribute to society PEA BRAIN, and in fact, you fit the kind of person Willard is talking about.

So typical of the majority of getbiggers who are unemployed, or living paycheck-to-paycheck, are not college graduates, yet somehow think they identify with the repube party because they are white men. lol Oh, brother.  ::)
!

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »
Hmmm...What party do the majority of these MOOCHING red states always vote for?  :P

SCOTT BROWN SHUNS ROMNEY’S ’47 PERCENT’ COMMENTS
Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) is dissociating himself from Mitt Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” who he says “believe that they are victims.” In a statement to The Hill, Brown said, “That’s not the way I view the world.” Brown is following the lead of another Republican vying for the Senate in a heavily Democratic area, Linda McMahon.

Toxic: GOP Senate Candidate Speaks Out Against Romney’s ’47 Percent’ Comments
Linda McMahon, the pro-wrestler-turned-Connecticut-senate-candidate whose race has been neck-and-neck for months, distanced herself from Mitt Romney on Tuesday, one day after his assertion that, “There are 47 percent of the people… who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims… my job is is not to worry about those people.” She is the first major Republican candidate to do so.

In a statement from her campaign, McMahon offered a strong indictment of Romney’s sentiment, saying that she disagrees with his “insinuation,”and pointing out that — presumably unlike Mitt Romney — her family has struggled in life:

I disagree with Governor Romney’s insinuation that 47% of Americans believe they are victims who must depend on the government for their care. I know that the vast majority of those who rely on government are not in that situation because they want to be. People today are struggling because the government has failed to keep America competitive, failed to support job creators, and failed to get our economy back on track.

I am sympathetic to the struggles that millions of Americans are going through because I’ve been there.As a young couple Vince and I lost our home and our car. With two small children it was not an easy time for my family.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2012, 08:21:23 PM »
Yes, but dont republicans also want to cut out pensions? People work 30+ years in a job to get their pensions. Just like military personnel earned free services from the VA, people earn pensions from their jobs.

Romney's got the vets vote LOCKED. They are hardly in this category that Romney described.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2012, 08:25:50 PM »
Hmmm...What party do the majority of these MOOCHING red states always vote for?  :P

SCOTT BROWN SHUNS ROMNEY’S ’47 PERCENT’ COMMENTS
Sen. Scott Brown (R-MA) is dissociating himself from Mitt Romney’s comments about the “47 percent” who he says “believe that they are victims.” In a statement to The Hill, Brown said, “That’s not the way I view the world.” Brown is following the lead of another Republican vying for the Senate in a heavily Democratic area, Linda McMahon.

Toxic: GOP Senate Candidate Speaks Out Against Romney’s ’47 Percent’ Comments
Linda McMahon, the pro-wrestler-turned-Connecticut-senate-candidate whose race has been neck-and-neck for months, distanced herself from Mitt Romney on Tuesday, one day after his assertion that, “There are 47 percent of the people… who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims… my job is is not to worry about those people.” She is the first major Republican candidate to do so.

In a statement from her campaign, McMahon offered a strong indictment of Romney’s sentiment, saying that she disagrees with his “insinuation,”and pointing out that — presumably unlike Mitt Romney — her family has struggled in life:

I disagree with Governor Romney’s insinuation that 47% of Americans believe they are victims who must depend on the government for their care. I know that the vast majority of those who rely on government are not in that situation because they want to be. People today are struggling because the government has failed to keep America competitive, failed to support job creators, and failed to get our economy back on track.

I am sympathetic to the struggles that millions of Americans are going through because I’ve been there.As a young couple Vince and I lost our home and our car. With two small children it was not an easy time for my family.

And what makes you think the alleged mooching is done by those who vote Republican? Some of those red states have large black and Latino populations, as well as poor whites. Perhaps, it simply that these folks are simply outnumbered by Republican voters.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
He said this 47% was the same 47% that support obama - This is incorrect, as many of them are military or elderly retired.

“There are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it,”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0912/81312.html#ixzz26qKeJxU3

By and large, the vets aren't going to vote for Obama.

TheGrinch

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2012, 08:33:55 PM »
what he said makes me want to actually vote for him now...

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2012, 08:42:53 PM »
what he said makes me want to actually vote for him now...
I'm sure it does. Most of the 47% Willard insulted and has utter disdain for will vote for him anyway.  ::)
Just look at the map of the welfare states I just posted, where Romney is sure to win.

Have fun wasting your vote on a loser!  :D

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2012, 09:10:11 PM »
I'm sure it does. Most of the 47% Willard insulted and has utter disdain for will vote for him anyway.  ::)
Just look at the map of the welfare states I just posted, where Romney is sure to win.

Have fun wasting your vote on a loser!  :D

Hardly! Apparently, you didn't hear what Romney actually said. Basically, it's what conservatives have been saying for years and what moderates have said for years. There are those who will vote for Obama, NO MATTER WHAT. That is, no matter how high unemployment is, no matter how many people are on food stamps, no matter how high gas prices get.

Don't believe me? Look at black voters.

Romney ALSO stated that he needs to get the 5-10% of independents, some of whom voted for Obama in 2008 but are having voters' remorse. That is also the same demographic that traditionally goes AGAINST an incumbent in an election.

About a third of low-income voters support Romney; that's similar to those who supported Bush in 2004. How is Romney insulting them?

Are there people who feel they're perpetual victims? YES!!
Are there people who think government owes them money, shelter, healthcare, etc? YES!!

Name ONE of those type of voters who were going to pick Romney, in the first place.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »
I'm hoping his statements would prompt this lazy freeloaders to get off their asses and do something. Meh....who am I kidding!

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2012, 01:45:09 AM »
Romney is 100% correct...about half of the people in this country don't pay income taxes and they've been bred to look at government as the solution to problems they should be looking to fix themselves.  For them governemnt aid isn't the "safety net" it should be, it's a nice warm blanket that they wrap themselves to fend off cold reality...

"This spending surge, Eberstadt notes, has increased faster under Republican administrations than Democratic ones"

So to fix this you will vote dem?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 04:18:17 AM »
Romney's got the vets vote LOCKED. They are hardly in this category that Romney described.

no they are in the category, how could they not be? jesus get your head out of your ass son.

they pay no income tax, thus they have to be in the 47%, if he was not including them he should of said 35% or something reflecting this, your ability to twist shit to your world view is impressive.