Author Topic: New Early Christian Text, Indicates Jesus May Have Been Married  (Read 9029 times)

Griffith

• Getbig V
Re: New Early Christian Text, Indicates Jesus May Have Been Married
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2012, 12:50:02 PM »
Not at all.
The bible is not God's word while the qur'an is God's word. People merely preserved it and transmitted it. Mind you we didn't have computers or microsoft word. Parchments, sheep skin, bones, etc... are ways people noted things down until paper was widespread by Muslims waaay later.

That's not logical.
There's no proof for one or the other, only blind faith.

Every single religion says the exact same thing.....which in turn leads to conflict, war, more misery and suffering.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2012, 12:53:12 PM »
That's not logical.
There's no proof for one or the other, only blind faith.

Every single religion says the exact same thing.....which in turn leads to conflict, war, more misery and suffering.

There's no proof? Comparing the two. The quran wins. Period.

I can prove the bible instantly as not God's word.

You cannot disprove the quran as not God's word.

I have on the contrary provided something in the other thread and you just brush it off as 'so what'.

Who would have had the knowledge of the earth and water percentage at that time? Greeks? lol. This is just ONE thing.

The perfection of the quran is immaculate. The bible is rants upon rants in some parts. It is clearly a mix of God's word, messenger's words, historian's words, rabbi's words, scribe's words, unknown's words, forgeries/additions/manipulations, arithmetic errors, etc...

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2012, 01:12:35 PM »
There's no proof? Comparing the two. The quran wins. Period.

I can prove the bible instantly as not God's word.

You cannot disprove the quran as not God's word.

I have on the contrary provided something in the other thread and you just brush it off as 'so what'.

Who would have had the knowledge of the earth and water percentage at that time? Greeks? lol. This is just ONE thing.

The perfection of the quran is immaculate. The bible is rants upon rants in some parts. It is clearly a mix of God's word, messenger's words, historian's words, rabbi's words, scribe's words, unknown's words, forgeries/additions/manipulations, arithmetic errors, etc...

Your statement lacks logic.

Basing the argument on numbers in an old book is plain ridiculous and clutching at straws.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2012, 01:48:43 PM »
No it's not illogical.

If something is from God. Can it have errors in it?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2012, 03:48:11 AM »
No it's not illogical.

Once again, completely illogical.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2012, 09:33:15 AM »
Your illogical illogical claim is illogical  :o

The qur'an is free of errors unlike the bible. The quran does not go on endless rants like the bible (clearly a sign of man's writings), the example of numerical 'coincidences' like the ones i posted shows that its a book not written by men. Why? Its a book with about 80000 words in it, without computers take a guess how someone would achieve this and assure it is so?

You havent read the quran and i very much doubt most of the fellas on here have ever read the bible either (OT or NT portion)

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2012, 11:27:10 PM »
No it's not illogical.

In Surah 71:16, Allah claims that he made the moon a light. But the moon isn't a light; it merely reflects light from the sun. That seems like a pretty glaring error. I can keep pointing out more, but by your own admission, one is enough to disprove the divine origin of your grimoire ;D

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2012, 12:02:55 AM »
Your illogical illogical claim is illogical  :o

The qur'an is free of errors unlike the bible. The quran does not go on endless rants like the bible (clearly a sign of man's writings), the example of numerical 'coincidences' like the ones i posted shows that its a book not written by men. Why? Its a book with about 80000 words in it, without computers take a guess how someone would achieve this and assure it is so?

You havent read the quran and i very much doubt most of the fellas on here have ever read the bible either (OT or NT portion)

The sun disappears in a pool of murky water...?

The history of Alexander the Great in the Koran is also taken from a fable version of the story and he died at 33 not at 'ripe old age'. I actually remember reading about these and other errors in the book 'Alexander the Great' by Robin Lane Fox.

Judging by the lists, the book is riddled with errors, including numerical errors......

http://www.lightshinesindarkness.com/history_errors_koran_1.htm

http://answering-islam.org/BehindVeil/btv7.html

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2012, 08:28:36 AM »
In Surah 71:16, Allah claims that he made the moon a light. But the moon isn't a light; it merely reflects light from the sun. That seems like a pretty glaring error. I can keep pointing out more, but by your own admission, one is enough to disprove the divine origin of your grimoire ;D

Yes you are right. Except if you read the arabic it actually means reflected light. The correct translation is reflected light. So yes that is a knowledge of God that he provided in the quran that the sun is a shining light while the moon is a reflected light.

You pointed out nothing but a mistranslation :)

The Quran distinguishes between them by the use of different terms: Light (Noor) for the Moon, and Lamp (Siraaj) for the Sun.

In Arabic word Noor mean: "[be revealed], [TO RECEIVE LIGHT], [to be lighted]"

This clearly means reflected light, because it receives light from the sun and it is lighted and revealed by it. The arabic language has a far superior vocabulary to that of english. A single entity like light can be worded with multiple words meaning different things. The english just has 'light' and 'light' and you have to add other words to describe it.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2012, 11:13:18 AM »
Yes you are right. Except if you read the arabic it actually means reflected light. The correct translation is reflected light. So yes that is a knowledge of God that he provided in the quran that the sun is a shining light while the moon is a reflected light.

You pointed out nothing but a mistranslation :)

The Quran distinguishes between them by the use of different terms: Light (Noor) for the Moon, and Lamp (Siraaj) for the Sun.

In Arabic word Noor mean: "[be revealed], [TO RECEIVE LIGHT], [to be lighted]"

This clearly means reflected light, because it receives light from the sun and it is lighted and revealed by it. The arabic language has a far superior vocabulary to that of english. A single entity like light can be worded with multiple words meaning different things. The english just has 'light' and 'light' and you have to add other words to describe it.

Of course knowing that the moon only reflects the sun's light was known to the ancient Greeks, who knew of the heliocentric nature of our solar system. So the distinction made isn't really something that can only be attributed to divine inspiration.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2012, 12:03:15 PM »
Oh right, the greeks again. It's been a while since i had a raging atheist rant about the greeks and the quran stealing from them if not the bible. I find it endlessly amusing.

So what is your response to the percentage of water/earth found in the qur'an? Another greek discovery?

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2012, 02:22:32 PM »
Oh right, the greeks again. It's been a while since i had a raging atheist rant about the greeks and the quran stealing from them if not the bible. I find it endlessly amusing.

So what is your response to the percentage of water/earth found in the qur'an? Another greek discovery?

The important question here is how do you explain the historical and factual errors in regards to the life of Alexander the Great in the Koran?

As mentioned earlier, whoever wrote the Koran obviously relied on a local text.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2012, 10:51:04 PM »
The important question here is how do you explain the historical and factual errors in regards to the life of Alexander the Great in the Koran?

As mentioned earlier, whoever wrote the Koran obviously relied on a local text.

This addresses your question in detail:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/5701.htm

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2012, 03:49:05 AM »
This addresses your question in detail:

http://www.answering-christianity.com/quran/5701.htm

They're obviously now trying to claim that figure is in fact not Alexander the Great due to it following the story of a specific fable based on Alexander (originating from Afghanistan I believe) in which the 'facts' are similar to those stated in the Koran.
This indicates where they got the information from when writing the text.