Author Topic: left shoulder tear-surgury or other alternative?  (Read 1352 times)

dodger

• Getbig III
left shoulder tear-surgury or other alternative?
« on: September 18, 2012, 08:59:54 PM »
hey guys ,need some help,anyone here ever tear there supraspinatus or infraspinatus tendon with retraction of the long head of the bicep,im saposed to go for surgury soon to repair it but i ve herd nightmares on the recovery...has anyone ever had this done and is it worth it or is there other options like "prolotherapy",can this help,i herd it only strenghtens around the torn tendon...i can still do certain movements while working out but benching is outta question,like a knive going thru the shoulder if i move it a certain way...just want to know if anyone has any other options out there other than surgury,thanx...it says bicep,but nothing wrong with biceps,just in the front part of deltoid,that main tendon

Mjolnir

• Getbig III
Re: left shoulder tear-surgury or other alternative?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 09:06:04 PM »
I've had surgery on both my shoulders and my right one was done on June 30.  I still can't bench or anything but the pain isn't bad and I could move it fairly well within a week. I am guessing it will be keyhole surgery? Mine were both subacromial arthroscopy's so a bit different to what you have but I'm guessing the after effects are quite similar.  Recovery from shoulder surgey used to be long and painful but it is different these days with keyhole.  eg for mine it used to be 3 months in a sling but now they realise you gte frozen shoulder like that and I was told to move them as soon as I could.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2012, 09:20:05 PM »

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 09:24:48 PM »
Please refer to the alligator thread, problem solved. 

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 09:28:04 PM »
From what I have seen and heard, the therapy from such surgery is a bitch and the healing process takes quite a while. 

If you are a young and have many years of weight training still ahead of you, man up and get it done asap.   

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 09:32:21 PM »
From what I have seen and heard, the therapy from such surgery is a bitch and the healing process takes quite a while. 

If you are a young and have many years of weight training still ahead of you, man up and get it done asap.   

no ive trained for almost 30 years,and 25 of them were heavy....just seeing if theres other options..like prolotherapy? anyone try this?

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 09:34:55 PM »
I've had surgery on both my shoulders and my right one was done on June 30.  I still can't bench or anything but the pain isn't bad and I could move it fairly well within a week. I am guessing it will be keyhole surgery? Mine were both subacromial arthroscopy's so a bit different to what you have but I'm guessing the after effects are quite similar.  Recovery from shoulder surgey used to be long and painful but it is different these days with keyhole.  eg for mine it used to be 3 months in a sling but now they realise you gte frozen shoulder like that and I was told to move them as soon as I could.
thanx man,im not sure if its keyhole surgury,but that sounds little better,wont get scarred up..i had right shoulder scoped out 10 years ago and i was training 3 days later,that was nothing,but this is different,this is a torn tendon...any thoughts on prolotherapy

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 09:50:43 PM »
Have the surgery and concider 2012 a loss,set your goals for 2013. If you do it now you can hit 2013 running if you don't you will struggle in 2013 with a nagging injury. Take all 3 months off of the gym enjoy your family and the holidays, you will feel refreshed and be back to your form within 2 months with no pain,good luck!

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2012, 04:43:45 AM »
thanx man,im not sure if its keyhole surgury,but that sounds little better,wont get scarred up..i had right shoulder scoped out 10 years ago and i was training 3 days later,that was nothing,but this is different,this is a torn tendon...any thoughts on prolotherapy
So...did the bicep tendon snap?

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2012, 07:42:26 PM »
So...did the bicep tendon snap?

no my bicep is fine,just that main tendon in front part of shoulder,,well thats where it feels like,fukkin sucks,i can still train,but no pressing movements,i dont train like i used to so thats what makes me pissed to...does anyone know how much of a scar this will leave,shit

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 08:56:41 PM »
no my bicep is fine,just that main tendon in front part of shoulder,,well thats where it feels like,fukkin sucks,i can still train,but no pressing movements,i dont train like i used to so thats what makes me pissed to...does anyone know how much of a scar this will leave,shit
Scar is not bad unless u tend to form keloids.  If so request the surgeon use internal stitches. Way better. If its hurting you bad to press u better have it fixed before u wait too long n do more damage like I did.

dodger

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2012, 12:24:17 PM »
well i just talked with secretary and she said its saposed to be an open surgury,,..should i cancel and find another a doc that does this key hole surgury,,its not scope surgury ,i have a blown tendon,can they do this key hole surgury on full blown tendon on shoulder,thanx