Author Topic: LIST of dead Bodybuilders - Wrestlers - Strongmen  (Read 224283 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: LIST of dead Bodybuilders - Wrestlers - Strongmen
« Reply #75 on: September 25, 2012, 06:41:36 PM »
Dino was involved with some very dangerous Italians in Montreal, smuggling cigarettes.

I believe he double crossed the Mafia by selling the same contraband cigarettes they were at the time. They did a real number on him, too.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 25, 2012, 06:46:11 PM »

I believe he double crossed the Mafia by selling the same contraband cigarettes they were at the time. They did a real number on him, too.

I just read his Wikipedia page. 7 bullets to the head and 10 to the chest. Insane.

I remember them really trying to put him over as a strong man and he certainly had the build. Did you know of any official powerlifting/bench press events he actually competed in?

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #77 on: September 25, 2012, 07:07:02 PM »
I just read his Wikipedia page. 7 bullets to the head and 10 to the chest. Insane.

I remember them really trying to put him over as a strong man and he certainly had the build. Did you know of any official powerlifting/bench press events he actually competed in?

I don't know a whole lot about Bravo, but I believe the strong man thing was just a gimmick, although he was legitimately strong according to guys who saw him train.

I remember Jesse Ventura later defending the alleged assist he gave Bravo during the bench press exhibition: Jesse claimed he actually added two pounds of weight to the bar. It was funny because it very obviously looked like Ventura dead lifted the bar about halfway up. ;D

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: September 25, 2012, 07:10:44 PM »
Speaking of wrestling's strong men, the OP needs to add Davey Boy Smith to the list.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #79 on: September 25, 2012, 07:11:16 PM »

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2012, 12:40:57 AM »
How is Coleman alive, along with Cutler, and of course...Branch Warren?
Some just aren't as susceptible to heart disease perhaps.

Once their career is over, why not blow the lid off the IFBB and the drugs involved, then bring in the government to regulate it.
Nobody has the balls...pun intended, to step up and do something about the filthy trend in the pro/amateur ranks.
Guys like Cutler are in the position to do something about the epic failure of an organization the IFBB really is....yet, you won't see it, as most of these guys are gutless. ;)
A major network would enjoy that story...as if it's not known these organizations condone drug use and their testing policy is a joke.

Not one of these guys usually stand for something noble.  Just a bunch of roided up sheep.  Supplement companies and Weider use the athletes to promote their products, but could care less about these little roid boys...believe it.
N

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV
« Reply #81 on: September 26, 2012, 06:42:54 PM »
Speaking of wrestling's strong men, the OP needs to add Davey Boy Smith to the list.

yes, needs to be a mention of him for sure. one strong mofo

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: September 26, 2012, 07:16:21 PM »
Andreas Muenzer - Pro Bodybuilder - Heart failure - Age 31

I remember multiple organ failure was given as the cause of death.I suppose his heart stopped in the end.But still....

Rick "Grizzly" Brown
well known face in the World's Strongest Man competition from the 1980's- died on January 2, 2002 in Berkeley, California, aged 41 of heart failure

with Jon Pall Sigmarrsson

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2012, 07:44:01 PM »
Guys in the NFL are the walking dead. People dont realize what they put their body through just to play week after week. They take a TON of pain meds then get shot up on game day and repeat that for 16 weeks
Watch the lawsuits coming down the road from all the head trauma, post concussion syndrome etc!

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2012, 07:46:17 PM »
Watch the lawsuits coming down the road from all the head trauma, post concussion syndrome etc!

In other news....we just landed on the moon!

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2012, 02:55:19 AM »
Dave Pasanella (Powerlifter) - Car Accident

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2012, 10:04:11 AM »
How is Coleman alive, along with Cutler, and of course...Branch Warren?
Some just aren't as susceptible to heart disease perhaps.

If you look at alot of the wrestlers, it was not just steriods that killed them it was generally an OD of pain pills, sleeping meds, alcohol or a combo of the both. I do not use AAS but I don't beleive they are the sole thing that kill people.

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2012, 11:19:52 AM »
If you look at alot of the wrestlers, it was not just steriods that killed them it was generally an OD of pain pills, sleeping meds, alcohol or a combo of the both. I do not use AAS but I don't beleive they are the sole thing that kill people.

Agreed...

I would think a combo of all like you said.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2012, 01:11:29 PM »
Prescription drugs like Somas & Oxy's became increasingly popular on the 90's wrestling scene due, in part, to the fact that they were legal. Wrestlers would pop pills backstage right in front of the road agents, who were helpless to do anything about it. But, there were also plenty of guys mixing combinations of booze, anabolics, rec drugs, and Rx drugs. THAT seems to be where the biggest problems lie.

There is no documented case of a pro-wrestler dying as a direct result of steroid use. Steroids were often suspected or believed to be a contributing factor in many cases, but that's about as far as it goes.

Rudee

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2012, 01:14:21 PM »

I remember Davy Boy and his cousin The Dynamite Kid wrestling at Stampede Wrestling in Calgary in the early 80's.   They were both skinny dudes, until they went on the Juice.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2012, 01:54:46 PM »
I remember Davy Boy and his cousin The Dynamite Kid wrestling at Stampede Wrestling in Calgary in the early 80's.   They were both skinny dudes, until they went on the Juice.

Yes: both were very talented, but needed the size to compete with the mass monsters of that period. Even then, they were still comparatively on the smaller side.

Davey really bulked up, though, after he & Dynamite split. He was on some good stuff by then. In fact, he & Ultimate Warrior were fired after it was discovered they were both receiving shipments of hGH from a British pharmacy.

littleguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2012, 05:58:20 PM »
I remember watching  an interview with a wrestler, maybe X-pac or Justin Credible saying that backstage alot of times wrestlers would empty their pockets of their pills into a bowl and everyone would grab a handful and down them not knowing what they were.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 28, 2012, 04:02:21 AM »

Yes: both were very talented, but needed the size to compete with the mass monsters of that period. Even then, they were still comparatively on the smaller side.

Davey really bulked up, though, after he & Dynamite split. He was on some good stuff by then. In fact, he & Ultimate Warrior were fired after it was discovered they were both receiving shipments of hGH from a British pharmacy.

That really surprises me that Davey was ever a skinny guy. I always just assumed he was a natural endo who probably lived in the gym and hit the heavy weights hard. To make the transition from "skinny guy" to THAT,,,, damn, he must have REALLY been hitting the gas hard!

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: September 28, 2012, 05:21:08 AM »
That really surprises me that Davey was ever a skinny guy. I always just assumed he was a natural endo who probably lived in the gym and hit the heavy weights hard. To make the transition from "skinny guy" to THAT,,,, damn, he must have REALLY been hitting the gas hard!

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: September 28, 2012, 11:35:58 AM »

Here's Davey boy Smith on british tv wrestling in 1982 when he was still skinny. Fighting Ireland's nasty boy Fit Finlay   :)
This is the boring crap wrestling we had to watch in the UK back in the day.

SCWILLIAMS

• Getbig I
« Reply #95 on: November 28, 2013, 03:43:49 AM »
FIRST OF ALL I AM NOT EXCEPTIONAL.
I STARTED WEIGHT TRAINING IN 1945
I DO NOT TAKE STEROIDS OR ANY PERFORMANCE ENHANCING DRUGS.
AT MY PEAK I DEAD LIFTED 230 KILOGRAMS AT A BODY MASS OF 100 KILOGRAMS. THAT IS 2.3 TIMES MY BODY MASS.
NOT AT 87 MY MAXIMUM IN THE DEAD LIFT IS 160 KILOGRAMS AT A BODY MASS OF 100 KILOGRAMS.
CHECK MY DEAD LIFT VIDEO ON www.youtube.com TO SEE HOW EASILY I PERFORMED A DEAD LIFT OF 140 KILOGRAMS AT AGE 83 YEARS.
VIEW MY POWER WARM UP VIDEO ON www.youtube.com THEN EMULATE ME.
SIDNEY COAD WILLIAMS   HEALTH ACTIVIST.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #96 on: November 28, 2013, 04:00:38 AM »
Andy Kaufman.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #97 on: November 28, 2013, 04:01:16 AM »
AT MY PEAK I DEAD LIFTED 230 KILOGRAMS AT A BODY MASS OF 100 KILOGRAMS. THAT IS 2.3 TIMES MY BODY MASS.
NOT AT 87 MY MAXIMUM IN THE DEAD LIFT IS 160 KILOGRAMS AT A BODY MASS OF 100 KILOGRAMS.
CHECK MY DEAD LIFT VIDEO ON www.youtube.com TO SEE HOW EASILY I PERFORMED A DEAD LIFT OF 140 KILOGRAMS AT AGE 83 YEARS.

Hey grandpa. Quit yelling. 

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #98 on: November 28, 2013, 04:04:21 AM »

Thanks, much appreciated.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #99 on: November 28, 2013, 04:09:34 AM »
Big Sid deadlifting the plates and impressing the women folk -