Author Topic: Attention: True Adonis (You're online, help me real quick please!) - Fried Chick  (Read 1616 times)

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
I'm getting ready to carb up from my keto week.  It was a huge success.

I've got chicken pieces, and I have multi purpose gluten free flour (gluten intolerant, not celiac - confirmed by doc).

I have other common assorted ingredients and spices.

Please tell me how to make some decent fried chicken quickly!

PLEASE!

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
You want the gay chicken or the straight chicken?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
You want the gay chicken or the straight chicken?

I wouldn't mind some gay chicken right now!  8)

(no homo)

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task

I've got chicken pieces, and I have multi purpose gluten free flour (gluten intolerant, not celiac - confirmed by doc).

PLEASE!

P.S. If you are carbing up, you limit your fattier foods.  Unless you are shit loading and then you should be focusing on fat+carb foods.

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Not sure if this would meet your diet requirements nor if TA would agree, but this is supposedly the best Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe in existence.

Would like to hear TA's opinion on the following"

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons pepper
4 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
1 tablespoon French thyme, ground
1 tablespoon dried sweet basil, ground
1 teaspoon oregano, ground
1 tablespoon Jamaica ginger, ground (regular ground ginger will work too)
2 cups buttermilk
2 2 ½- 3 lb. chickens, cut into 8 pieces each
Vegetable oil for frying (canola and peanut oil work too)

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.

Put chicken and buttermilk in two large plastic Ziploc bags or a flat dish and marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, turning every 30 minutes. This tenderizes the meat as well as removes any blood.

When ready to cook, remove chicken pieces from buttermilk and shake off excess liquid. Toss with dry ingredients.

The chicken should be lightly covered, but it's okay if there are a few missed spots. You can also shake chicken with the dry ingredients in a large Ziploc bag.

Fry in the vegetable oil .... I never friy chicken in any type of oil so I'll leave that part up to the frying experts.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.

PLEASE!
Extremely Crunchy Fried Chicken.

INGREDIENTS
2cups buttermilk plus 6 additional tablespoons
2tablespoons table salt
1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces, giblets discarded, wings and back reserved for stock
3cups all-purpose flour
2teaspoons baking powder
3/4teaspoon dried thyme
1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4teaspoon garlic powder
4 - 5cups vegetable shortening or peanut oil
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Whisk together 2 cups buttermilk and salt in large bowl until salt is dissolved. Add chicken pieces to bowl and stir to coat; cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Don't let chicken soak much longer or it will become too salty.)

2. Whisk flour, baking powder, thyme, pepper, and garlic powder together in large bowl. Add remaining 6 tablespoons buttermilk; with your fingers rub flour and buttermilk together until buttermilk is evenly incorporated into flour and mixture resembles coarse wet sand.

3. Working in batches of two, drop chicken pieces into flour mixture and turn to thoroughly coat, gently pressing flour mixture onto chicken. Shake excess flour from each piece of chicken and transfer to wire rack set over rimmed baking sheet.

4. Heat oil (it should measure 3/4 inch deep) in large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven with 11-inch diameter over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees. Place chicken pieces, skin-side down, in oil, cover, and fry until deep golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove lid after 4 minutes and lift chicken pieces to check for even browning; rearrange if some pieces are browning faster than others. (At this point, oil should be about 300 degrees. Adjust burner, if necessary, to regulate temperature of oil.) Turn chicken pieces over and continue to fry, uncovered, until chicken pieces are deep golden brown on second side, 6 to 8 minutes longer. (At this point, to keep chicken from browning too quickly, adjust burner to maintain oil temperature of about 315 degrees.) Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate lined with paper towels; let stand for 5 minutes to drain. Serve.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Not sure if this would meet your diet requirements nor if TA would agree, but this is supposedly the best Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe in existence.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons pepper
4 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 cups buttermilk

Directions:

Put chicken and buttermilk in two large plastic Ziploc bags or a flat dish and marinate in the refrigerator for at least two hours, turning every 30 minutes. This tenderizes the meat as well as removes any blood.

When ready to cook, remove chicken pieces from buttermilk and shake off excess liquid. Toss with dry ingredients.

The chicken should be lightly covered, but it's okay if there are a few missed spots. You can also shake chicken with the dry ingredients in a large Ziploc bag.

Fry in the vegetable oil .... I never friy chicken in any type of oil so I'll leave that part up to the frying experts.

Hey Stunt, I passed your question regarding the speed of light to one of my friends who is a Teacher`s Assistant at MIT.  He is supposed to get back to me next week after his vacation.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Bah!  We don't need some egghead.  What's the question, Stunt?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
P.S. If you are carbing up, you limit your fattier foods.  Unless you are shit loading and then you should be focusing on fat+carb foods.

I can't be too strict because I'm a pussy.  :P

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
Extremely Crunchy Fried Chicken.

INGREDIENTS
2cups buttermilk plus 6 additional tablespoons
2tablespoons table salt
1 whole chicken (about 3 1/2 pounds), cut into 8 pieces, giblets discarded, wings and back reserved for stock
3cups all-purpose flour
2teaspoons baking powder
3/4teaspoon dried thyme
1/2teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4teaspoon garlic powder
4 - 5cups vegetable shortening or peanut oil
INSTRUCTIONS
1. Whisk together 2 cups buttermilk and salt in large bowl until salt is dissolved. Add chicken pieces to bowl and stir to coat; cover bowl with plastic and refrigerate for 1 hour. (Don't let chicken soak much longer or it will become too salty.)

2. Whisk flour, baking powder, thyme, pepper, and garlic powder together in large bowl. Add remaining 6 tablespoons buttermilk; with your fingers rub flour and buttermilk together until buttermilk is evenly incorporated into flour and mixture resembles coarse wet sand.

3. Working in batches of two, drop chicken pieces into flour mixture and turn to thoroughly coat, gently pressing flour mixture onto chicken. Shake excess flour from each piece of chicken and transfer to wire rack set over rimmed baking sheet.

4. Heat oil (it should measure 3/4 inch deep) in large heavy-bottomed Dutch oven with 11-inch diameter over medium-high heat until it reaches 375 degrees. Place chicken pieces, skin-side down, in oil, cover, and fry until deep golden brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove lid after 4 minutes and lift chicken pieces to check for even browning; rearrange if some pieces are browning faster than others. (At this point, oil should be about 300 degrees. Adjust burner, if necessary, to regulate temperature of oil.) Turn chicken pieces over and continue to fry, uncovered, until chicken pieces are deep golden brown on second side, 6 to 8 minutes longer. (At this point, to keep chicken from browning too quickly, adjust burner to maintain oil temperature of about 315 degrees.) Using tongs, transfer chicken to plate lined with paper towels; let stand for 5 minutes to drain. Serve.

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons pepper
4 tablespoons paprika
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 cups buttermilk

Directions:

Guys, I jumped the gun like an impatient idiot and just missed both posts.  I saved them both though and I do appreciate it.  I love fried chicken more than wiggs.

How shitty does this look?  It's not bad...  8)