Author Topic: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair  (Read 22309 times)

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair
« Reply #50 on: September 23, 2012, 01:33:52 PM »
Don't forget guys, a pen can be pretty fucking dangerous ;D

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #51 on: September 23, 2012, 01:34:07 PM »
How does one get hit by a train, it's not like your just gonna get sucker punched leaving the club.

Usually when you hear about non-fatal train accident, it falls under two catagories,

A) Train worker that gets a bit loose with the safety practices while handling their job.

B) Person is drunk or high, and passes out while walking along the tracks. Lots of feet and hands go missing this way.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: September 23, 2012, 01:41:14 PM »
cops are a useless waste of taxpayer money. There is no excuse or justification for killing a one armed man. Jezus, he has one arm and one leg......he has a tiny object in his single hand...........what the fuck would you think it was? a space-age plasma gun? Disarm the cripple for chrisakes.

Truth is most police officers are on a power trip with no regard for public safety, none at all. They cant control themselves and are narcissistic to the point of depravity.......... I smile everytime I hear a cop got killed. fucking bastards the lot of em.

viking1

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: September 23, 2012, 01:43:39 PM »

It could have been a small gun, for all they know. When someone is waving a small object around, it could be anything.

Do what the Police tell you to do, Period.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 23, 2012, 01:44:19 PM »
cops are a useless waste of taxpayer money. There is no excuse or justification for killing a one armed man. Jezus, he has one arm and one leg......he has a tiny object in his single hand...........what the fuck would you think it was? a space-age plasma gun? Disarm the cripple for chrisakes.

Truth is most police officers are on a power trip with no regard for public safety, none at all. They cant control themselves and are narcissistic to the point of depravity.......... I smile everytime I hear a cop got killed. fucking bastards the lot of em.

Very ignorant comments.  Cops risk their lives all the time for shitty ass decisions made by scummy people.  I'm not saying all cops are crispy clean but not all of them are assholes either.  They are just doing their jobs.... and its not an easy one!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #55 on: September 23, 2012, 02:02:07 PM »

It could have been a small gun, for all they know. When someone is waving a small object around, it could be anything.

One of the gayest post in getbig history.
a

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #56 on: September 23, 2012, 02:48:00 PM »
  Horrible

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #57 on: September 23, 2012, 02:53:45 PM »

Deadly mouse killing gun

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #58 on: September 23, 2012, 07:12:46 PM »
"hit by train" means he got run over trying to jump aboard.  happens a lot.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #59 on: September 23, 2012, 07:23:16 PM »
Should have complied with the officer's orders.

Yes, he'd still be alive. Dumb on the officers end, but it is true what you say.

f450

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: September 23, 2012, 07:59:38 PM »
Very ignorant comments.  Cops risk their lives all the time for shitty ass decisions made by scummy people.  I'm not saying all cops are crispy clean but not all of them are assholes either.  They are just doing their jobs.... and its not an easy one!

I agree its not an easy one, Its not carte blanche to go around killing, maiming and abusing the people who pay your wages. If you cant handle the risks and the resulting stress associated with the dangers of the job, then dont become a cop.
That being said most cops are madmen, they are not here to serve and protect, constantly powertripping and flexing. Fuck em.

I respect firemen, Emts and other first responder types that truly risk their lives to save others. How many cops do you have in newyork city? How many died attempting to save people from the twin towers? contrast that to the number of firefighters in the city, and how many died attempting to rescue the victims. Man fuck a cop, every single fucking time.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 08:14:55 PM »
Dude, if you carry a gun to work, it's a shitty job. Let me rephrase that. If your job is so dangerous that you may be shot at, or people may try to kill you and you have to carry a gun, I'd say that it is someone I'd talk with a little bit of sense to so I didn't end up dead. That being said, if you are a cop and fuck up in the line of duty, you should be fired. I'm not saying the act is criminal, but you need to be extremely good at your job to keep it, so if you suck you need to find employment elsewhere.

Radical Plato

• Getbig V
  • Rhetoric is the art of ruling the minds of men.
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2012, 10:37:36 PM »
Another coward POS Cop.  Never believe a policeman after he has shot and killed somebody.  The truth is, angry wheelchair amputee guy was pissed off and wouldn't shut up.  Cop got pissed off, shot and killed the guy.  Why? Because he can, the state will exonerate him and nothing will happen besides his cop mates making jokes about it in the lunch room.  I have actually been stabbed in the head with a pen by an ex girlfriend, it Hurt, but didn't even need a doctors visit.  What's wrong with these weak arse cops not even prepared to get a scratch on themselves in the line of duty.
V

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
It's cheaper to Bag them, then to book them

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: September 25, 2012, 08:28:39 AM »
Despite falling violent crime rates, police are more and more armed with military-grade equipment(like...why does some suburbia with manicured lawns need a PD that has an armored personnel carrier?).  They are also uniform in appearance.....super short hair or bald with shaved arms.....the older cops and fat women are sent to the airport to stand around and stare at traffic all day.  Neurotic and uptight, these cops are walking around in your neighborhood with the same mentality of a soldier or Marine doing a patrol of Fallujah.  In addition, they love to hire ex-military personnel who did multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan....which should be a huge no-no in a job where "public service" is warranted.

It would also appear that many of these cops have never done a decent time's worth of being a correctional officer....unarmed and locked INSIDE with actual convicted criminals.  With their bat belt, snazzy new dodge charger, and a plethora of weapons at their disposal, these cops look for any excuse to gun someone down, from dogs to amputees in wheelchairs.

I hope this officer gets convicted and loses his job at the very least and the department getting sued.  People justifying this behavior are almost equally as pathetic(esp. when they do not have any experience within law enforcement).

After the first line the obvious question to me was "Maybe it is because they are heavily armed that violent crime rates are falling"..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 25, 2012, 08:31:44 AM »
I know my opinions sound very cold hearted....  but bear with me, none of us were there to say exactly what happened and how it looked.  

But the cop said he could not see what was in the mans hand... regardless of how close it was, maybe it was dark, maybe it was not so obvious it was a pen.  The point of the story is that the cops felt threatened.  

Sure if they knew it was a pen and still shot the guy regardless then that would be a dick move and completely unjustified.  But if they genuinely believed their life was in danger then i really cant blame them for what they did.  You all have to remember the situation could have been very heated, everyone is on edge, everyone is in a panic, everyone is yelling, this guy is being hostile and trying to stab a cop with an unidentified object (according to the cop).

Before you guys jump on me for sounding cold hearted , believe me i sympathize for this disabled man so much, my brother is handicapped and mentally disabled and i can see him maybe not able to control himself or his actions in stressful situations, so a scenario like that is my biggest fear regarding my brother....  but im looking at it from the other perspective.

If the cops really didnt know what was in his hands then it was a hostile situation and they acted by the book.

But if they did know it was a pen and still shot the guy, then obviously i would say they were out of line.

If you continue with the rational responses you will be placed in time out

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: September 25, 2012, 08:33:26 AM »

You're mom will likely kick you out of the basement when she reads this..

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: September 25, 2012, 08:36:33 AM »
Dude, if you carry a gun to work, it's a shitty job. Let me rephrase that. If your job is so dangerous that you may be shot at, or people may try to kill you and you have to carry a gun, I'd say that it is someone I'd talk with a little bit of sense to so I didn't end up dead. That being said, if you are a cop and fuck up in the line of duty, you should be fired. I'm not saying the act is criminal, but you need to be extremely good at your job to keep it, so if you suck you need to find employment elsewhere.

Agreed in many cases. There are some cases where you "Fuck up" but the odds were so stacked against you that it's unreasonable to expect a different outcome. But in cases where you screw the pooch and it should have been avoided then yes, you get benched. You have a lot of authority, a lot of power and a lot of weapons. With that comes the expectation that you will act within reason and have very good judgement.   

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #68 on: September 25, 2012, 03:44:20 PM »
I don't really think it was out of line what the Police did, I mean they were cornered, the man was threatening them, he had pen in his hand (But what if it was a shank), Maybe they really didn't see another option.  You guys gotta remember the type of people these cops deal with on a day to day basis, just the shittiest forms of scum so they will always be on edge!

What really saddens me about this though is that the man had a mental illness.  There have been a number of documented cases in the past where officers have misunderstood the handicap's intentions or that he is unable to control how he is acting. 

Still sad the whole thing!

Cornered?

By a 1 legged, 1 armed man in a wheelchair?  ::)  ::)  ::) ::)

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
« Reply #69 on: September 25, 2012, 03:46:57 PM »
They didn't know it was a pen, all they knew is that this man was being very hostile and threatening the officer verbally and he was trying to stab him.  When you are a cop, you are trained to act fast and take no risks, they did what they were trained to do.  It was a judgement call.

So - he was cornered by a one armed man but not close enough to see the guy had a pen in his hand?

Even if the guy had a knife in his hand - he was in a wheelchair - easy enough to kick it away or over.

Your reach is severely compromised when seated and trying to attack someone that is standing. Sit down - see how far you can reach.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2012, 06:17:31 AM »
Lets put a face to the Ball Point Bic pen warrior

Oh yes, let's cry a fucking river over this dude, it's obvious he was going to cure cancer within the next few years. ::)

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2012, 07:11:04 AM »
Oh yes, let's cry a fucking river over this dude, it's obvious he was going to cure cancer within the next few years. ::)
lmao

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #72 on: September 27, 2012, 08:14:08 AM »

How about you?  Will you be curing cancer in the next few years?  Will your loved ones be curing cancer in the next few years?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: September 27, 2012, 02:05:06 PM »
How about you?  Will you be curing cancer in the next few years?  Will your loved ones be curing cancer in the next few years?

No jackass, but I'm not a wheelchair bound bum wielding a pen in the face of an armed police officer. Nature weeded out a weak link here.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #74 on: September 27, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »

Nor write Bhetovens 9th symphony.