Author Topic: Romney has not released a SINGLE COMPLETE TAX RETURN YET  (Read 1538 times)

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Romney has not released a SINGLE COMPLETE TAX RETURN YET
« on: September 23, 2012, 06:25:17 AM »
Romney tax returns: What’s missing in his report?
Pundits, political partisans, and amateur CPA’s are poring over the numbers in Mitt Romney’s tax returns. What’s missing, tax experts say, are the details of Romney’s retirement account from Bain Capital, including investments in offshore accounts in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.

By Brad Knickerbocker , Staff writer / September 22, 2012

Republican presidential candidate, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney greets supporters after speaking at a rally in Las Vegas Friday.

It’s no coincidence that Mitt Romney  chose a Friday afternoon to release more information about the income taxes he pays. In Washington , that’s known as “news dump day,” the time when most people are moving into weekend mode and whatever bad news an elected official has to report – usually it’s the White House  – is largely ignored.

Yes, he's rich. Mitt Romney finally releases his tax returns. 
Mitt Romney would be the wealthiest president ever, Forbes calculates 
Mitt Romney taxes show 'very high' charitable giving tied to Mormon church 

Unless, that is, there’s been months of controversy and buildup in a presidential election year and the issue in question gets to the essence of a candidate’s image (if not character).

That’s certainly the case with Mr. Romney’s personal wealth, the “47 percent” of the electorate he seemed to write off in a private meeting with campaign donors, and what’s already known about the tax-sheltered offshore investment accounts that would make him (as Forbes Magazine  calculates) “the wealthiest White House occupant ever.”

So it is that the report by Romney’s tax preparer (PriceWaterhouseCoopers) and the friend who manages Mr. and Mrs. Romney’s three trusts remains very much in the news.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: Romney has not released a SINGLE COMPLETE TAX RETURN YET
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 07:02:32 AM »
LOL I guess the left is upset that there isnt anything damning in the releases he has made so they have to bitch about what they can.

Told you this would happen by the way

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 07:07:58 AM »
why doesn't he release everything,like every other candidate does. mmust be hiding something

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 07:27:26 AM »
why doesn't he release everything,like every other candidate does. mmust be hiding something
iono probably for the same reason obama doesnt release his college records...

neither one is important and are a distraction from the

record unemployment
record underemployment
record low labor participation
record debt
record number of ppl on food stamps
record number of ppl receiving govt aid
etc...etc...

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 07:33:52 AM »
and you call obama kneeepadders, the repubs are even worse  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 07:35:19 AM »
and you call obama kneeepadders, the repubs are even worse  ;D
LOL what?

what that meant for another thread?

where did you copy and past this from blacken?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 07:44:34 AM »
when romney holds something back it's ok ,it's not important  :D   kneepadding at it's best

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 07:56:32 AM »
when romney holds something back it's ok ,it's not important  :D   kneepadding at it's best
I never bitched about obamas college records, did I?

And you have bitched about his college records right, seeing as your bitching about romneys taxes even though he at least has released a summary...

pot meet kettle

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 07:59:50 AM »

this is ok for the kneepadders  :D :D :D

Romney Lawyer Admits They Manipulated Taxes to Conform to 13% Claim

by Olympia

Romney’s lawyer had admitted that the Democratic accusation that Willard & Wife could have paid a lot less in taxes in 2011. BUT, the returns were manipulated to conform to Willard's claim in August that he always paid at least 13%.

The AP reported:

But, Brad Malt acknowledged, the couple “limited their deductions of charitable contributions to conform to the governor’s statement in August, based on the January estimate of income, that he paid at least 13 percent in income taxes in each of the last 10 years.”

Tax experts point out that Romney’s returns are missing a few details:

What’s missing, tax experts say, are the details of Romney’s retirement account from Bain Capital, including investments in offshore accounts in Bermuda and the Cayman Islands.

It’s a potentially important difference because the simple average treats each year equally — whether Romney earned, say, $5 million in that year or $30 million. It is especially important if Romney paid a low tax rate in a year in which he earned a lot but paid a high tax rate in years when he earned less. The weighted average would give a more accurate picture.

Maybe this is why Willard wants us to look up and not at his taxes when he said:

”Ha ha. We’re in the stretch aren’t we? Look at those clouds. It’s beautiful,” he said, pointing to the sky. “Look at those things.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/election-2012/wp/2012/09/20/romney-on-new-campaign-strategy/

Harry Reid points out in a statement from his office"

“That raises the question: what else in those returns has Romney manipulated?”

Remember this President's statement:

“There’s an old saying in Tennessee — I know it’s in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can’t get fooled again.”

http://www.politicususa.com/romney-lawyer-admits-manipuated-taxes-conform-13-claim.html

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 08:03:18 AM »
^^^
whats the point the still paid what they said they paid...

Like I said even if he did release his taxes you morons would still bitch about something

pot meet kettle

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 08:06:38 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^
more kneepadding

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 08:08:06 AM »
Former Mitt strategist on Romneyland tax dump: 'Is this an April Fool's joke?'

by Jed Lewison

Alex Castellanos, who worked for Mitt Romney in 2008 and continues to be a Republican political consultant, tells Politico's Maggie Haberman that he is not impressed with the optics of Romney's tax dump move:

"At first I thought this was an April Fool's Joke," said Castellanos, who tweeted something to that effect at me earlier. "But it isn't April. I can't imagine that David Axelrod will now say, I'm glad Mitt put this issue behind him. This will drag Mitt's taxes back into the debate. And there's not many days left. I just can't imagine why they would do this. There are 40 days left and you have now made more of them about Mitt's taxes....you don't serve a life sentence and then confess afterward. They've taken their beating on this (already) ... I just don't understand how a (being) 'little pregnant' strategy (works)."

According to Haberman, Castellanos isn't alone. She says other Republican operatives are telling her this partial dump of Romney's past tax returns will only encourage more questions about his past returns.

One good question, raised by Greg Sargent, is this: what was Mitt Romney's actual effective tax rate during the past 20 years? As he points out, Romney merely released the average tax rate during that time. That means years in which he had lower income count the same as years in which he had a higher income, and given that his tax rate seems to go down as his income goes up, the 20 percent figure he's releasing is probably a bit misleading.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 08:16:01 AM »
Former Mitt strategist on Romneyland tax dump: 'Is this an April Fool's joke?'

by Jed Lewison

Alex Castellanos, who worked for Mitt Romney in 2008 and continues to be a Republican political consultant, tells Politico's Maggie Haberman that he is not impressed with the optics of Romney's tax dump move:

"At first I thought this was an April Fool's Joke," said Castellanos, who tweeted something to that effect at me earlier. "But it isn't April. I can't imagine that David Axelrod will now say, I'm glad Mitt put this issue behind him. This will drag Mitt's taxes back into the debate. And there's not many days left. I just can't imagine why they would do this. There are 40 days left and you have now made more of them about Mitt's taxes....you don't serve a life sentence and then confess afterward. They've taken their beating on this (already) ... I just don't understand how a (being) 'little pregnant' strategy (works)."

According to Haberman, Castellanos isn't alone. She says other Republican operatives are telling her this partial dump of Romney's past tax returns will only encourage more questions about his past returns.

One good question, raised by Greg Sargent, is this: what was Mitt Romney's actual effective tax rate during the past 20 years? As he points out, Romney merely released the average tax rate during that time. That means years in which he had lower income count the same as years in which he had a higher income, and given that his tax rate seems to go down as his income goes up, the 20 percent figure he's releasing is probably a bit misleading.

no link?

LOL sorry blacken youve blown any and all credibility you had here

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 08:29:11 AM »
link didnt work...

so youre saying that he did indeed pay the amount of taxes he said he did?

whats the issue you have here blacken?

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 08:31:11 AM »
just tried it works fine,            this isn't more kneepadding, is it ???  ;D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 08:32:22 AM »
just tried it works fine,            this isn't more kneepadding, is it ???  ;D
link didnt work...

so youre saying that he did indeed pay the amount of taxes he said he did?

whats the issue you have here blacken?

Still doesnt work for me, maybe its my computer...

so whats the issue you have here blacken?

that he didnt pay more then the amount he said he did?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 08:32:52 AM »
How come Simple Jack never posts about the economy?  ???X

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 08:39:57 AM »
How come Simple Jack never posts about the economy?  ???X

oh good MR. INDEPENDENT is on, mommy  not using the computer right now. :D so did you find your own place yet or are you still on your mommy's tit  :D :D :D

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 08:41:43 AM »
so whats the issue you have here blacken?

that he didnt pay more then the amount he said he did?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 08:51:58 AM »
Hahahaha, the middle east is burning as we speak because of this idiot, a dead ambassador and marines are dead, the economy, UE and EVERYTHING else is in the shitter and all you clowns can come up with is (still) his tax returns?? Hahahaha, oh man, you libs are wacked. LOL

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 08:55:52 AM »
these returns dont matter.  his own lawyer admits they were 'customized' to overpay to match what he said on the campaign trail.

any conversation past that is pointless, on either side of the aisle.

end of subject.  this shit has been in the news for ENTIRELY too long.  i can't believe Romney is reversing course here - the issue was over.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 09:04:08 AM »
these returns dont matter.  his own lawyer admits they were 'customized' to overpay to match what he said on the campaign trail.

end of subject.  this shit has been in the news for ENTIRELY too long.  i can't believe Romney is reversing course here - the issue was over.
so the issue is he didnt pay more then he said he paid?

The way I read that is he modified this past years deductions so that he paid the 14% average over the past 10 years...

so I ask again, your issue is he didnt pay more then he said he did?

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 09:18:48 AM »

For 20 years? I suppose you think it was just for last year only.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 09:24:21 AM »
For 20 years? I suppose you think it was just for last year only.

???

The tax issue is a stupid one.  Romney is a very smart man who put his money offshore to protect it.  100% legal. I dont think he would ever break any law. He doesn't NEED to.  People crying about his returns don't understand how the world works.

That being said - Romney hasn't showed CONSISTENCY on this issue.  He won't release, he will release.  He paid only what he had to, now he overpaid.  He claims he moved money off-shore, but not for any tax benefit. 

That's not believable.  He should just be HONEST and say "Yes, Chris Mathews, you liberal douchebag little girl, I legally put my $ offshore to keep more of it from leeches like Obama... I ever broke a law and you can kiss my ass, tweety".

instead, it's been these little lies and tweaks and changes.  Geez, I want romney to win.  I just want him to stop pandering.