Author Topic: How Many GetBiggers Have A RUSHCARD?  (Read 7435 times)

Fallsview

• Getbig V
  • Mr. Gulf Coast 1994,95,99
How Many GetBiggers Have A RUSHCARD?
« on: September 23, 2012, 09:05:44 AM »
I was hoping to get an opportunity and maybe qualifying for a RUSHCARD.  I would think some of the "highrollers" here would have one and lend me some valuable info on it.  I want to take control of my financial independence and I think this would be one stepping stone in the right direction.  My body is gold and I want my finances to be the same!  Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Fallsview

• Getbig V
Re: How Many GetBiggers Have A RUSHCARD?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 09:11:17 AM »
What's the benefit?

I guess freedom and independence of your finances.  Hoping to find out more info here.  I heard Jay Cutler has one.

TEAM GETBIG CLEAN UP!!!!!!!

Frank Clairmonte

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM KAI GREENE #BELIEVE
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 09:23:44 AM »
I have CRUSHCARD.

SCHMOE EDITION.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 09:26:11 AM »
I don't know and what's more I don't give a rats ass.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 09:40:21 AM »
I don't get it, so it's just a Visa gift card? 

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 09:45:11 AM »
This is what Uncle Rush said:

"As a leader in this industry, I encourage a full understanding of RushCard's transparent pricing, and valuable services, especially for those who have been turned away or let down by traditional banks. Third party research has shown that for many customers, the best prepaid card services offer significant savings compared to what they would pay in traditional bank checking accounts, with savings of up to 50%, as documented by third party research from the nation's second largest bank by assets, JP Morgan and Company. 

"RushCard is the solution for people who want affordable financial services that they can customize to suit their needs.  As I look at the payments landscape, I see the banks as the large record chains and my RushCard is looking a lot more like iTunes.  I welcome the public debate because the more educated the consumers are the more successful we become."

This seems awesome and of course knowing what it means to be "kept down by the man" I believe he's looking out for us people from Big Corps.  I hope I can get one!!!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 09:47:42 AM »
Prepaid cards. Oh brother. Only an idiot would get one of those.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 09:48:17 AM »
I don't get it, so it's just a Visa gift card?  

Pre-paid Debit card that markets to the young and black community.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 09:50:36 AM »
This appears to be for people with shitty credit who can't actually get a regular credit card

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 09:51:17 AM »

Sorry, but I don't have anymore room in my wallet with this one.  ;)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 09:52:57 AM »
Pre-paid Debit card that markets to the young and black community.
The Kardashians (sp?) shilled for one a few years ago until the backlash over all the (hidden) card costs made them drop the deal.  :-X

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 09:53:55 AM »
What the hell is a rush card? Is that like a visa black card?
A

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 09:57:09 AM »

AMEX sent me an offer for one of those things
The annual fee is ~ 2k
No f'ng way it's worth it unless you travel alot and then you apparently get a bunch of benefits

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 09:58:46 AM »

jephrius

• Getbig III
  • PayDay
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 10:00:18 AM »
The annual fee is ~ 2k
No f'ng way it's worth it unless you travel alot and then you apparently get a bunch of benefits
Honestly brah, if a couple of g's is something you have to think twice about you shouldn't even be playing with credit cards. Matches in a child's hands. No good.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 10:01:57 AM »
It just a card that you pre-load money on...almost exactly like a debit card...its for people with shitty credit. you build credit by continually loading cash on without every spending it all. You do that long enough, and eventually you can get a visa with like a 200 dollar limit.  Funny story, I have a friend who just got into stanford after just working after high school. he saved up 70-100 grand, always good with money...never in any trouble, always employed... applied for a credit card... "sorry sir, you're 29 with no credit history except for cell phone, cable, water etc bills, you don't get shit!" Thankfully, he was able to get grants and student loans for Stanford. meanwhile, when i was 18 i got a card with a 2 grand limit, and have extensive ccredit history and a perfect rating.  it doesn't really make any sense.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 10:02:24 AM »
The annual fee is ~ 2k
X2
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 10:03:54 AM »
It just a card that you pre-load money on...almost exactly like a debit card...its for people with shitty credit. you build credit by continually loading cash on without every spending it all. You do that long enough, and eventually you can get a visa with like a 200 dollar limit.  Funny story, I have a friend who just got into stanford after just working after high school. he saved up 70-100 grand, always good with money...never in any trouble, always employed... applied for a credit card... "sorry sir, you're 29 with no credit history except for cell phone, cable, water etc bills, you don't get shit!" Thankfully, he was able to get grants and student loans for Stanford. meanwhile, when i was 18 i got a card with a 2 grand limit, and have extensive ccredit history and a perfect rating.  it doesn't really make any sense.
Lol
A

littledumbells

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 10:09:02 AM »
  I have a couple debit cards and a couple credit cards that are paid off each month. Why the hell would I need a prepaid debit card?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:01 AM »
Honestly brah, if a couple of g's is something you have to think twice about you shouldn't even be playing with credit cards. Matches in a child's hands. No good.

only a schmuck would pay ANY annual fee for a credit card

I have 2 credit cards and pay them down to zero every month so never pay a penny of interest

I don't have a debit card (aka ATM card with VISA/MC logo) and I would not recommend  having one of those as they require no PIN and if you lose the card by the time you find out your checking account could be cleaned out

better to use a regular credit card (rather than a debit card) so that if it's stolen or lost it doesn't effect your checking account (i.e. you bounce a bunch of checks/automatic payments before you realized your checking account has been cleaned out)

I do have a EQ line on my house but have never used it and it does have an annual fee of $50

btw - if you have an credit card you should write "check ID" on the signature line on the back of the card

So few people actually ask for ID and whenever they dont' I always show themt eh back of my card and remind them they should do ask for ID as a security check

it seems many credite card transactions don't even require a signature these days if it's less than ~ $25 transaction

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 11:04:24 AM »
Can't believe Uncle Rush would do this, I really don't believe it.  I really can't believe Uncle Rush would pose in front of the American Flag and lie.  RS is the FABRIC OF THE BLACK COMMUNITY!!!!

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 11:23:15 AM »
The Rush card is the ghetto version of the Green Dot card.

No self-respecting person would carry such a card. 

The typical Rush card holder has all the wrong numbers...low FICO, high BMI, low cash flow, etc.
~

Fallsview

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »
I guess RS is NOT a community sheppard! Very disappointed as I was looking forward to having a RUSHCARD in my velcro wallet.

MikMaq

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 12:26:06 PM »
I guess RS is NOT a community sheppard! Very disappointed as I was looking forward to having a RUSHCARD in my velcro wallet.
;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2012, 12:30:48 PM »

This one suits you better, asswipe..