Author Topic: Halloween is Here  (Read 6228 times)

littleguns

• Getbig V
Halloween is Here
« on: September 23, 2012, 03:43:20 PM »
I know this has done in the past but would love to hear your favorite scary movies....

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: Halloween is Here
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2012, 03:45:58 PM »

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2012, 04:14:21 PM »
^^^that's a great film actually.

i like the 'woman in black' remake. its a nicely creepy ghost story with harry potter aka daniel radcliffe.

'the pact' has more than a few goosepimply moments.

i most recently watched a pretty good one called 'lovely molly'. i liked that quite a bit.

'don't be afraid of the dark' is a good watch for halloween i reckon. especially good if you're watching with a lass.

oh, and, 'trick r treat' is a perfct film for halloween.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »
Exorcist. I'm not sure if its because I saw it at a young age for the first time, but it's seriously the only movie that gives me the heebie jeebies. (No homo)

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2012, 04:45:00 PM »
I'd have to say Jeepers Creepers.  The monster was right out of my nightmares.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2012, 04:47:30 PM »
Exorcist. I'm not sure if its because I saw it at a young age for the first time, but it's seriously the only movie that gives me the heebie jeebies. (No homo)

Agreed, when it first came out it creeped me out.  Saw it recently on tv and now it seems dated, not so scary.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2012, 04:53:53 PM »
I'd have to say Jeepers Creepers.  The monster was right out of my nightmares.
1st one was good,,,halloween 1 is the best original horror movie i think ever made.

JBGRAY

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2012, 05:04:29 PM »
 ;D  My FAVORITE time of year!

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2012, 05:08:16 PM »
 Hell Night

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 05:11:44 PM »
1st one was good,,,halloween 1 is the best original horror movie i think ever made.

Yes, the first Halloween was great.  So was the first Friday the 13.  Never forget the scene were the girl got the axe.

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 05:28:35 PM »

Can't embed this one, but it scared the heck out of me as a kid -

http://www.zimbio.com/watch/vZFTHzTNRgI/Confessions+Of+A+Serial+Killer/Robert+Burns .

Proper respects paid to the really good other Italian horrors too, but some of them really suck aside from a few good gore scenes.

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 05:36:39 PM »
Horrifying...mewtant terror.  :o

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 05:42:14 PM »
  The Shining and Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer.

And almost time for the Chiller con in New Jersey. Kirk Hammett is one of the guests!

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 05:51:12 PM »
This movie should be considered too.

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2012, 06:24:24 PM »
There are so many great ones, but off the top of my head:

The Shining
The Exorcist
Halloween (1978)
Alien / Aliens
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
The Thing (1981)
Night of the Living Dead (1968)

The classics (remakes are fun, but do not compare to these):

Frankenstein (1931)
Dracula (1931)
The Mummy (1932)
The Wolfman (1941)

To the young guys here... If you've never seen these movies, I highly recommend you do.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2012, 06:29:03 PM »
 :D
F

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2012, 08:55:16 PM »
I always thought Hellraiser was pretty wild, pinhead was a freaky dude for his time.
time under tension

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 09:10:41 PM »
I have a friend who dressed up as Pinhead and went to alot of effort and looked identical to him. 

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 10:08:13 PM »
One of my buds has a cool hellboy costume plus he's 6.5 so he looks intimidating. It was funny when he was at a comicon and ran into another guy dressed as hellboy.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 10:21:38 PM »

I'm a major pussy and have sworn off all horror movies because they scare the shit out of me and I'll have tons of nightmares and not sleep for days.  Seriously I'm like a little girl, its terrible!

But I have seen scary movies in the past and the shit that gets me the most are zombie movies.... I am fucking terrified of anything zombie related, a TV ad with zombies will creep me out at night, Fuck even Michael Jackson's Thriller video scares me lol

That's why probably the scariest movie I've ever seen is "Dawn of the dead" - actually watched that entire movie during a work out, couldn't fucking sleep.

Another one that's not as scary as it is good, 28 days later

Bram Stokers Dracula (with keanu reeves and gary oldman) is sooooo well made, the visuals are great!

Also, for your reference,'I am legend' with Will Smith scared the shit out of me, dunno why but it did!

Honorable mention, not the movie but the original game:  Resident Evil, playing that late at night with my cousin with all the lights off and the dogs jumping g through the windows (you had to have played it to know what im Talking about)

Stefano

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2012, 11:26:37 PM »
I'm a major pussy and have sworn off all horror movies because they scare the shit out of me and I'll have tons of nightmares and not sleep for days.  Seriously I'm like a little girl, its terrible!

But I have seen scary movies in the past and the shit that gets me the most are zombie movies.... I am fucking terrified of anything zombie related, a TV ad with zombies will creep me out at night, Fuck even Michael Jackson's Thriller video scares me lol

That's why probably the scariest movie I've ever seen is "Dawn of the dead" - actually watched that entire movie during a work out, couldn't fucking sleep.

Another one that's not as scary as it is good, 28 days later

Bram Stokers Dracula (with keanu reeves and gary oldman) is sooooo well made, the visuals are great!

Also, for your reference,'I am legend' with Will Smith scared the shit out of me, dunno why but it did!

Honorable mention, not the movie but the original game:  Resident Evil, playing that late at night with my cousin with all the lights off and the dogs jumping g through the windows (you had to have played it to know what im Talking about)

Yeah..the dog bit got me as well...startled not scared..lol. I had read about it before i actually played it but it still got me becuase i ddint know where in the game it was. The developers always lull you into a state of security before they spring stuff on ya. Good stuff.

My favorite is the nemesis appearances. In game 3 youre running down a narrow corridors occassionally checking cct cams and the pic is always static with nothing much shown You reach your goal at the end of the corridor and pick up what you came to get and you chk the cct camera and ..fuck...you see nemesis walk past the camera..seconds away from where you are. You panic becuase therrs no room to avoid him..try to swap in a bigger gun or dodge. You have a second or two to react. Man that gets your heart going. Again..startled not total fear lol.

Thats why i hate the RE movies. They lack the style or substance that the games had. Good for the chicks careeer plus they make her sort of superpowered or something. In RE you're human and the tension is higher becuase you csn get mauled and die any minute.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 11:28:43 PM »
Yeah..the dog bit got me as well...startled not scared..lol. I had read about it before i actually played it but it still got me becuase i ddint know where in the game it was. The developers always lull you into a state of security before they spring stuff on ya. Good stuff.

My favorite is the nemesis appearances. In game 3 youre running down a narrow corridors occassionally checking cct cams and the pic is always static with nothing much shown You reach your goal at the end of the corridor and pick up what you came to get and you chk the cct camera and ..fuck...you see nemesis walk past the camera..seconds away from where you are. You panic becuase therrs no room to avoid him..try to swap in a bigger gun or dodge. You have a second or two to react. Man that gets your heart going. Again..startled not total fear lol.

Thats why i hate the RE movies. They lack the style or substance that the games had. Good for the chicks careeer plus they make her sort of superpowered or something. In RE you're human and the tension is higher becuase you csn get mauled and die any minute.

I didn't even make it to game 2 lollll

But yeah games definitely can have a scarier feels to movie because you are the one who is in control, its your mission lol

I don't play any scary games either btw haha

kreator

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »
can't even remember how many nights i woke up drenched in sweat because of this bastard freddy :D

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2012, 05:41:00 AM »
Jurrassic Park

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2012, 09:47:54 AM »
I have a friend who dressed up as Pinhead and went to alot of effort and looked identical to him. 

Wow! thats a great movie!