Author Topic: Should Obama be meeting foreign leaders this week in UN?  (Read 874 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Should Obama be meeting foreign leaders this week in UN?
« on: September 25, 2012, 04:57:23 AM »
Bush met with a lot of foreign leaders whenever they were in NYC for the UN stuff.  Pakistan, Egypt, and many others, and he did it a lot.

Morning Joe was criticizing Obama for not having a quick 15 minute meeting with foreign leaders - in particular the new president of Egypt.  A major power in that region, brand new leader, and Obama is on the view. 

Should obama be meeting with people like him this week?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Should Obama be meeting foreign leaders this week in UN?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 05:08:08 AM »
Bush met with a lot of foreign leaders whenever they were in NYC for the UN stuff.  Pakistan, Egypt, and many others, and he did it a lot.

Morning Joe was criticizing Obama for not having a quick 15 minute meeting with foreign leaders - in particular the new president of Egypt.  A major power in that region, brand new leader, and Obama is on the view. 

You mean should oblah blah be doing his job vs going on View as "Eye Candy" or going on Letterman or hanging w Jay Z? 

To sane people who actually give a fuck about this country - yes.

To the obama slaves and c unt rags who don't give a damn about this country - they could care less. 

240 - tell the truth and be frank for once - even you have to admit this little shit show by obama lately is beyond the pale disgraceful 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 05:12:51 AM »
Why are we even in the UN?

The US out of the UN and the UN out of the US!

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 05:13:56 AM »

Oblah blah is going to blame the non-existent film again today for the failures and natural results of his policies. 

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 05:15:39 AM »

Oblah blah is going to blame the non-existent film again today for the failures and natural results of his policies. 

Haha, yes. A 10 minute trailer that had 10,000 views two weeks ago is the cause of this. Funniest joke I've heard in years.

Oh well, it's only some dead Americans. Just a bump in the road.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2012, 05:17:29 AM »
You mean should oblah blah be doing his job vs going on View as "Eye Candy" or going on Letterman or hanging w Jay Z? 
To sane people who actually give a fuck about this country - yes.
To the obama slaves and c unt rags who don't give a damn about this country - they could care less.
240 - tell the truth and be frank for once - even you have to admit this little shit show by obama lately is beyond the pale disgraceful 

It made sense to me that he shuold meet with a handful of leaders - Particularly Egypt, since it is a new leader and things are rough there now.

Would people criticize him and use it policitically?   "Look, Obama is meeting with musliim brotherhood this week..."  from Romney?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2012, 05:19:37 AM »
It made sense to me that he shuold meet with a handful of leaders - Particularly Egypt, since it is a new leader and things are rough there now.

Would people criticize him and use it policitically?   "Look, Obama is meeting with musliim brotherhood this week..."  from Romney?

Who the F cares! 

Its called being a fucking leader and doing your FNG job! 

Admit it - Obama does not give a flying fuck about this country or his obligations! 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2012, 05:31:57 AM »
Who the F cares! 
Admit it - Obama does not give a flying fuck about this country or his obligations! 

Of course he cares more about "winning this election" than "having a 15 minute meeting with egypt president he can postpone for 5 weeks".

Is this in doubt for anyone here?

In a close race, Obama meeting with muslim brotherhood leader - this close to the election....  Would Repubs really ignore the fact the prez has a job to do, and attack him for it?   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2012, 05:33:33 AM »

WAIT - you're saying republicans would attack obama - just for doing his job?

Initially, I was like "Morning Joe is 100% right..... I remember bush in the trenches talking to all these leaders.  Obama's on The View"

But then I think about Rush, Beck... oh Levin!  They'd be tearing him up for it, just for, like you said, doing his job.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2012, 05:33:47 AM »
Of course he cares more about "winning this election" than "having a 15 minute meeting with egypt president he can postpone for 5 weeks".

Is this in doubt for anyone here?

In a close race, Obama meeting with muslim brotherhood leader - this close to the election....  Would Repubs really ignore the fact the prez has a job to do, and attack him for it?   

STFU - you are still in your all kneepad all the time mode for this neo-jihadi sleeper cell terrorist Prez.  

FU

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2012, 05:34:40 AM »
WAIT - you're saying republicans would attack obama - just for doing his job?

Initially, I was like "Morning Joe is 100% right..... I remember bush in the trenches talking to all these leaders.  Obama's on The View"

But then I think about Rush, Beck... oh Levin!  They'd be tearing him up for it, just for, like you said, doing his job.

::)

STFU.   So now obama governs his presidency based on talk radio? 

Yeah - real leadership there.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2012, 05:36:10 AM »
I hope obama loses.   I just find this dynamic interesting.

I think it might be Romney also, not just pundits.

You telling me "STFU" over and over tells me all I need to know.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 05:37:10 AM »
I hope obama loses.   I just find this dynamic interesting.

You telling me "STFU" over and over tells me all I need to know.

Your kneepadding and making excuses for obama even in light of this past month speaks VOLUMES 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 05:56:07 AM »
ABC, CBS, CNN, & MSNBC Knock Obama for Campaigning

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Warner Todd Huston

25 Sep 2012, 4:04 AM PDT

Every once in a while the Old Media takes a jab at their favorite president and Obama's decision to skip any meetings with the world leaders that are gathering at the UN this week seems to be one of those times.

Just to name a few, Chuck Todd of MSNBC, CNN's Wolf Blitzer, ABC’s Jake Tapper, and the CBS Evening News all took swipes at the president for doing campaign stops, TV entertainment shows, and softball interviews instead of doing his job as our nation's chief foreign policy representative by meeting with the world leaders who are this week visiting New York at the United Nations.

CBS slapped Obama saying "diplomacy gets a backseat to campaigning" on Monday in a piece by Nancy Cordes.

Noting that last year Obama conducted "13 one-on-one meetings with major leaders," this year not so much.

But this year diplomacy is taking a back seat to campaigning, despite a worsening civil war in Syria, rising tensions between Israel and Iran, and the recent attack in Libya.

That's pretty strong words for CBS.

CNN's Wolf Blitzer had similar sentiments. Even as Blitzer talked out of both sides of his mouth, by turns claiming to understand why Obama would spend more time campaigning than dealing with diplomacy and then scolding him for avoiding world leaders, he had harsh words for Obama’s decision.

Saying it was a mistake to skip the meetings, Blitzer decided that, "there potentially is a missed opportunity this week for the President of the United States to meet with some world leaders..."

On MSNBC, former Democrat operative Chuck Todd said the move was "odd."

“The White House also argues that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton and U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice will hold meetings,” Todd said after airing a clip of Fox News’s Chris Wallace pressing Obama campaign adviser Robert Gibbs about the president's schedule. “But folks it is odd to have a president come to the United Nations and not have any bilaterals. Granted it is a campaign year, but still odd considering what’s going on in the Middle East.”

Naturally, ABC's Jake Tapper also smacked the president for his "unusual" decision to stay on the campaign trail instead of doing his job by meeting with foreign leaders.

Tapper also noted that Obama's move seemed to solidify claims by Obama's critics that he has a "rocky" relationship with Israel's Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu.

Tapper said it was an “anomaly” for the president to forego meeting with world leaders, and that “there really isn’t a full explanation that’s been forthcoming other than the president has a busy schedule.” The situation is another example of the fact that Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu have, “if not a rocky relationship, not the smoothest relationship that has ever existed between an American and Israeli leader.”

On a broader note, Tapper said it is “unusual” for the president not to be meeting with these leaders — also adding: “Certainly this friction with Netanyahu is unusual and symbolic, I think, in some ways of the tension that’s existed.”

All this tsk tsking goes to show how badly Obama is doing these last few weeks since the Middle East has erupted in flames and death and his foreign policy scheme has melted down into chaos. If Obama has even lost the Old Media to this extent, he really is in trouble.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2012, 09:16:29 PM »

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2012, 09:53:32 PM »

This. Fuck the UN.