Author Topic: LOL!!!! Now obama says to ignore the anti-islam video.  (Read 232 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
LOL!!!! Now obama says to ignore the anti-islam video.
« on: September 25, 2012, 11:04:44 AM »
Obama, to The View: 'Marginalize' Video By Ignoring It

12:28 PM, Sep 25, 2012 • By DANIEL HALPER

President Obama made the case to the ladies of The View that we should "marginalize" the infamous anti-Islam video that supposedly sparked attacks on American embassies across the world by "ignoring it."

"I don't care how offensive this video was, and it was terribly offensive. And we should shun it. But there's never an excuse for violence, never an excuse for attacking embassies, never an excuse for killing innocent people, or assaulting our diplomats. In the age of the Internet, and you know, the way that any knucklehead who says something can post it up and suddenly it travels all around the world, you know, every country has to recognize that, you know, the best way to marginalize that kind of speech is to ignore it."

The clip, though it aired today, was filmed yesterday in New York City. Today, however, the president did not ignore the video.

Instead, President Obama suggested a link between the video and the violence. "[A] crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world.  Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity," said Obama.

"It is an insult not only to Muslims, but to America as well -- for as the city outside these walls makes clear, we are a country that has welcomed people of every race and every faith.  We are home to Muslims who worship across our country.  We not only respect the freedom of religion, we have laws that protect individuals from being harmed because of how they look or what they believe.  We understand why people take offense to this video because millions of our citizens are among them.