Author Topic: Broke - QB Vince Young out of the game and out of money  (Read 5177 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Broke
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 11:31:35 PM »
$26 mil in guaranteed contract + $30 mil in endorsements.

Poor guy.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 11:36:07 PM »
Isn't he a college edjumacated texas longhorn?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 11:37:50 PM »
PED

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2012, 11:47:57 PM »
Being black, and going broke just seems to go hand in hand

Another black from rags to riches back to rags story

"Don't throw his cloths out, he will need them back when he returns to the ghetto" - trading places with Eddie Murphy

Mothballs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 12:16:23 AM »
Damn I feel terrible for him. He's had such a tough life.

kofo

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 06:23:35 AM »
Is it really that hard just to put away 10% in a bank account ? At least then he would have $5,6 mill today.

Does it take a financial genius to think like that ? Is it out of understanding for someone from a poor background ?

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »
I'm serious, why do black people's family members do this to them?  I never understood this.  I know, white people have Berard Madoff, and Enron, but the black community is supposed to be "tight".  They call each other "bro" and I'm sure they guilted this poor guy into giving them his money.  It's like that guy Marcus Dupree who was taken of all his money by some preacher.  Our very own Vince Goodrum was taken financially by his family.  Any blacks care to comment?  Not trying to be racist, because I know whites do some pretty awful things, but why do blacks seem to do it to family or community members while whitey does it to the faceless population?  Just like this tax refund guy locally who got everybody's tax refunds, then split town.  He was in a black neighborhood, and dealt with the black community, and took their money. With all the hardships blacks go through anyway, why would yo umake it hard on your own people?

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 06:59:50 AM »
Black familes are tight! Much tighter than a lot of white familes. And when you have a tight knit family that comes from nothing and someone makes it, they feel that you "owe" them b/c the family watched your back and took care of you. Also, when you come from nothing and then get a PHAT contract, you think its going to last forever. In the NFl, you are one play away from never playing again. The NFL isnt like the NBA or MLB. Some guys in the NFL have BIG guarneteed deals, but for most, they have to make the roster

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 07:11:25 AM »
Black familes are tight! Much tighter than a lot of white familes. And when you have a tight knit family that comes from nothing and someone makes it, they feel that you "owe" them b/c the family watched your back and took care of you. Also, when you come from nothing and then get a PHAT contract, you think its going to last forever. In the NFl, you are one play away from never playing again. The NFL isnt like the NBA or MLB. Some guys in the NFL have BIG guarneteed deals, but for most, they have to make the roster

Straight to the point.

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 07:37:24 AM »
Yes. And tight is admirable. But you have to build your own nest first. The 10% mentioned-yes- and buy ONE small apartment building or two rental houses- theres your residual income. THEN think about giving some away. A lot of people, blacks included, don't THINK.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 07:42:04 AM »
Cavs rookie Kyrie Irving said he puts away 50% of every pay check he got this season. Smart move. NBA players are the WORST at money management. Well, a lot of that goes to child support, abortions and alimony. Never understood why they get married at the top of their game. Look at the mess D Wade is in. Dumbass

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 08:17:06 AM »
Cavs rookie Kyrie Irving said he puts away 50% of every pay check he got this season. Smart move. NBA players are the WORST at money management. Well, a lot of that goes to child support, abortions and alimony. Never understood why they get married at the top of their game. Look at the mess D Wade is in. Dumbass

So BMC, what you're saying is, that they should NOT go RAW, SHOULD use a condom, and SHOULD pull out.  But should STILL go balls deep right?  ;D

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 08:25:09 AM »

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 08:29:23 AM »
I hide my $ from my family.  They always calling to borrow haha.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 09:07:47 AM »
So BMC, what you're saying is, that they should NOT go RAW, SHOULD use a condom, and SHOULD pull out.  But should STILL go balls deep right?  ;D

Get a vasectomy, go raw, no pull out and balls deep! Enjoy the rawness, but cut the swimmers off ;D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 09:10:23 AM »
Get a vasectomy, go raw, no pull out and balls deep! Enjoy the rawness, but cut the swimmers off ;D

BMC is a very smart man.

DroppingPlates

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team Pocahontas
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 09:17:10 AM »
Blacks & money... ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 09:18:38 AM »
Isn't he a college edjumacated texas longhorn?

If I remember correctly, he bombed the Wonderlich test.

Edit: Yeah, he did. Scored a 6 out of 50.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 09:34:04 AM »
Thats why Charles Barkley gave all of his friends and family 10,000 grand and said thats it yourdone don't ever ask me for another dime! Love Chuck!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 11:33:55 AM »

that means nothing! 

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2012, 11:37:55 AM »
The AVERAGE NFL career is 3 yrs. AVERAGE!!!!  That means most guys will make the league minimum. Best bet in the NFL is if you can stay around long enough to get a pension.

Guys need to learn to say NO. But when you say that, your "folks" will consider you a sell out for turning your back on them. Its a catch-22. Young black men are so hung up on street cred and swag. If they were smart they would put that money away, invest wisely and when their careers are done get back into coaching or go back to school. The NBA and NFL will PAY for you to go back and get your degree.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2012, 11:41:17 AM »
there was report that he was dropping, $5,000 a week eating at the cheese cake factory

MB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2012, 11:41:39 AM »

This doesn't bode well for Morris Claiborne and the 4 he scored on the Wonderlic.