Author Topic: Max Keiser predicts Global Collapse by April  (Read 3882 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Max Keiser predicts Global Collapse by April
« on: September 26, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Max Keiser: Global Collapse By April

w

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
Re: Max Keiser predicts Global Collapse by April
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 02:20:45 PM »
Not for folks like you and me, right 24KT?  We'll be buying our survival gear with cumbersome bars of gold!  I figure they'll hold their trading value just fine when I'm buying my survival batch of canned food and matches after the paper currency collapses.
Y

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 02:39:25 PM »
Not for folks like you and me, right 24KT?  We'll be buying our survival gear with cumbersome bars of gold!  I figure they'll hold their trading value just fine when I'm buying my survival batch of canned food and matches after the paper currency collapses.

I'm not into cumbersome bars of gold.
I only use 999.9 pure 24KT LBMA certified gold in smaller, more transaction friendly weights from karatbars

And I keep it in storage off shore where thieves and greedy governments can't get to it. By keeping it in storage, I can trade small fractions of a gram to merchants for goods & services online, or I can go to one of the many K-Exchange points popping up all over the globe, and trade directly, or get cash... my choice. It leaves me completely flexible.
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 04:31:07 PM »
I only use 999.9 pure 24KT LBMA certified gold in smaller, more transaction friendly weights from karatbars

And I keep it in storage off shore where thieves and greedy governments can't get to it. By keeping it in storage, I can trade small fractions of a gram to merchants for goods & services online, or I can go to one of the many K-Exchange points popping up all over the globe, and trade directly, or get cash... my choice. It leaves me completely flexible.
Dude, knock this shit off. Its 99.9% pure, you can't have something nearly 1000% pure, that makes absolutely no sense. Jesus Christ.
You'd think after avxo ridiculed you enough you'd figure it out.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 07:39:19 PM »

If there is a global collapse, as Max Keiser predicts, I don't know that your little plastic-wrapped gold flakes will be any good. Especially if you don't have them on hand. After all, should such a collapse occur, one wonders whether you'll be able to go online to "trade fractions of a gram" for anything.

As for the other half of your off-shore storage which will, supposedly, keep your "wealth" from being stolen by thieves and governments... Is that storage facility located in a country with no government?

And besides, in a case of a collapse, who guarantees you that the very people "guarding" your "wealth" won't steal it? After all, it's valuable, and amidst the chaos and confusion, who or what would stop them! And in the aftermath of a global collapse what recourse would you have against them?

And the simpler question - in the aftermath of a global collapse, like the one that you fear, what makes you think anyone would even care to trade for gold? Historically, during disasters, civil unrest, etc. the things that go up in value are the essentials of survival: clean water, food, salt, preserved meats, etc. Not shiny metals with little practical value in the aftermath of a global collapse.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 09:20:15 PM »
Dude, knock this shit off. Its 99.9% pure, you can't have something nearly 1000% pure, that makes absolutely no sense. Jesus Christ.
You'd think after avxo ridiculed you enough you'd figure it out.

ummm... YOU put the % in, not me. I said 999.9 pure. Would you have preferred I said 999.9 fine instead?
w

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 10:20:20 PM »
ummm... YOU put the % in, not me. I said 999.9 pure. Would you have preferred I said 999.9 fine instead?
Ok, so what in the hell is 999.9 pure if not a percentage? What does that value indicate?

hazbin

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 10:21:39 PM »

i have a couple of 1oz. coins that are 5 nine purity.    99.999% pure. supposedly the purest gold in the world

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 11:50:30 PM »
If there is a global collapse, as Max Keiser predicts, I don't know that your little plastic-wrapped gold flakes will be any good. Especially if you don't have them on hand. After all, should such a collapse occur, one wonders whether you'll be able to go online to "trade fractions of a gram" for anything.

These are very reasonable questions.

First off let me state they are not "little plastic-wrapped gold flakes" They are 1 gram ingots sealed in plastic cards, the size of  credit cards, that contain numerious security features that make them tamper-proof.

Tungsten laced gold bars popped up in China, then Europe, ...and now in Manhatten. Years ago the Tungsten laced gold bars were traced based on their serial numbers and they came from the US Mint. Karatbars are non-counterfeitable and tamper-proof, but more importantly, ...they are produced by a LBMA refinery. The certification for it's weight & purity travels with the actual gold piece itself.

This is important because 24 KT 999.9 LBMA Good Delivery Gold is accepted by banks & governments worldwide as a form of payment, and  for the settlement of debts. No other gold enjoys the same level of acceptance worldwide.

As for the other half of your off-shore storage which will, supposedly, keep your "wealth" from being stolen by thieves and governments... Is that storage facility located in a country with no government?

And besides, in a case of a collapse, who guarantees you that the very people "guarding" your "wealth" won't steal it? After all, it's valuable, and amidst the chaos and confusion, who or what would stop them! And in the aftermath of a global collapse what recourse would you have against them?

If one wonders whether you'll be able to go online to trade fractions of a gram, or if the independent storage facility that is part of the World Gold Council won't simply steal your gold, ...well that is a reasonable supposition, however, the same question can be asked of cash in paper money bank accounts, as well as any other electronic trading account. Especially in light of the MF Global scandals, LIBOR, etc., skepticism is understandable. If that is someone's concern, then I would think that the solution to that would be to simply take delivery of the gold bars and store them yourself. The choice is up to you. Just like you have a choice to put your paper money in a bank, ...or stuff it in your mattress. Your gold account, your choice whether to keep it in storage, ...or take physical delivery.

And the simpler question - in the aftermath of a global collapse, like the one that you fear, what makes you think anyone would even care to trade for gold? Historically, during disasters, civil unrest, etc. the things that go up in value are the essentials of survival: clean water, food, salt, preserved meats, etc. Not shiny metals with little practical value in the aftermath of a global collapse.

I believe that an economic reset will occur, and gold will HAVE to revalue. When it does the value of karatbars goes up as well.

That means that a karatbar that previously was valued at $60 could quickly be valued at $300+ keeping pace or surpassing the rate of inflation because karatbars are not backed by gold, karatbars are GOLD. They are the highest asset class of gold, in the highest purity, ...and at the lowest price available.

What karatbars brings to the table is not simply the ability to protect the purchasing power of our money, ...but also a means of exchange using gold. With our K-Exchange centers (businesses, merchants etc who have agreed to accept karatbars as a form of payment in exchange for goods or services) popping up all over the world, those who hold karatbars, have a convenient location where they can exchange their karatbars back into cash should they find themselves with a quick need for cash, ...or a place where they can exchange those karatbars for goods or services.

Again if Max's prediction of gold rising to $7,000 oz comes to fruition, that $60 karatbar becomes valued at $300+

I realize that would be small comfort if that bottle of wine goes from $60 in Sept 2012 to $300 in 2015, however, the purchasing power of the $60 of fiat paper that you exchanged into a karatbar in 2012 will have maintained it's purchasing power.

Karatbars is NOT about making money on the buying & selling of gold. It is about creating a form of protection using gold, which preserves the purchasing power of our money. It is in my opinion the only safe haven left standing for individuals, families & business entities to defend / protect themselves from the misguided, or improper decisions of bankers and politicians regardless of whichever party is in power.

If people are empowered with a hedge against inflation, or imminent hyperinflation, which appears guaranteed now that the Fed has announced a policy of QE to infinity, commerce does not come to a standstill during any difficult or challenging period of economic reset. Karatbars doesn't seek to compete against governments. Infact, karatbars may actually assist governments.

In the event of an economic collapse, where the paper money goes the same route as Zimbabwe currency, having a supply of transaction friendly weights of tamper-proof gold that people can exchange for goods & services means less people turning to the government for support.

As for what makes me think Gold will have any value in an economic collapse? ...it's track record for the past 6,000 yrs.
It's has proven itself to be a solid inflation free stabilizing form of exchange that in the end always wins out over any other form of currency because of it's unique qualities. Gold above all else is uniquely positioned to serve as money, and has throughout all previous episodes of economic upheavals proven itself. Fiat paper currencies have a consistent track record of their own as well... Of the 4,000 fiat paper currencies previously issued... every single one of them has gone to their true value of zero. I think it would be rather arrogant & presumptive of us to think the Federal Reserve note will somehow miraculously be any different and will somehow manage to escape the same fate as all the previous fiat paper currencies that came before it.

If food, fresh water, salt etc., go up in value, I think it's safe to say that you better have karatbars so you can afford to get more food, fresh water, salt etc., if when troubles occur.

This is the only post I will be making about karatbars in this thread. This thread is about Max Keiser's prediction. Please do not try to steer it off topic.

If you'd like to know more about karatbars, why not simply www.ViewTheInfo.com
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 11:59:50 PM »
i have a couple of 1oz. coins that are 5 nine purity.    99.999% pure. supposedly the purest gold in the world

Wow, that Canadian Maple Leaf looks a little different than how I remember it.

I have to confess I have never seen 5 nines before.

Anyway, The Canadian Maple Leaf 999.9 fine is a slightly higher purity than American Gold Eagles which are 999.5. Even though they are 999.9 they still contain an alloy in order to make the coin durable.
w

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 04:19:51 AM »
Upon global collapse the limited edition, glow in the dark Canadian Dinosaur coin will be the only currency worth anything.  Those who know and prepare will rule.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/article/1159649--royal-canadian-mint-makes-glow-in-the-dark-dinosaur-coin
Y

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 05:48:30 AM »
infowars is pure bullshit, this guy is a fucking moron.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 06:15:34 AM »
Ok, so what in the hell is 999.9 pure if not a percentage? What does that value indicate?

The 999.9 actually means 999.9‰ or 999.9 out of 1000 - also called millesimal fineness.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 06:28:40 AM »
There will never be a complete economic collapse....especially a global one. 
A

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 07:02:14 AM »
First off let me state they are not "little plastic-wrapped gold flakes" They are 1 gram ingots sealed in plastic cards, the size of  credit cards, that contain numerious security features that make them tamper-proof.

1 gram "ingots" are basically large gold flakes. They are about 8mm x 12mm if I did the math right.

Tungsten laced gold bars popped up in China, then Europe, ...and now in Manhatten. Years ago the Tungsten laced gold bars were traced based on their serial numbers and they came from the US Mint.

Are you suggesting that the U.S. Mint put out gold bars that had tungsten cores? Because it sounds a lot more likely that someone bought these bars, and

Karatbars are non-counterfeitable and tamper-proof, but more importantly, ...they are produced by a LBMA refinery.

First of all, there's no such thing as tamper-proof. It would take nothing more than a small crucible to melt the fancy plastic lining and extract the gold which doesn't melt until about 1000° C. At best, the plastic cards are tamper-evident.

The certification for it's weight & purity travels with the actual gold piece itself.

The certification of a bar's weight and purity also travels with any bar from a reputable refinery itself, but that doesn't prevent a bar from being manipulated. The plastic shell in this case helps, but it's really only useful because the amount of gold it encases is miniscule.

This is important because 24 KT 999.9 LBMA Good Delivery Gold is accepted by banks & governments worldwide as a form of payment, and  for the settlement of debts. No other gold enjoys the same level of acceptance worldwide.

No banks or governments accept gold for the settlement of debts. If you want proof, walk into any bank and try to deposit 1 ounce of gold in your checking account. Or try to pay your taxes with gold bars. Good delivery bars are accepted for settlements. But not of debts. Of trades. In the bullion market. For a supposed "expert" you don't seem to know much, and when you do know something, it's often only half of the story.

If one wonders whether you'll be able to go online to trade fractions of a gram, or if the independent storage facility that is part of the World Gold Council won't simply steal your gold, ...well that is a reasonable supposition, however, the same question can be asked of cash in paper money bank accounts, as well as any other electronic trading account.

Of course. But you will notice that I said that items that rapidly become valuable are things like water, food, salt, etc.

If that is someone's concern, then I would think that the solution to that would be to simply take delivery of the gold bars and store them yourself. The choice is up to you. Just like you have a choice to put your paper money in a bank, ...or stuff it in your mattress. Your gold account, your choice whether to keep it in storage, ...or take physical delivery.

What good would it do me in the case of a global collapse? What incentive would someone have to trade food for a plastic-encased piece of metal that has no practical use in ensuring immediate survival?

I believe that an economic reset will occur, and gold will HAVE to revalue. When it does the value of karatbars goes up as well.

Revalues work both ways - it could very well go down. But let's no think of that. Happy thoughts. Happy thoughts. ::)

That means that a karatbar that previously was valued at $60 could quickly be valued at $300+ keeping pace or surpassing the rate of inflation because karatbars are not backed by gold, karatbars are GOLD. They are the highest asset class of gold, in the highest purity, ...and at the lowest price available.

It's very doubtful that they are at the lowest price available. Forget about buying gold in larger quantities, let's focus on the "1 gram" market. Put up a 1 gram "bar" by, say, Credit Suisse next to a card by Karatbars. Observe, one is just a small chunk of metal, easily made using casting techniques, the other is wrapped in plastic and has some tamper-evident markers. All other things being equal, the cost of the plastic and the process by which the gold is sealed inside the plastic cost money. Money that Karatbars has to pay but Credit Suisse does not. So how could Karatbars afford to sell the gold more cheaply, per gram, than Credit Suisse? Hmm... ;)

What karatbars brings to the table is not simply the ability to protect the purchasing power of our money, ...but also a means of exchange using gold. With our K-Exchange centers (businesses, merchants etc who have agreed to accept karatbars as a form of payment in exchange for goods or services) popping up all over the world, those who hold karatbars, have a convenient location where they can exchange their karatbars back into cash should they find themselves with a quick need for cash, ...or a place where they can exchange those karatbars for goods or services.

Wait... I thought you said that I could walk into a bank and get cash for my fancy plastic gold. Something about good delivery bars and certification and whatnot. Now I need exchange centers? And how exactly can I buy $20 worth of gasoline with a Karatbar that's worth $60 and get my change back in gold?

Again if Max's prediction of gold rising to $7,000 oz comes to fruition, that $60 karatbar becomes valued at $300+
I realize that would be small comfort if that bottle of wine goes from $60 in Sept 2012 to $300 in 2015, however, the purchasing power of the $60 of fiat paper that you exchanged into a karatbar in 2012 will have maintained it's purchasing power.[/quote]

But before buying it, I'll have to figure out a way to convert my Karatbars into actual paper money that's legal tender and which the wine merchant will accept. Which means finding a "convenient" location, if one is around you. By the way I'm in Las Vegas - where's my convenient location?

In the event of an economic collapse, where the paper money goes the same route as Zimbabwe currency, having a supply of transaction friendly weights of tamper-proof gold that people can exchange for goods & services means less people turning to the government for support.

Again, Karatbars are not tamper-proof. They're, at best, tamper-evident. As for it being in "transaction friendly weights" again I have to disagree. $60 isn't very transaction friendly if your transaction is "buy $12 worth of ground beef" or "buy $17.50 worth of McDonalds" since no change can be given.

As for what makes me think Gold will have any value in an economic collapse? ...it's track record for the past 6,000 yrs.
It's has proven itself to be a solid inflation free stabilizing form of exchange that in the end always wins out over any other form of currency because of it's unique qualities. Gold above all else is uniquely positioned to serve as money, and has throughout all previous episodes of economic upheavals proven itself. Fiat paper currencies have a consistent track record of their own as well... Of the 4,000 fiat paper currencies previously issued... every single one of them has gone to their true value of zero. I think it would be rather arrogant & presumptive of us to think the Federal Reserve note will somehow miraculously be any different and will somehow manage to escape the same fate as all the previous fiat paper currencies that came before it.

Inflation is one thing. Economic collapse is another.

If food, fresh water, salt etc., go up in value, I think it's safe to say that you better have karatbars so you can afford to get more food, fresh water, salt etc., if when troubles occur.

Why would anyone want to trade food that can help them stay alive for something that doesn't unless Karatbars also come in strawberry?

This is the only post I will be making about karatbars in this thread. This thread is about Max Keiser's prediction. Please do not try to steer it off topic.

You are the one that started posting about how gold is a hedge against this impending economic collapse. I merely answered.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2012, 08:42:01 AM »
There will never be a complete economic collapse....especially a global one. 

What makes you say this, Vince?

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2012, 08:43:45 AM »
Max Keiser: Global Collapse By April

Dear a_ahmed, Max Keiser can keise my asse.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 12:20:36 PM »
What makes you say this, Vince?

Because there's always going to be production, extraction, and barter.  Even the most third world countries have this.  Money doesn't run out...it simply exchanges hands for goods and services.   
A

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 12:29:30 PM »
5.56 and 9mm weapons, ammo is plentiful
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2012, 03:22:02 PM »

Because there's always going to be production, extraction, and barter.  Even the most third world countries have this.  Money doesn't run out...it simply exchanges hands for goods and services.  

To be fair, an environment that we'd call "third world" could be considered identical to a collapsed financial state.