Author Topic: Slipping Away  (Read 5828 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Slipping Away
« on: September 26, 2012, 03:49:24 PM »
Good stuff!   ;D ;)

Sept 26, 2012

The best indication of how Mitt Romney would handle a disaster is how he’s handling his campaign right now—it’s not only a disaster, it’s a disaster that he created. New polls show Obama widening his lead in the crucial swing states of Ohio and Florida. For Mitt, that’s two swings, and two misses. Obama is leading in the state that’s round on the ends and “hi” in the middle. And he’s leading in the state that’s... well, that’s Florida. Florida is just phallic, from its Pensacola to its Tortugas. Those even sound like things you’d see on a doctor’s chart of the male genitalia. “Your Pensacola is sore because you’ve got Dry Tortugas. Try some ointment.”

On the campaign trail, Mitt Romney admitted that President Obama did not raise taxes. It was an accident—once again, Mitt created such a circle of lies that he came 360 degrees around to the truth. Mitt! Your whole campaign is built on lies. You should know not to say certain things just from the fact that they are true. Of course, as soon as they found out that Mitt had accidentally said something true, his campaign issued a correction. Well, I guess you would have to call it an “in-correction.” Mitt is living proof that it’s easy enough to lie, but it’s rather difficult to lie consistently.

Mitt is trying to use Paul Ryan to save his campaign. He actually has to use Ryan to appeal to his own base. We’re well into the general election, and Mitt still hasn’t really won the primary! Now Romney and Ryan are campaigning together. The campaign is hoping that Ryan can draw crowds, where they can try to force Mitt Romney down their throat. It’s like when you have to give your dog a pill so you wrap it in something they like. Mitt Romney is a de-worming pill, and Paul Ryan is a scoop of peanut butter.

The deadline for Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin to drop out of the Senate race in Missouri has come and gone—and so has any chance the Republicans had of winning the Senate race in Missouri. As soon as the deadline to withdraw passed, Akin’s Democratic opponent Claire McCaskill released an ad documenting the “top 10 crazy Akin moments.” I’m sure that took some selective editing—not to make the quotes sound crazy, to edit it down to 10!

!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Re: Slipping Away
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 04:02:58 PM »
I wish we had a better republican candiate and reasonable conservative side.
I was a registered republican from 1979 to 1999 and swicthed to the democrats and dablbled in Ron Paul libertarianism.
I voted for Reagan twice and was in awe of him when he was my President as a US Marine.
I admire George HW Bush ( pres # 41) and voted for him twice. I even voted for ol' Bob Dole in 1996 ( never voted for Clinton).
I saw the GOP get more into religion and conservative social issues from 1996 onward.
The old ,smart , fiscal conservative/ social moderates of the past, have pretty much faded into history and that troubles me.
I fear that the tea party/ Sarah Palin types have taken over the republican party and their influence is all too obvious.
We need two sides on any serious debate in GOV and both sides need to listen.

While I am not thrilled with everything that Pres. Obama and the dems try, they are light years closer to what I think good government should be. Like many of my generation, I often hear myself asking this rhetorical question:
" Ronald Reagan II, where are YOU?"

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 04:23:27 PM »
I was a registered republican from 1979 to 1999 and swicthed to the democrats and dablbled in Ron Paul libertarianism.
I voted for Reagan twice and was in awe of him when he was my President as a US Marine.
I admire George HW Bush ( pres # 41) and voted for him twice. I even voted for ol' Bob Dole in 1996 ( never voted for Clinton).
I saw the GOP get more into religion and conservative social issues from 1996 onward.
The old ,smart , fiscal conservative/ social moderates of the past, have pretty much faded into history and that troubles me.
I fear that the tea party/ Sarah Palin types have taken over the republican party and their influence is all too obvious.

While I am not thrilled with everything that Pres. Obama and the dems try, they are light years closer to what I think good government should be. Like many of my generation, I often hear myself asking this rhetorical question:

Reagan was a senile, bigoted, race-baiting piece of garbage.  ;)
Hope this helps...but I doubt it.  :P
!

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »

Yet at the time 49 states besides Minnesota  disagree with you back in 84.. ::)

Country is too divided, both sides are shit! Thought you'd understand this.

Hope this helps

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 04:41:11 PM »
Benny, you never answered my question from yesterday.

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 04:43:19 PM »
Good stuff!   ;D ;)

Sept 26, 2012

The best indication of how Mitt Romney would handle a disaster is how he’s handling his campaign right now—it’s not only a disaster, it’s a disaster that he created. New polls show Obama widening his lead in the crucial swing states of Ohio and Florida. For Mitt, that’s two swings, and two misses. Obama is leading in the state that’s round on the ends and “hi” in the middle. And he’s leading in the state that’s... well, that’s Florida. Florida is just phallic, from its Pensacola to its Tortugas. Those even sound like things you’d see on a doctor’s chart of the male genitalia. “Your Pensacola is sore because you’ve got Dry Tortugas. Try some ointment.”

On the campaign trail, Mitt Romney admitted that President Obama did not raise taxes. It was an accident—once again, Mitt created such a circle of lies that he came 360 degrees around to the truth. Mitt! Your whole campaign is built on lies. You should know not to say certain things just from the fact that they are true. Of course, as soon as they found out that Mitt had accidentally said something true, his campaign issued a correction. Well, I guess you would have to call it an “in-correction.” Mitt is living proof that it’s easy enough to lie, but it’s rather difficult to lie consistently.

Mitt is trying to use Paul Ryan to save his campaign. He actually has to use Ryan to appeal to his own base. We’re well into the general election, and Mitt still hasn’t really won the primary! Now Romney and Ryan are campaigning together. The campaign is hoping that Ryan can draw crowds, where they can try to force Mitt Romney down their throat. It’s like when you have to give your dog a pill so you wrap it in something they like. Mitt Romney is a de-worming pill, and Paul Ryan is a scoop of peanut butter.

The deadline for Todd “Legitimate Rape” Akin to drop out of the Senate race in Missouri has come and gone—and so has any chance the Republicans had of winning the Senate race in Missouri. As soon as the deadline to withdraw passed, Akin’s Democratic opponent Claire McCaskill released an ad documenting the “top 10 crazy Akin moments.” I’m sure that took some selective editing—not to make the quotes sound crazy, to edit it down to 10!

:-*

The published polling in this year’s presidential race is unusually inaccurate because this is the first election in which who votes determines how they vote. Obama’s massive leads among blacks, Latinos, young people, and single women vie with Romney’s margin among the elderly, married white women, and white men. Tell me your demographic and I’ll tell you who you’re voting for and I’ll be right at least two times out of three!

Most pollsters are weighting their data on the assumption that the 2012 electorate will turn out in the same proportion as the 2008 voters did. But polling indicates a distinct lack of enthusiasm for the president among his core constituency. He’ll still carry them by heavy margins, but the turnout will likely lag behind the 2008 stats. (The 2008 turnout was totally unlike that in other years with all-time historic high turnouts among Obama’s main demographic groups).

Specifically, most pollsters are using 2008 party preferences to weight their 2012 survey samples, reflecting a much larger Democratic preference than is now really the case.

In my own polling, I found a lurch to the Democrats right after their convention, but subsequent research indicates that it has since petered out. Indeed, when one compares party identification in the August and September polls of this year in swing states, the Democratic Party identification is flat while the ranks of Republicans rose by an average of two points per state.

Pollster Scott Rasmussen has the best solution to the party id problem. He weights his polls to reflect the unweighted party identification of the previous three weeks, so he has a dynamic model which adjusts for sampling error but still takes account of gradual changes in the electorate’s partisan preferences.

Finally, with Obama below 50% of the vote in most swing states, he is hitting up against a glass ceiling in the high 40s. He can’t get past it except in heavily Democratic states like New York or California. The first time Obama breaks 50 will not be on Election Day. Either he consistently polls above 50% of the vote or he won’t ever get there in the actual vote.

So here’s where the race really stands today based on Rasmussen’s polling:

• Romney leads decisively in all states McCain carried (173 electoral votes).

• Romney is more than ten points ahead in Indiana – which Obama carried. (11 electoral votes)

• Romney leads Obama in the following states the president carried in 2008: Iowa (44-47) North Carolina (45-51), Colorado (45-47), and New Hampshire (45-48). He’ll probably win them all. (34 electoral votes).

This comes to 218 of the 270 Romney needs. But…

• Obama is below 50% of the vote in a handful of key swing states and leads Romney by razor thin margins in each one. All these states will go for Romney unless and until Obama can show polling support of 50% of the vote:

• Obama leads in Ohio (47-46) and Virginia (49-48) by only 1 point (31 electoral votes)

• Obama leads in Florida (48-460) and Nevada (47-45) by only 2 points (35 electoral votes)

If Romney carries Ohio, Virginia, and Florida, he wins. And other states are in play.

• Obama leads in Wisconsin (49-46) by only 3 points (10 electoral votes)

• Obama’s lead in Michigan is down to four points according to a recent statewide poll

• Obama is only getting 51% of the vote in Pennsylvania and 53% in New Jersey. And don’t count out New Mexico.

It would be accurate to describe the race now as tied. But Romney has the edge because:

• The incumbent is under 50% in key states and nationally. He will probably lose any state where he is below 50% of the vote.

• The Republican enthusiasm and likelihood of voting is higher

• The GOP field organization is better.

That’s the real state of play today.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2012, 04:49:40 PM »
Yet at the time 49 states besides Minnesota  disagree with you back in 84.. ::)

Country is too divided, both sides are shit! Thought you'd understand this.

Hope this helps
None of what you stated was anything I did not already know, nor does it negate anything I stated, as what I wrote is ACTUAL and FACTUAL.  ;)

So...no. Your comment most certainly did NOT help.
!

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2012, 04:51:44 PM »
None of what you stated was anything I did not already know, nor does it negate anything I stated, as what I wrote is ACTUAL and FACTUAL;)

Awwww shit Benny B taking it back to TLC!

"1"

Bevo

• Getbig V
  • Middle Urinal at Buc-ee’s
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 05:03:08 PM »
None of what you stated was anything I did not already know, nor does it negate anything I stated, as what I wrote is ACTUAL and FACTUAL.  ;)

Well , i was answering what u said about reagan being garbage yet he won pretty much the entire countrys votes... 2 terms too

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »
Its obvious that the elites, as it was in 2004, would prefer to keep the current regime in charge.  They prefer 'stability of course' which Obama provides for them.

But go ahead and vote...you'll be making a difference ::)

syntaxmachine

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2012, 05:21:29 PM »

Well , i was answering what u said about reagan being garbage yet he won pretty much the entire countrys votes... 2 terms too

Reagan's vote shares were 51% in 1980 and 59% (both rounded up) in 1984, for a whopping 55% average. In what universe does this constitute "pretty much the entire country's vote"?

And anyway, even if he had won by a huge margin, that doesn't mean he didn't suck as a president. Popularity does not equal performance, or at least not necessarily so.

CatInHat

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »

no different from u racist nig

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2012, 06:11:19 PM »
  So who wins?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »
Its obvious that the elites, as it was in 2004, would prefer to keep the current regime in charge.  They prefer 'stability of course' which Obama provides for them.

But go ahead and vote...you'll be making a difference ::)
Go ahead and stay home...you'll not only be making a difference, but you'll have every right to complain.  ::)
idiot

Why numbnuts like this who decry that voting doesn't matter, yet respond to a thread having to do with politics is something I will never understand.
!

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 06:20:11 PM »
Still avoiding my question Benny?

US MUSL

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 06:40:39 PM »
What if: What if Obama wins the popular vote and Romney wins the Electoral College? Riots?

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 06:54:38 PM »
What if: What if Obama wins the popular vote and Romney wins the Electoral College? Riots?

If that were to happen then Mitt wins, but statistically speaking the electoral college adds up for Obama as it stands now.

Riots?  I doubt it.  The American liberals will be disappointed for a few weeks, but just like anything else, they will recover.

Frankly, even though I am financially conservative due to their approach with taxes, I am not a fan of Mitt Romney.  I would have picked Ron Paul or Gingrich way before I would have ever picked Mitt.

"1"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 06:56:03 PM »
Go ahead and stay home...you'll not only be making a difference, but you'll have every right to complain.  ::)
idiot

Why numbnuts like this who decry that voting doesn't matter, yet respond to a thread having to do with politics is something I will never understand.
He has every right to complain, whether he votes or not. Just because someone doesn't want to give his vote to either candidate (or believes the system is broken) doesn't mean he has no right to complain.
As long as someone is a US citizen, works, and contributes to the system, they have a right to complain.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 07:03:34 PM »

Close your cock holster your liberal queen
X

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 08:06:32 PM »

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2012, 09:07:59 PM »

While I am not thrilled with everything that Pres. Obama and the dems try, they are light years closer to what I think good government should be

All reasonable statements, ...especially that last one, now that Ron Paul is out of contention.

The Republicans screwed themselves by not allowing Ron Paul to accept the clear mandate he was given,
...instead, they tried to use the support Ron Paul handed them, ...but they can't even keep that. 

Like many of my generation, I often hear myself asking this rhetorical question:

Now you're scaring me. lol. I didn't care for that man one bit.

My knowledge of Reagan goes back much farther than his record as Governor of California.
McCarthyism was not a fun period in America, and Reagan played a prominent role. There is far too much dirt that was swept under the rug, and concealed from the general public from his days as President of The Screen Actors Guild for me to ever be in awe of that man, ...or to wish for his second coming.

There's even more that could be added to Benny's comments, but I will simply let it stand.

In my opinion, the only thing Reagan did right, was in surviving the assassination attempt made on his life.
I thought that was a good thing. If GH wanted to be president, he'd have to win the post not conveniently step into it.

I did think it rather amusingly fitting that when he left office and got a payoff of a Bel air mansion,
...the house number was 666. They had to petition the city to change the number to 668.

BTW: Those of you who can remember that far back, ...didn't you think it rather odd that when it as reported that there had been an assassination attempt made on Reagan's life, that Gen. Alexander Haig immediately came out and told the nation that HE was in charge? Didn't you find that the least bit odd? I mean, the lines of succession are pretty clear. Any 4th grader knows the VP succedes the POTUS. How could Haig not know this? How could a man rise to the rank of General, and not know this? ...unless he did know it, ...but felt there might be a problem with a GH swearing in if Reagan died? Hmmmm... makes ya wonder doesn't it? That question has been haunting me since it happened.
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
Intrade 75.2 % chance obama win.

Fivethirtyeight.com = 81.9% obama win.

Gallup Obama leading 50 to 44.

Romney better bring some PAIN to obama at these debates. 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2012, 12:22:48 AM »
Intrade 75.2 % chance obama win.

Fivethirtyeight.com = 81.9% obama win.

Gallup Obama leading 50 to 44.

Romney better bring some PAIN to obama at these debates. 

LOL, ...something tells me the only PAIN we're going to see at the debates are Romney supporters writhing around on the floor crying, cringing & screaming in pain over his performance against Obama.

Republicans should take comfort that GWB never had to debate Obama. Could you have pictured it?

Still I'm thinking Obama vs. Romney in a debate is a Republican train reck waiting to happen.
I'm almost tempted to tune in, ...just for the laughs.
w

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2012, 07:07:07 AM »
If voting could change the system it would be against the law.
If not voting could change the system it would be against the law.

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2012, 07:19:56 AM »
LOL, ...something tells me the only PAIN we're going to see at the debates are Romney supporters writhing around on the floor crying, cringing & screaming in pain over his performance against Obama.

Republicans should take comfort that GWB never had to debate Obama. Could you have pictured it?

Still I'm thinking Obama vs. Romney in a debate is a Republican train reck waiting to happen.
I'm almost tempted to tune in, ...just for the laughs.

Its gonna be entertaining for sure ;D