Author Topic: Another Old Fart coming out wishing he never stepped foot on the Grid Iron  (Read 7041 times)

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
Re: Another Old Fart coming out wishing he never stepped foot on the Grid Iron
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2012, 07:37:46 PM »
The reason my kid plays only one sport...baseball.

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2012, 04:58:07 AM »
The reason my kid plays only one sport...baseball.

That way he can remain a genius his whole life!

Do they place the kids by height or age out there?
Y

epic_alien

« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »
The issue has to do with the NFL's knowledge of concussions during the years McMahon played and earlier.  It is alleged that the NFL knew that when a player gets a concussion, they should be taken out of the game and rest of x amount of days.  While the NFL was armed with this knowledge, they allegedly told the trainers and doctors to give the players immediately clearance to continue playing.  It is alleged that the NFL did this to keep players playing and therefore, to make more money.  Many of the players from 20+ years ago are suffering from dementia and the like because they didn't get the requisite time off after suffering concussions.  Again, it's being alleged that the NFL knew this would be the result and not only withheld the information from the players, but also told the trainers and doctors to give the players clearance.  How can this be proven?  I don't know, we will have to stay tuned.

Regarding the idea that getting a concussion and continuing to play football is common sense, look at high school, college, and the NFL's serious rule change regarding concussions.  If a player gets a concussion nowadays, they don't go near the field.  This story was all over the news a few years back because IT WAS NEWS.  Prior to a few years ago, players would get a concussion and continue because they were manly....or in the NFL's case...because the doctors cleared them when they shouldn't have done so.

the players signed waivers to play. they wanted to play, its normal to want to keep going when your the best at what you do, regardless of consequences. no one forced them to play, doctors dont control anyone,
by the way are you obama supporter, and on welfare?

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2012, 07:36:53 AM »
I once met a guy that played with McMahon, and I asked him if Jim was a loon or was it an act. He just shook his head, rolled his eyes, and said it was no act; the guy was out there. 

SLYY

• Getbig IV
  • A mug only your mom could love...
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2012, 10:42:03 AM »
the players signed waivers to play. they wanted to play, its normal to want to keep going when your the best at what you do, regardless of consequences. no one forced them to play, doctors dont control anyone,
by the way are you obama supporter, and on welfare?

Your inability to comprehend the difference between an explanation and a stance on an issue is anything but amusing; in fact, it’s a clear indication that our tax paying remedial reading classes are unsuccessful.  Moreover, your waiver comment sheds light on your ignorance regarding the law and what is being alleged by the NFL players.  I would suggest you put your magic panties on and discuss less complicated subject matter.   

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2012, 10:57:14 AM »
I'm sure many players wanted to get back in and play no matter what the doctor said.  The issue here is whether the NFL should have disallowed that, at least with regard to concussions.  The answer will not only the based on whether the allegations against the NFL are true, but whether they can be proven.

Interesting if the NFL could be liable for ALLOWING these men to play with head injuries ?
I often wonder if the IFBB could be liable for allowing the pros to use unlimited banned drugs with no actual testing?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2012, 11:03:20 AM »
Your inability to comprehend the difference between an explanation and a stance on an issue is anything but amusing; in fact, it’s a clear indication that our tax paying remedial reading classes are unsuccessful.  Moreover, your waiver comment sheds light on your ignorance regarding the law and what is being alleged by the NFL players.  I would suggest you put your magic panties on and discuss less complicated subject matter.   
BINGO! I would assume the case hinges on how RESONSIBLE the courts consider the NFL to be in this matter.
If they knowingly allowed and therefore approved of men with concussions  playing , was a serious risk, they could be liable.

I don't think it is legal to have any organization approve and sanction activity that is a clear and obvious danger to the parties involved.

orion

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 03:54:57 PM »
Very sad to see.  He was a pussy pulling machine in his heydey.  I enjoyed watching him play, he drove Ditka nuts.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
  Imagine finding a big black man rubbing you with oil   LMMFAO   :D   at Bas

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 04:05:47 PM »
ROZELLE.