Author Topic: "Sam Bacile" locked up! :D  (Read 5740 times)

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Re: "Sam Bacile" locked up! :D
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2012, 07:45:42 PM »
I don't believe making this film, no matter how personally distasteful I may find it, merits "punishment."

But for everything he did, the actors could sue him on any number of grounds.

I haven't read all the details, so perhaps I'm missing something, but I fail to see what criminal acts he performed, in making this "movie." Can you, perhaps, tell us what those acts that merit criminal punishment are and how they directly connected to the "movie" in question? And please, remember, offending people is not a crime.
It seems it is when it's Islam thats being offended, lol. But it's cool for them to say whatever they want about other religions, just better not insult theirs.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 02:28:49 PM »
My question still stands - what LAW did he break? Both of our opinions on the matter are irrelevant.

Do I think his lying to the cast is wrong? Yes. Is my opinion on morality law? It is not.

And I do believe in freedom of speech, the ONLY thing I would have a problem with is his lying to the cast. But if he broke no laws, then why the fuck is he in jail?

You guys that think he belongs in jail because he slandered your religion, well you need to go kill yourselves for being such whiny, sensitive bitches.

I think one of his parole terms was not to use an alias, which is what he broke.

The law isn't always perfect.  Oftentimes LE will want to put a scumbag behind bars but will choose the easiest route to legally do so (in this case the fact that he used an alias or used the internet which broke his parole terms).  If he had broken these parole terms and not created such an offensive video, they probably would not have handled these violations the way they did.

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 02:47:48 PM »
I think one of his parole terms was not to use an alias, which is what he broke.

The law isn't always perfect.  Oftentimes LE will want to put a scumbag behind bars but will choose the easiest route to legally do so (in this case the fact that he used an alias or used the internet which broke his parole terms).  If he had broken these parole terms and not created such an offensive video, they probably would not have handled these violations the way they did.

Parole violations are one thing, and they should be dealt with as the law specifies. The video is quite another - offending people is not a crime. At least, not yet.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 03:58:52 PM »
Parole violations are one thing, and they should be dealt with as the law specifies. The video is quite another - offending people is not a crime. At least, not yet.

Oftentimes LE will want to put a scumbag behind bars but will choose the easiest legal route to legally do so (in this case the fact that he used an alias or used the internet which broke his parole terms). 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 06:21:21 PM »
Oftentimes LE will want to put a scumbag behind bars but will choose the easiest legal route to legally do so (in this case the fact that he used an alias or used the internet which broke his parole terms).

If he legitimately broke his parole, that's one thing and he should be charged with that. But as for the rest, Law Enforcement personnel do lots of things to deal with "scumbags", including making shit up. But the bottom line is this: that the person is a scumbag isn't a crime and abusing the system to deal with scumbags is wrong.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2012, 06:55:32 PM »
If he legitimately broke his parole, that's one thing and he should be charged with that. But as for the rest, Law Enforcement personnel do lots of things to deal with "scumbags", including making shit up. But the bottom line is this: that the person is a scumbag isn't a crime and abusing the system to deal with scumbags is wrong.
This. If he violated his parole - then he should face the consequences. But if he did not, then he should not be in jail.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2012, 09:16:59 PM »
Looks like the fag has a new name:

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 09:40:47 PM »

Obviously he broke his parole terms or wouldn't be in jail. Like I said earlier, one of the terms was to not use an alias.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2012, 09:48:26 AM »
Who needs the 1st amendment, anyways?

Anyone who insults or dares speak negatively about Islam should be put in jail!

Yeah!

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2012, 08:02:36 PM »
Obviously he broke his parole terms or wouldn't be in jail. Like I said earlier, one of the terms was to not use an alias.

Not necessarily - as I said, cops often have no problem with "stretching" both facts and laws to deal with those they perceive as "assholes" or "scum." It happens every day.

As for using an "alias" I'm not convinced the movie equivalent of a pen name would qualify as such, but of course I'm not a Judge so my opinion on the subject, even if valid, doesn't carry much weight.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »
At the end of the day he's a scumbag and deserves to be in jail.  And yes, there are legal grounds to put him in jail since he did violate his probation terms (both using an alias and using the internet).  In fact, like posted earlier, it appears he's used two aliases not only one.

It's funny how so many people are questioning the legalities of putting him in jail whereas when it comes to guantanemo bay inmates the majority here post that they should be locked up without questioning legalities.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 09:28:16 AM »
At the end of the day he's a scumbag and deserves to be in jail.  And yes, there are legal grounds to put him in jail since he did violate his probation terms (both using an alias and using the internet).  In fact, like posted earlier, it appears he's used two aliases not only one.

It's funny how so many people are questioning the legalities of putting him in jail whereas when it comes to guantanemo bay inmates the majority here post that they should be locked up without questioning legalities.

Not locked up - they should be doused in pigs blood and then fed in chummed shark infested waters. 

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 09:47:07 AM »
At the end of the day he's a scumbag and deserves to be in jail.

Again, being a scumbag is not a crime - hence one doesn't deserve to be in jail for being a scumbag.

And yes, there are legal grounds to put him in jail since he did violate his probation terms (both using an alias and using the internet).  In fact, like posted earlier, it appears he's used two aliases not only one.

I don't know what the conditions of his parole were, so I can't comment on that. As I said, if he violated his parole, he should be dealt with like any other parolee. The "movie" and hiss scumbagginess are irrelevant when it comes down to it. If he had made a wonderful film, that everyone agreed was a masterpiece and had true artistic value, I'd still argue that it's irrelevant when it comes to a parole violation.

I'm not questioning the legality of putting him in jail. I'm stating that he should not be jailed because of the "movie" in question, because making offensive movies isn't illegal, offending people isn't illegal, mocking religious figures isn't illegal and being an asshole and a scumbag isn't illegal.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »

Your feelings on this are shining through... you want him in jail because of the youtube flick, and you're using his parole violation as an excuse.

If he didn't violate the terms of his parole, he shouldn't be in jail according to our laws. Thats the way it is, regardless of how many people he offended. Its not a crime to piss people off.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 10:19:08 AM »
Tolerance is a one-way street with regards to a certain demographic. Check out the state-sponsored media in most of their countries to see this one-way tolerance in action.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2012, 10:22:56 AM »
Your feelings on this are shining through... you want him in jail because of the youtube flick, and you're using his parole violation as an excuse.

If he didn't violate the terms of his parole, he shouldn't be in jail according to our laws. Thats the way it is, regardless of how many people he offended. Its not a crime to piss people off.

Yes he did violate his parole, and therefore he's legally back in jail where he should be for breaking a law. 

On a separate note I'm happy about it (as well as many others including the cast who he lied to) because he's a scumbag. 

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 10:25:09 AM »
Yes he did violate his parole, and therefore he's legally back in jail where he should be for breaking a law. 

On a separate note I'm happy about it (as well as many others including the cast who he lied to) because he's a scumbag. 

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand.
You're missing the point. You want him in jail regardless of his parole, and it's fairly evident that you want him in jail due to the movie. The other shit is just an excuse.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 10:27:23 AM »
You're missing the point. You want him in jail regardless of his parole, and it's fairly evident that you want him in jail due to the movie. The other shit is just an excuse.

lol your point is fairly obvious, I'm not denying that at all.

I'm sure lots of Americans and civilized people feel the same way, including the cast of the movie who he duped and whoever was affected by his previous fraud that put him in jail in the first place.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 10:43:35 AM »

and from what I read he had attempted to use many aliases

from this guys criminal record it seemed like only a matter of time before he would have been back in jail for something

from Wiki

According to the Associated Press, "Nakoula struggled with a series of financial problems".[17] In 1996, a lien for $194,000 was filed against Nakoula's gas station for unpaid taxes, penalties, and interest dating from 1989 to 1992.[15] A $106,000 lien was filed against him in 1997.[17] He filed for bankruptcy protection in 2000,[15][18] owing several banks a total of $166,500, but later failing to make payments under the bankruptcy plan.[15][19] A $191,000 tax lien was filed against him in 2006.[17]

The Daily Beast reported that Nakoula was arrested by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department in 1997 after being pulled over and found to be in possession of ephedrine, hydroiodic acid, and $45,000 in cash;[15] he was charged with intent to manufacture methamphetamine.[14] He pleaded guilty and was sentenced in 1997 to one year in Los Angeles County Jail and three years probation. According to the Los Angeles County District Attorney, he violated probation in 2002 and was re-sentenced to another year in county jail.[20]

In 2010, Nakoula pleaded no contest to federal charges of bank fraud in California. Nakoula had opened bank accounts using fake names and stolen Social Security numbers, including one belonging to a 6-year-old child,[4] and deposited checks from those accounts to withdraw at ATMs.[21] The prosecutor described the scheme as check kiting, "You try to get the money out of the bank before the bank realizes they are drawn from a fraudulent account. There basically is no money," she said.[5] Nakoula’s June 2010 sentencing transcript shows that after being arrested, he testified against an alleged ring leader of the fraud scheme, in exchange for a lighter sentence.[22][23][24] He was sentenced to 21 months in federal prison, followed by five years probation (supervised release), and ordered to pay $794,701 in restitution.[5][25] He was sent to prison, then to a halfway house,[26] and was released from custody in June 2011. A few weeks later, he began working on Innocence of Muslims.[27][26] Conditions of Nakoula's probation include not using aliases and not using the Internet without prior approval from his probation officer.[28][29]

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
and from what I read he had attempted to use many aliases

from this guys criminal record it seemed like only a matter of time before he would have been back in jail for something

from Wiki

yet according to shockwave and co we should feel no preference towards him being in jail unless it is strictly for the fact that he used an alias and/or used the internet without permission lmfao

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 11:16:40 AM »
yet according to shockwave and co we should feel no preference towards him being in jail unless it is strictly for the fact that he used an alias and/or used the internet without permission lmfao
No, I said if he violated a law he should be in jail. He should not be thrown in jail for making a movie that offends your religion anymore than he should be in jail for calling someone an asshole.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 11:41:59 AM »

That's not what Shockwave or I said. We said that if he violated the conditions of his parole he should be dealt with accordingly.

What should not happen is that he should not be thrown back in jail because of a legitimate exercise of a right guaranteed to him under the First Amendment. He has a right to speak even if his speech offends you. He has a right to speak even if his speech offends me. He has a right to speak even if his speech offends everyone else.

I will support his right to do so, even though I may not like what he has to say. And if that bothers you or offends you, then fuck you and the penis you rode in on.

None of this has anything to do with whether he violated his parole; if he did, he should be dealt with accordingly, which I would imagine would include going back to jail. That is unrelated to the film.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2012, 12:37:18 PM »
This does not pass the smell test.

Jack T. Cross

• Getbig V
  • Using Surveillance for Political Subversion(?)
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »
This does not pass the smell test.

What do you mean, Beach Bum?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »
What do you mean, Beach Bum?

The timing of his arrest for probation violation and holding him (without bail?) stinks.