Author Topic: There's a guy in my gym running with a gas mask on?  (Read 8728 times)

Kilo Medic

• Getbig II
Re: There's a guy in my gym running with a gas mask on?
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2012, 04:38:36 PM »
Does that yellow thing restrict breathing?  If not, without the filter there isn't much restriction to airflow at all.  ???

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2012, 04:39:15 PM »
That was me.  I've been wearing my M40 gas mask to the gym because I'm getting ready for recon training next month.  It's ok to admit how awesome I looked.  Just because I'm a combination of Arnold and Chuck Norris doesn't make you any less of a man.

Wait.  Actually, it kinda does.

Jizzacked

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
  We were allowed to do it on a track. Six laps. Full Gear. Mask On. I would do Twelve laps on my own. This made Six seem easy. I was Company Iron Man in Boot Camp. So I have always been a freak.

you sound like one tough customer

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2012, 05:16:57 PM »
That trend started all because of Fruity Rudy baby

Anyone of you bitches see Generation Kill?

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2012, 05:40:11 PM »
almost as stupid as these things

what is that for?
A

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »
I understand running around with one in the military. I had to do it with riot training. If you're in a public gym on a treadmill wearing one you are just a tool.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2012, 06:33:16 PM »
  Semper Fidelis

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2012, 10:12:58 PM »
  Semper Fidelis

Semper Fi, do or die

Ooh-Rah!

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:05 PM »
they could just take anapolan/equipose for rbc and endurance 8)

I see some weiiird stuff on treadmills... i rarely use treadmill.. but its hard to avoid.. always some fruitcakes, skinny bone ppl, super super HUGE FAT ppl that never seem to get in shape cuz they are busy eating their burger on the treadmill... then u got these total freaks in sweat suits, ten sweaters (no not bb hiding bulk just skinny guy with ten sweaters), masks like mentioned... its just weird.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2012, 10:25:40 PM »
Semper Fi, do or die

Ooh-Rah!
Ooh Rah Marine.

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2012, 10:29:22 PM »
I'm on my way out, but uh is this a fad now?   Dudes on the treadmill and looks straight out of Kill zone (ps3)?

can you blame him? he works out at a gym with arab members.  always be prepared.

a_ahmed

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2012, 10:36:22 PM »
Is it true there is no Arabic word for deodorant? ;D

Just for your information since you seem very educated. That's an Indian not an Arab :) And regardless it's pretty ignorant. I am white but imagine I post a picture of a white trash alcoholic druggie junkie image and go look at how dirty this white woman is? Or how about stereotyping white american females.

Eg:

Muslim Arabs practically invented the modern shampoo, soap, deodorant and perfume industry. Romans before medieval Europe had 'soaps' but they were not as sophisticated, especially when you learn Romans used URINE in their 'formula'. They certainly were not scented as scented soaps were 100% an arab muslim invention.

The writings attributed to the 8th-century Arab savant Jabir ibn Hayyan (Geber) repeatedly mention soap as a cleansing agent. The Arabs made the soap from vegetable oil as olive oil or some aromatic oils such as thyme oil. Sodium Lye (Al-Soda Al-Kawia) NaOH was used for the first time and the formula hasn't changed from the current soap sold in the market. From the beginning of the 7th century soap was produced in Nablus (Palestine), Kufa (Iraq) and Basra (Iraq). Arabian Soap was perfumed and colored, some of the soaps were liquid and others were hard. They also had special soap for shaving. It was commercially sold for 3 Dirhams (0.3 Dinars) a piece in 981 AD.

Europeans didn't shower. The british royals hired a muslim in the mid 1800s to be their 'shower surgeon' in instructing the royals how to shower. Pretty funny stuff.

One of the things that kind of 'shocked' and awoke europe was christian pilgrims and later crusaders coming back from the Muslim world bringing back intricate materials and perfumes. Something Europeans never saw beyond their lint clothing and shower once a year maybe life style.

Swollen_Powell

• Getbig II
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2012, 10:46:24 PM »
saw the same thing at my gym one on the treadmill, i was like wtf

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2012, 11:14:47 PM »
Ooh Rah Marine.

I was bullshitting about Recon training.  I'm only a wannabe Marine.  A Keyboard Commando.  Almost everything I say on Getbig is a total lie made up for comedic purposes and shouldn't be taken seriously. 

I do have an M40 gasmask but I don't wear it to the gym. 

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2012, 07:52:23 PM »
I understand running around with one in the military. I had to do it with riot training. If you're in a public gym on a treadmill wearing one you are just a tool.
I think he is talking about this.
http://www.respro.com/products/sports-leisure/running-walking/sportsta_mask/
A

Schnauzer

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2012, 08:19:40 PM »
Just for your information since you seem very educated. That's an Indian not an Arab :) And regardless it's pretty ignorant. I am white but imagine I post a picture of a white trash alcoholic druggie junkie image and go look at how dirty this white woman is? Or how about stereotyping white american females.

Eg:

Muslim Arabs practically invented the modern shampoo, soap, deodorant and perfume industry. Romans before medieval Europe had 'soaps' but they were not as sophisticated, especially when you learn Romans used URINE in their 'formula'. They certainly were not scented as scented soaps were 100% an arab muslim invention.

Europeans didn't shower. The british royals hired a muslim in the mid 1800s to be their 'shower surgeon' in instructing the royals how to shower. Pretty funny stuff.

One of the things that kind of 'shocked' and awoke europe was christian pilgrims and later crusaders coming back from the Muslim world bringing back intricate materials and perfumes. Something Europeans never saw beyond their lint clothing and shower once a year maybe life style.

Thank you for your kind reply. My remarks about deodorant were based on my travels in the Middle East, specifically Egypt and Saudi Arabia. The majority of people there were, well, smelly. This may have to do with the great amount of poverty or with cultural norms regarding personal hygiene. For the record, I mostly enjoyed my time there and met some nice people.

elpuerco

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2012, 08:28:01 PM »

Eg:

I think I'd rather do #4 than have that woman's pits rubbing up against me

deadz

• Getbig V
  • Liberals..Dumbest People on the Planet! MAGA
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2012, 08:59:10 PM »
I'm on my way out, but uh is this a fad now?   Dudes on the treadmill and looks straight out of Kill zone (ps3)?
Just mind your own business in the gym and you won't have to concern yourself with such things.
T

Nomad

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 01:06:07 AM »
I thought about doing this. My lungs are very conditioned so i rarely have to breathe hard even during hiit shit. My heart on the other hand is not as great...
all drugs - TPPIIP

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 04:15:56 AM »
I have one of those masks...I should use it more in my gym.  Again, like a Crossfit WOD, people are laughing at something that's actually pretty hard to do...and kind of fun as a change from the usual count sets...count reps then do 40 minutes on the tread boring ass workout favored by so many of you