Author Topic: We know the reason Kai didn't win, but we prefer to point at judging criteria...  (Read 3003 times)

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
The Mr. Olympia is the most illustrious event in the bodybuilding industry.  The winner of the event not only represents the "sport" in the mainstream, but also serves as an example of what it takes to be the best by way of his public image.

While we would all like to blame it on the judges and say that they stripped Kai of his rightful crown, the score cards tell a different story that certainly had Kai, at least by their criteria, far from dethroning Phil.

Personally, I would have given it to Kai.  Friends at the event said the same thing after it was all over.  Sadly, we have seen this before.  Martinez should have been the Mr. Olympia a few years back when Jay was clearly off, but guess what, he had a past.  While this was a very close decision to make, I think there seems to be a resounding consensus giving it to Kai.

Credit goes to crownshep for providing the score card.

"1"

bigmc

• Getbig V
i think its fair to say if kai had fucked the head judge of the ifbb instead of a grapefruit he would have claimed his first sandow
T

D.O.U.P

• Getbig III
i think its fair to say if kai had fucked the head judge of the ifbb instead of a grapefruit he would have claimed his first sandow

That post is beyond funny! ;D

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
Another point of contention is whether or not the same judges used for the Mr. Olympia are qualified or ever used for the Arnold Classic.

I noticed that the judges at the Arnold are a slightly more lenient and able to overlook a competitor's past as evidenced by both Kai and Victor's win at the Arnold. Yet, notice how there has never been a Mr. Olympia with a sketchy past or anything worth hiding.

"1"

Mr Anabolic

• Getbig V
  • Better to die on your feet than on your knees.
Time tends to heal most wounds.  If Kai can maintain the condition, but come in a little more full, I think he will win in 2013.   

However, Cedric might come in and shit on the entire parade.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
Why does it say Branch was 6th?  He was 5th.

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!

However, Cedric might come in and shit on the entire parade.

it will never happen, because he is all mouth.  rhoden or evan will be fighting for the #1 spot before him. dude is the 2nd coming of toney freeman.

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
it will never happen, because he is all mouth.  rhoden or evan will be fighting for the #1 spot before him. dude is the 2nd coming of toney freeman.

Not to mention that people are forgetting that first Cedric needs to go through the mandatory period of "paying his dues"..

"1"

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.

Haha, yes very true.

I also heard a rumor that Phil had stored away an extra vial of November quality kigs and this gave him the edge during the finals.
Trans Milkshake.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
Another point of contention is whether or not the same judges used for the Mr. Olympia are qualified or ever used for the Arnold Classic.

I noticed that the judges at the Arnold are a slightly more lenient and able to overlook a competitor's past as evidenced by both Kai and Victor's win at the Arnold. Yet, notice how there has never been a Mr. Olympia with a sketchy past or anything worth hiding.

"1"

Dorian got into weight training in a teen prison facility for being a member of The Skins if I'm not mistaken? ???

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
Dorian got into weight training in a teen prison facility for being a member of The Skins if I'm not mistaken? ???

He was a non-racist skinhead.  The original mixed race kind who listened to reggae music.
A

PJim

• Getbig IV

He was a non-racist skinhead.  The original mixed race kind who listened to reggae music.

No, no. I know that. But the point is, he was in that facility for his bad behaviour

Archer77

• Getbig V
  • Team Shizzo
No, no. I know that. But the point is, he was in that facility for his bad behaviour

Oh ok, you're right then. 
A

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
The Mr. Olympia is the most illustrious event in the bodybuilding industry.  The winner of the event not only represents the "sport" in the mainstream, but also serves as an example of what it takes to be the best by way of his public image.

Nobody represents the sport to the mainstream.  The mainstream has no idea who Phil Heath, Kai, Cutler, and even Dorian Yates are.
Y

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
Score cards and actual condiotion mean little.

It's all about how many cocks were sucked, how man lines were drawn, how many brown paper bags were dropped in a bathroom stall....that's the extra 10%.

BIG AL MCKECHNIE

• Getbig IV
Oh ok, you're right then. 

He smashed a store window on the way to a party while drunk so he could steal the clothes of a manequin. He was arrested immediately and did 6 months in a young offenders institute (youth jail).
The guy he was with was black I believe.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV

While we would all like to blame it on the judges and say that they stripped Kai of his rightful crown, the score cards tell a different story that certainly had Kai, at least by their criteria, far from dethroning Phil.

Personally, I would have given it to Kai.  Friends at the event said the same thing after it was all over.  Sadly, we have seen this before.  Martinez should have been the Mr. Olympia a few years back when Jay was clearly off, but guess what, he had a past.  While this was a very close decision to make, I think there seems to be a resounding consensus giving it to Kai.

Credit goes to crownshep for providing the score card.

"1"

the scorecard originally causing the recent controversy with branch being 6th and wolf in 5th as well as the point differences, has JUST been changed!!

this link now shows a different scorecard. this same link only moments ago, used to have the scorecard which had branch in 6th and wolf in 5th: http://npcnewsonline.com/2012-mr-olympia-final-results/33833/

caseyviator

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
to me the facts are....... kai has a different ,kinda weird body structure...
phil was like 10% off from last year and kai rite on the money.
i had phil winning but i dont like the way kais put together if im judging its kinds hard to overlook...i dont think it has anything at all to do with sucking dick!!!!  i had dex in an easy third i didnt understand that one ...he was really in great ripped condition.

PJim

• Getbig IV
Unless one was from pre-judging? If not, filth, absolute filth.

Secret Stack

• Getbig IV
Unless one was from pre-judging? If not, filth, absolute filth.

no. the npc website that originally posted the below scorecard, have now edited it since all the threads started across the boards on wolf and branch mix up placings.

this was the scorecard originally posted by npconline. this link ---> http://npcnewsonline.com/2012-mr-olympia-final-results/33833/ used to show this scorecard...

now that SAME link, shows this scorecard...

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
to me the facts are....... kai has a different ,kinda weird body structure...
phil was like 10% off from last year and kai rite on the money.
i had phil winning but i dont like the way kais put together if im judging its kinds hard to overlook...i dont think it has anything at all to do with sucking dick!!!!  i had dex in an easy third i didnt understand that one ...he was really in great ripped condition.

i had kai ahead going into the night but phil took it in the two comparisons.  that was all on kai, not the judges.  i'm basing that on, if i was a judge.  phil wanted it more at the end.

rhoden just looked better than dex from the front while dex stole the back shots. overall, rhoden is just more pleasing. 

i don't have a problem with the top 4.

wolf was 5th with evan 6th. 

i'm sick of this branch shit.  if ronnie lost the olympia in 2006 with a lat and quad tear, how the fuck does that little troll keep getting rewards with more injuries?     

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.

Yeah, but it wasn't linked to the gay sub-culture and it was less in the open back then.

A teenager committing a small crime and turning his life around through bodybuilding has an uplifting spin to it. Weider can use that.

A guy deep dicking a grapefruit in his late 20's just to survive only has one spin to it, and that is "WTF".

I like Kai, I find him to be a very personable fellow, but he'll never be Mr. O :(.

bigmc

• Getbig V
Yeah, but it wasn't linked to the gay sub-culture and it was less in the open back then.

A teenager committing a small crime and turning his life around through bodybuilding has an uplifting spin to it. Weider can use that.

A guy deep dicking a grapefruit in his late 20's just to survive only has one spin to it, and that is "WTF".

I like Kai, I find him to be a very personable fellow, but he'll never be Mr. O :(.

it was only a grapefruit

its not likely to turn up on sixty minutes if kai wins the o
T

PJim

• Getbig IV

He's won the Arnold twice, who knows.

6 Reps

• Getbig IV
The grapefruit incident aside, I wonder if there's something else in play here.

I have no idea what Kai's sexual preference is, but my hunch has always been that maybe he is gay.  If that should be true, and the IFBB powers know it, then maybe they are scared to give him the Mr. O crown fearing that he might come out during his reign.  That, in some people's mind, would be a disaster for the "sport."