Author Topic: Does Hany Rambod take any % from his athletes prize money?  (Read 8181 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
Re: Does Hany Rambod take any % from his athletes prize money?
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 07:52:03 PM »
i dont see any reason to have a drug "guru" either. if i remember correctly your a natty and done have experience expirementing with bodybuilding drugs but there is no secret recipe, special combination, or especially great way to use the drugs. you just try them all, find your favorite, and use as much as your willing to/can afford to. holds true with steroids and GH as well. insulin useage, which i think is not as common as it used to be, is a little more tricky but still pretty fucking simple and theres no reason to have a "guru" for any of that shit. as for coming in as dry as possible, you see the dryest guys are the ones who get in shape a couple weeks out, keep water high untill the night before the show and then let the water drain over night and just take little tiny sips the day of the show while eating some carbs

"gurus" are useless
good post's here tbombz,,

The Abdominal Snoman

• Getbig V
  • DON'T BE A TRAITOR TO YOUR TRIBE
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 10:48:24 PM »
Didn't Guru's help kill King Kamali's career?

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
Re: Does HANY RAMBOD take any % of his athlets money from shows???
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 10:51:51 PM »
I sent George  an email once and his quote was 5k for the year
I can confirm this from a friend who just signed up with Farrah

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 11:21:24 PM »
I sent George  an email once and his quote was 5k for the year

same here. but for that money my drugs better be included along with meal prep. I heard way back Chad used to get 20k from the guys he prepped. Milos the same, when Silvio, Wolf etc was with him, he also got a percentage of Melvin's contract money and prize winnings when he trained him.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2012, 08:41:31 AM »
r u sure?

Yes. I actually talked to Hany a few years ago about working with him.

Amatuers can pay a monthly amount for off season training then there is a pre contest fee, but its discounted if working together year round.

A few trainiers down in Florida get 10% of what you earn. JM takes a BIG chunk from his girls winnings.

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2012, 08:43:18 AM »
:)

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2012, 09:15:25 AM »
Shawn Ray never used a guru. 

neither did yates,,,, i dont think kev lev used one either

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2012, 09:31:03 AM »

There probably were advisors somewhere in the shadows. Actually I'm pretty positive there were. ;)

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2012, 09:52:55 AM »
 ;D  Paying that short fat toad five grand to get you in shape ? Anybody ever ask him why he can"t even sustain a reasonable low maintenance physique himself ? How bizzar how bizzar . lol and wow .

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2012, 04:30:20 PM »
 :D

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2012, 04:48:32 PM »
Having a 'guru' just means you want someone else to buy, schedule and inject yourself. Thus you can just focus on simple shit like sleeping. Back in the 80's all those guys didn't need gurus, steroids was easier to get than AIDS.
L

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »

Shawn Ray was advised by Joe Weider himself.  Dorian Yates's guru was Mike Mentzer
A

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2012, 04:56:14 PM »

Shawn Ray was advised by Joe Weider himself.  Dorian Yates's guru was Mike Mentzer
Joe wouldn't know how to advise Pros of thar era what to take. And Dorian was in England, and was doing stuff that would make Mentzer woozy.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2012, 04:58:08 PM »

LMAO, funniest post today  :D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2012, 05:18:46 PM »

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2012, 08:46:26 PM »
Not sure if Yates had a fulltime guru, but Duchaine, and a guy you don't hear much from, but who was very good, Brian Batcheldor where mentioned as slight advisors over over the years.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2012, 08:47:42 PM »
What percentage do they get when their competitor loses?

Is the broke-ass dumbass paying up front? Or, does the dipshit guru get his ass kicked and bad-mouthed?

Hiring a "Fooroo" is like admitting to the bodybuilding world that you can't think for yourself and that you are in dire need of a cheerleading squadron.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2012, 08:51:38 PM »
Not sure if Yates had a fulltime guru, but Duchaine, and a guy you don't hear much from, but who was very good, Brian Batcheldor where mentioned as slight advisors over over the years.
Duchaine was the drug guru back in the day, but I'm not sure if Yates would openly acknowledge a relationship given the lack of openness about steroids?

Watching Phil's interview on flexonline with Hiney Rimjob, I don't think he was lying about Rimjob helping him with his diet and training at all. I guess an advantage of having a coach is the motivation and objective assesment of the physique. I'm sure it helps someone to nudge you along and tell you what you might be doing wrong.
follow the arrows

BIG DUB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2012, 08:55:13 PM »

Used Dave Palumbo a few shows, said it on NBR a few years ago.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2012, 08:57:38 PM »
Duchaine was the drug guru back in the day, but I'm not sure if Yates would openly acknowledge a relationship given the lack of openness about steroids?

Watching Phil's interview on flexonline with Hiney Rimjob, I don't think he was lying about Rimjob helping him with his diet and training at all. I guess an advantage of having a coach is the motivation and objective assesment of the physique. I'm sure it helps someone to nudge you along and tell you what you might be doing wrong.
Yates talked about drugs here and there.. never lied about them. He basically said he talked to people but learned by experimenting. Worked out his own diet.. based everything on science and common sense. He didn't have a "guru" like todays people.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #46 on: October 01, 2012, 09:00:26 PM »
Yates talked about drugs here and there.. never lied about them. He basically said he talked to people but learned by experimenting. Worked out his own diet.. based everything on science and common sense. He didn't have a "guru" like todays people.
Yea a few guys like yates and shawn ray were self motivated and smart enough to work it out on their own. That would seem more gratifying than following someones orders into a show I think.
follow the arrows

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #47 on: October 01, 2012, 10:26:42 PM »
Hiring a "Fooroo" is like admitting to the bodybuilding world that you can't think for yourself and that you are in dire need of a cheerleading squadron.

Yeah, like baseball players dont have a hitting coach, agents, managers, batting coach, catching coach, personal helpers, advisors. Or any other sport.  I guess they do it all themselves too.   

Like it or not, sometimes you need another eye to tell you if you look good, with muscularlity, symmetry, conditioning.   

Guys like Hany Rambod, Chad Nichols, George Farah, and others are there because people ask for them.  And some of them have pretty good track records.  If you don't like it, don't use a trainer or an adviser. 

bike nut

• Getbig V
  • Desperation is a stinky cologne
« Reply #48 on: October 01, 2012, 10:40:28 PM »
Yeah, like baseball players dont have a hitting coach, agents, managers, batting coach, catching coach, personal helpers, advisors. Or any other sport.  I guess they do it all themselves too.   

Like it or not, sometimes you need another eye to tell you if you look good, with muscularlity, symmetry, conditioning.   

Guys like Hany Rambod, Chad Nichols, George Farah, and others are there because people ask for them.  And some of them have pretty good track records.  If you don't like it, don't use a trainer or an adviser. 

Sure Ron......like Noel Fuller right?

Creepy subculture of freaks, liars, and FILT!

whitewidow

« Reply #49 on: October 01, 2012, 10:58:44 PM »
I say if you have the money then go for it! It is better if you are very good friends with a pro that has won shows. I used a top pro as my nutritonist and guru all for free! sure he did not put me first because he had others paying for his time all day/ everyday. But we worked out at the same gym and he would always take time if he had it to help me out. Alot of people are not in that position though. would I have payed for his advice? No. because I know I cannot make the pro's on the amount of drugs I use.

If I really wanted to go pro and think I had a chance to make some cash I would pay for a guru. TRhey help out big time! I think alot of people including myself could do it on our own but if you have the cash no reason not to have someone in your corner keeping you on track.2 heads put together are better then 1.