Author Topic: Underground Racing TT Lamborghini Gallardo 8 Second 1/4 Mile World Record Pass!  (Read 8901 times)

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I take back what I said about only American V8s sounding sick. This is beastly!

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
I am partial to Audi's inline 5 turbo engine. Awesome sounding engine.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Pretty nice---but they are creating a problem for Lamborghini. If you see that this car is pre-2010 (by the lights), and that there is a growing trend to get these cars and turbo charge them, it makes Lambo appear to have the identity to douchebags and aftermarket tuners. Which is not something they want. TT gallardos are quite common now, as are standard gallardos, so much so, that they are ubiquitous. Lambo wants to be associated with the same clientele as Ferrari (wait list 2 yrs, for the special models you have to have owned 4-5 previous Ferraris, and be on a list of special cleints).

This vid just proves, that basically anybody with the money can buy a Gallardo, have it TT and go to the drag strip, which makes the Lambo brass cringe each time. It's bad for their image,

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
Nothing can replace the sound of a big block V8 quad, nothing.

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Pretty nice---but they are creating a problem for Lamborghini. If you see that this car is pre-2010 (by the lights), and that there is a growing trend to get these cars and turbo charge them, it makes Lambo appear to have the identity to douchebags and aftermarket tuners. Which is not something they want. TT gallardos are quite common now, as are standard gallardos, so much so, that they are ubiquitous. Lambo wants to be associated with the same clientele as Ferrari (wait list 2 yrs, for the special models you have to have owned 4-5 previous Ferraris, and be on a list of special cleints).

This vid just proves, that basically anybody with the money can buy a Gallardo, have it TT and go to the drag strip, which makes the Lambo brass cringe each time. It's bad for their image,
I think you're over-thinking it.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV

I agree with you there , but the Lamborghini V12 is one of the best sounding engines ever made. A unique masterpiece. The V10, meh..

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I don't know what it is, but a V10-12 sound more like a 6 cylinder to me. That high pitch almost bumble bee sound. The V8 is just a more intimidating sound.

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
looks like the worlds most expensive 8 second car.
time under tension

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor

Sure, the big block V8s can have an awesome and mean rumble, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that nothing can replace them. Perhaps nothing can replace that sound for you, but that's hardly universal.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
Sure, the big block V8s can have an awesome and mean rumble, but I wouldn't go so far as to say that nothing can replace them. Perhaps nothing can replace that sound for you, but that's hardly universal.
Hearing a 500ci big block @ 10000 rpm is pretty awesome.

lvtolft

• Getbig III

They do Ferrari's also.  I do understand your point, but it seems the lamborghini holds up better to after market performance.

BILL ANVIL

• Getbig IV

a 500ci+ V8 with say 1000hp and open headers makes more than a rumble it almost makes your heart stop its so loud. but there are other healthy sounding engines of course.

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
I like the exhaust note of a european V-12 but for shear violence nothing beats a top fuel nitro engine.
time under tension

bigkid

• Getbig IV
Was eating down in Sunny Isles last night and Horatio Pagni himself was there and had his Huayra with him.  Badass looking car.

quadzilla456

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I do agree with you. I am just saying that this Lambo sounds amazing as well. But yes the V8s are in a class of their own. Though it is subjective I know.

alpmaster00

• Getbig II

Lol... 80% of people who buy Lamborghini's don't even know what a turbo charger is.

Parker

• Getbig V
Was eating down in Sunny Isles last night and Horatio Pagni himself was there and had his Huayra with him.  Badass looking car.
Yeah, that Huarya has been making the rounds...At pebble beach and other places...

Stark

• Getbig V
I think you're over-thinking it.

no from a marketing point of view he's pretty much spot on

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl

Laborghini has always been looked at as a poor mans Ferrari , they lack Ferraris prestige and their racing history and will never be in the same league not as a drivers car or grand tourer

Lamborghini has always been centered around the most outrageous looking car they catered to attention whores , you think for a moment they are concerned what owners do with their cars?

And how do these Gallardo owners related to the ' gold chain ' douche bag crowd? The owners of these TTG are hardcore race enthusiasts not some trendy pretender poser like Shawn Ray these people have the means to drive these things and not worry about if they break , total opposites if you ask me.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
that's cars most of you guys will never have. why are you talking about them  :-* ;D

oh I forgot this is getbig. home of playboys, models and billionaires

Parker

• Getbig V
Laborghini has always been looked at as a poor mans Ferrari , they lack Ferraris prestige and their racing history and will never be in the same league not as a drivers car or grand tourer

Lamborghini has always been centered around the most outrageous looking car they catered to attention whores , you think for a moment they are concerned what owners do with their cars?

And how do these Gallardo owners related to the ' gold chain ' douche bag crowd? The owners of these TTG are hardcore race enthusiasts not some trendy pretender poser like Shawn Ray these people have the means to drive these things and not worry about if they break , total opposites if you ask me.

sorry man, there are rumblings, this ain't helping Lambos cred at all.
I  went to a cars and coffee event one time and guess what, the douchebags had the Lambo gallardos...
Would I mind having one, hell no? But would I put gold yellow rims on it, and then talk about doing the TT thing?
Right next to him was a dude with a Porshe CGT, coolest mofo, and a TRUE enthusiast. Goes way with the Porsche marque.

And now the websites are picking up on the Lambo douchebag stereotype---an eve Stephan Winkelmann has acknowledge there is a PR problem with Lambo...

Basically, it boils down to that the Lambo Gallardo and Lambo brand is the go to car and brand for those who want to be seen, or have the image, and it's attracting the Mike The Situation types.

Would loved to see what the replacement will be like, as the car is long in tooth, and Ferrari will be updatig the 458...(which Winkelmann has bought one and told the engineers to beat that).

The new SUV will geared towards women and men with families. So, they are expanding their line, trying to redefine their image...

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
There is a reason why most supercar companies didn't (used to) offer their cars to just anyone with cash. Nowadays anyone who made a quick buck can buy a Ferrari or a Lamborghini and ridicule both the car and the brand..

Correct way of a one off special:

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Parker that P-51 that Chris Brown has is diluting the brand in a way a Underground Racing could never replicate

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom

You are making the wrong association.  It is not Douches = Lambo owners, but it is the new era of instant millionaires that just happen to be douches.  They act like loser but think they are cool.  They happen to think buying a $350k car makes them cool.  So it is a new era of douchery  buying these cars, but that is just society today.

Parker

• Getbig V
I agree ND, but it's the collective. Also, these stars/rich people and their one offs. The P4/P5 is possibly the best Ferrari one off for a star/rich person of all time. That BB lookalike looks like a kit, even though Eric Clapton (I think that is the dude) is a Ferrari enthusiasts
It seems that the stars/rich folk tend to have very bad taste, or lack the understanding of the interplay between aesthetics, aerodynamics, and just plain good taste.

I guess it takes someone with an artist's eye...
There is some rich Indian dude who lives in Dubai (Dubai, India) who has a 599 GTO, he has an Aperta, and says that he thinks the exhaust is louder than the GTO, but maybe it's because the Aperta has no top. Ferrari's states that the Aperta's exhaust is quieter than the GTO.  He has approached Ferrari for a one off based on the 599 GTO, and told them what he wanted, and he showed the sketches...it looks like ass. With all these robotech like addenda on it. No beauty, no aesthetics. And yet he's excited...

Oh to have money,