Author Topic: Allen West's Military Record Attacked In New Ad: 'Faced 11 Years In Prison'  (Read 2524 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
WASHINGTON -- The gloves are officially off in the race between Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) and his Democratic challenger, Patrick Murphy.

Less than a week after West's campaign released a brutal ad featuring Murphy's mugshot from a 2003 arrest for disorderly intoxication, Murphy's campaign hit back on Tuesday with an ad highlighting West's illegal actions in the military that ultimately led to him being relieved of his command.

"You need the facts about Allen West in 2003," says the narrator in the Murphy ad, which begins by showing a clip of West's ad from last week.

"West was criminally charged with violating the Uniform Code of Military Justice, found guilty of three counts of aggravated assault and relieved of his command. The final Army report: West 'performed illegal acts ... merited court martial ... faced 11 years in prison,'" continues the narrator. "Allen West. He just isn't who he says he is."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
GMAFB - the man is a hero for what he did. 

Only pofs leftists would attack him for what he did. 

WASHINGTON -- The gloves are officially off in the race between Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.) and his Democratic challenger, Patrick Murphy.

Less than a week after West's campaign released a brutal ad featuring Murphy's mugshot from a 2003 arrest for disorderly intoxication, Murphy's campaign hit back on Tuesday with an ad highlighting West's illegal actions in the military that ultimately led to him being relieved of his command.

"You need the facts about Allen West in 2003," says the narrator in the Murphy ad, which begins by showing a clip of West's ad from last week.

"West was criminally charged with violating the Uniform Code of Military Justice, found guilty of three counts of aggravated assault and relieved of his command. The final Army report: West 'performed illegal acts ... merited court martial ... faced 11 years in prison,'" continues the narrator. "Allen West. He just isn't who he says he is."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Allan West did what he needed to do to protect his men after the terrorist they got killed two of his men.  Yeah, lets instead vote for a leftist enviro crony like the other idiot running instead.   ::)  ::)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
GMAFB - the man is a hero for what he did. 

Only pofs leftists would attack him for what he did. 

you're calling the military a bunch of pofs leftists ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
you're calling the military a bunch of pofs leftists ?

The military has become extremely pc w the ROI and other matters.   

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
The military has become extremely pc w the ROI and other matters.   

so that's a yes ?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
so that's a yes ?

Yes.   You read anything about the poor slobs in afghanistan and how that grifting muslim freak show changed the ROI to where our guys are getting slaughtered? 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Allen West

22 minutes ago.

Today my opponent, behind in the polls and desperate, launched a false tv ad attempting to smear my military record. I stand by the actions I took to protect the lives of my men in Iraq in 2003. I did not face a court martial. I paid a small fine for breaking rules in an effort to save the lives of my soldiers. I have an honorable discharge certificate as a Lieutenant Colonel and I voluntarily submitted my retirement paperwork upon redeploying from Iraq...something that Patrick Murphy has never done. If put in that situation, it is obvious that Patrick Murphy would not risk his life or endanger his career for those he was entrusted to lead. What kind of man believes he can equate or somehow excuse his drunken brawling and a verbal assault on a police officer by attempting to smear a combat veteran who retired honorably after 22 years of service? Patrick Murphy

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Allen West

22 minutes ago.

Today my opponent, behind in the polls and desperate, launched a false tv ad attempting to smear my military record. I stand by the actions I took to protect the lives of my men in Iraq in 2003. I did not face a court martial. I paid a small fine for breaking rules in an effort to save the lives of my soldiers. I have an honorable discharge certificate as a Lieutenant Colonel and I voluntarily submitted my retirement paperwork upon redeploying from Iraq...something that Patrick Murphy has never done. If put in that situation, it is obvious that Patrick Murphy would not risk his life or endanger his career for those he was entrusted to lead. What kind of man believes he can equate or somehow excuse his drunken brawling and a verbal assault on a police officer by attempting to smear a combat veteran who retired honorably after 22 years of service? Patrick Murphy

He could say what he wants but he was admonished by the USMJ very severely for his actions and he's very lucky he was not court martialed or he would have done 11 years and gotten a dismissal (dishonorable discharge for officers). 

He not only attacked a civilian...but a civilian police officer that was on our side who was beaten severely.  His argument about protecting soldier is bullshit in my opinion but that's for Florida to decide.  Personally, he should thank God that he didn't get court martialed and got off very lightly.

Allen West opened himself up with the attack with that ad that had nothing to do with the campaign whatsoever.  BTW, those charges against Patrick Murphy were actually dismissed and quite frankly, I don't see anything unusual about a kid drinking while they are in college.  West needs to grow some balls and run a cleaner campaign
A

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
The Iraqi cops, especially at that time were pretty untrustworthy to say the least. He did what he had to do to take care of his guys. They did an investigation...he could have gotten lite up but there's alot of back story to it and had they gone to a court martial alot of people, including the current chief of staff and our 'allies" in the Iraqi government would have looked bad. So he got off.
L

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I kind of like West he is pretty stright forward unlike most politicians.

And who cares if he beat up a guy? They were over there shooting people and a  little beating gets people fired up?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
I kind of like West he is pretty stright forward unlike most politicians.

And who cares if he beat up a guy? They were over there shooting people and a  little beating gets people fired up?

He beat up a person who was on OUR SIDE FIGHTING IRAQI TERRORISTS...that's the problem.  Even he admitted that he was wrong for doing that. 
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

He beat up a person who was on OUR SIDE FIGHTING IRAQI TERRORISTS...that's the problem.  Even he admitted that he was wrong for doing that. 

West is an ass kicker - we need more like him to boot people in the ass. 

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Its war shit happens dude.

Its healthy to recieve a beating once in a while its good for the ego as well :)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Allen West is the man and did what was required to keep his men safe. Good for him.