Author Topic: Obama / Hillary lies blown to smitherines on BenghaziGate - YOU LIE!  (Read 16964 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Obama / Hillary lies blown to smitherines on BenghaziGate - YOU LIE!
« Reply #50 on: October 08, 2012, 09:54:58 AM »
In a briefing to Capitol Hill staffers delivered the day after the deadly Sept. 11 attack in Benghazi, a top aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said the killings appeared to be the result of a terrorist attack.

Under Secretary of State for Management Patrick F. Kennedy -- who exercises responsibility for all department personnel, facilities, and operations, and who is one of the department's most respected civil servants, having served in his position under both the George W. Bush and Obama administrations -- delivered the assessment in an unclassified, half-hour conference call with staff aides to House and Senate lawmakers from relevant committees, and leadership offices, on the evening of Sept. 12.

That a State Department official of Kennedy's rank -- one with direct oversight of the installations and people targeted in Benghazi -- reached so swiftly the conclusion that the attacks were premeditated and coordinated stands in stark contrast to the opposing narrative pressed at that time, and for several days afterward, by other top officials at State, the White House, and the intelligence agencies.

Three days after Kennedy's conference call, for example, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice appeared on five Sunday morning talk shows to insist that the attacks were neither coordinated nor premeditated, but were rather the result of a spontaneous mob action, inspired by an anti-Muslim video on the Internet, that spun out of control.

Rice has since told lawmakers that her comments reflected "the intelligence community's best, current assessment as of the date of my television appearances," and a spokesman to the Director of National Intelligence, James R. Clapper, has said in a statement that the intelligence community "revised our initial assessment to ... (conclude) that it was a deliberate and organized terrorist attack carried out by extremists."

According to participants on the Kennedy call, the under secretary noted he is not a "security expert," but then focused on the presence of light and heavy weapons outside the U.S. consulate and annex in Benghazi where U.S. Ambassador to Libya Chris Stevens and three other Americans had been killed the night before.

"He made clear that this was a sophisticated attack," said one Hill staff aide with a security clearance.  "He indicated this was fairly complex, and not, like, a protest that got out of hand. ... These were not the kind of weapons you tote around."

In subsequent days, Kennedy delivered an in-person, classified briefing to a group composed of many of the same congressional staff aides who had participated on the Sept. 12 conference call.

Fox News and other news organizations have previously reported that earlier on Sept. 12 -- within 24 hours of learning about the murders -- the Obama administration made a secret determination that Benghazi was indeed a terrorist attack.  Doing so enabled them, under the terms of a 2001 anti-terrorism statute, to move men, money and materiel around more freely, and position these assets to meet the threats in Libya and other parts of the Mideast that had recently seen attacks on U.S. installations.  Kennedy's assessment accorded with that determination.

This leaves unexplained how Rice, ostensibly armed with the intelligence community's best assessment, could have offered such a starkly different account in her Sunday show appearances.  As late as Sept. 17, Fox News reported last week, high-level U.S. intelligence officials obtained from outside security contractors assessments of the mortar damage done at the U.S. annex in Benghazi.  Sources told Fox News these officials then used the contractors' mortar damage assessments -- which indicated the presence of at least two highly skilled mortar teams using GPS devices -- to rebut Rice's claims internally.

The next day, on Sept. 18, Matthew Olsen, director of the National Counterterrorism Center, testified publicly that the attacks were an act of terrorism - which effectively ended the internal disputes roiling the Obama administration and the intelligence community.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/08/top-clinton-aide-swiftly-briefed-capitol-hill-on-coordinated-attack/#ixzz28j9gtYZE

OBAMA RICE AND HILLARY LIED THEIR FUCKING ASSES OFF. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2012, 04:59:48 PM »
AP sources: We didn't link Libya attack to video
 Associated Press ^ | Oct. 9, 2012 | BRADLEY KLAPPER and LARRY MARGASAK

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 7:58:21 PM by Free ThinkerNY

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The State Department said Tuesday it never concluded that the consulate attack in Libya stemmed from protests over an American-made video ridiculing Islam, raising further questions about why the Obama administration used that explanation for more than a week after assailants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

The revelation came as new documents suggested internal disagreement over appropriate levels of security before the attack, which occurred on the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11 terror attacks on the U.S.

(Excerpt) Read more at hosted.ap.org ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2012, 05:59:11 PM »
obama has to keep the waters muddy about this issue, continually reminding us that he killed bin laden and that romney doesn't have that many differences from him on foreign policy.

and 33, you gotta admit, their positions on everything aren't that different.  I'd say the ONLY thing different is that romney wants do increase military spending by 20% - and obama (and you agree with him by the way) wants to LOWER military spending. 

We have 50k troops in south korea (knowing damn well any war with NKorea would involve very fast missiles raining down) and we cannot get more than 4 marines to guard this embassy?  W?  T?  F? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 09, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »
obama has to keep the waters muddy about this issue, continually reminding us that he killed bin laden and that romney doesn't have that many differences from him on foreign policy.

and 33, you gotta admit, their positions on everything aren't that different.  I'd say the ONLY thing different is that romney wants do increase military spending by 20% - and obama (and you agree with him by the way) wants to LOWER military spending. 

We have 50k troops in south korea (knowing damn well any war with NKorea would involve very fast missiles raining down) and we cannot get more than 4 marines to guard this embassy?  W?  T?  F? 
so what youre saying is that the one "strong point" obama has in this entire debacle of a presidency is basically the same stance as romney?

well I guess obama is fucked then seeing as the rest of the issues romney kicks his ass in.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 09, 2012, 06:17:32 PM »
so what youre saying is that the one "strong point" obama has in this entire debacle of a presidency is basically the same stance as romney?

well I guess obama is fucked then seeing as the rest of the issues romney kicks his ass in.

I'm saying obama had those positions first - he adopted them from bush.

Can romney list 5 things he'd do DIFFERENTLY as prez?  No.
He'll tell us 5 things he'll do BETTER but it'll be vague - I'll spend more, respond faster, blah blah, but changing policy? no. 

Aside from arming the syrian rebels with weapons so they can shoot at our soldiers eventually...

tony, can YOU list 5 differences in the foreign policy positions of these 2 neocons? 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 09, 2012, 06:19:40 PM »
I'm saying obama had those positions first - he adopted them from bush.

Can romney list 5 things he'd do DIFFERENTLY as prez?  No.
He'll tell us 5 things he'll do BETTER but it'll be vague - I'll spend more, respond faster, blah blah, but changing policy? no. 

Aside from arming the syrian rebels with weapons so they can shoot at our soldiers eventually...

tony, can YOU list 5 differences in the foreign policy positions of these 2 neocons? 
LOL if you think these two have the same agenda especially economically your a bigger moron then the person who admitted you to an mba program.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 09, 2012, 06:32:01 PM »
LOL if you think these two have the same agenda especially economically your a bigger moron then the person who admitted you to an mba program.

i'm asking you to tell me 5 major differences between their foreign policies?

Obama's taken a lot of heat for being a neocon on many things - and romney's team is comprised of many bush era neocons.

I hear mitt saying lots of vague things like "faster response" and "greater money for defense" but I'd love to hear 5 REAL differences - how would he handle libya any differently?  Obama's just following bush policy on iraq and afghanistan and iran too.

Really, obama is a neocon's wet dream - I don't know what team romneycon is going to do differently.

And since I asked you to list 5, and you didn't, I dont think you know either ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2012, 06:33:58 PM »
i'm asking you to tell me 5 major differences between their foreign policies?

Obama's taken a lot of heat for being a neocon on many things - and romney's team is comprised of many bush era neocons.

I hear mitt saying lots of vague things like "faster response" and "greater money for defense" but I'd love to hear 5 REAL differences - how would he handle libya any differently?  Obama's just following bush policy on iraq and afghanistan and iran too.

Really, obama is a neocon's wet dream - I don't know what team romneycon is going to do differently.

And since I asked you to list 5, and you didn't, I dont think you know either ;)

Russia
China
World Kneepad Tour
Building up the Navy
Israel

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2012, 06:43:16 PM »
Russia
China
World Kneepad Tour
Building up the Navy
Israel

dude, if you think romney is going to change a thing with russia, china, you're smoking some good shit you should share.  Bush, clinton and obama all played ball with them.

Kneepad tour?  yes, romney will be a dick to them and that will be awesome.

build up the navy/  yes, we can afford that.  goodness knows with our weak navy today, people are jjust meeting with us left and right lol...

#5?  Romney admitted nothting will get done here - have you seen that video from the waiter table?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2012, 06:48:03 PM »
dude, if you think romney is going to change a thing with russia, china, you're smoking some good shit you should share.  Bush, clinton and obama all played ball with them.

Kneepad tour?  yes, romney will be a dick to them and that will be awesome.

build up the navy/  yes, we can afford that.  goodness knows with our weak navy today, people are jjust meeting with us left and right lol...

#5?  Romney admitted nothting will get done here - have you seen that video from the waiter table?

Yes - mittens won me over w that quote.   The Romney i voted for in 2008 primary is emerging and will be our next Reagan if he does what he is promising   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »
AP SOURCES: STATE DEPARTMENT NEVER LINKED LIBYA ATTACK TO ANTI-MUSLIM VIDEO
 The Blaze ^ | October 9, 2012 | Jason Howerton

Posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2012 9:04:45 PM by Snuph

The State Department said Tuesday it never concluded that the consulate attack in Libya stemmed from protests over an American-made video ridiculing Islam, raising further questions about why the Obama administration used that explanation for more than a week after assailants killed the U.S. ambassador and three other Americans.

(Excerpt) Read more at theblaze.com ...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2012, 08:32:20 PM »
Yes - mittens won me over w that quote.   The Romney i voted for in 2008 primary is emerging and will be our next Reagan if he does what he is promising   

i hope youre right.

mitt won you over the minute he said "I am not barry obama".

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 09, 2012, 08:38:03 PM »
i hope youre right.

mitt won you over the minute he said "I am not barry obama".

True. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2012, 10:17:20 AM »
U.S. Security Official in Libya Tells Congressional Investigators About ‘Inappropriately Low’ Security at Benghazi Post

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2012/10/u-s-security-official-in-libya-tells-congressional-investigators-about-inappropriately-low-security-at-benghazi-post

STR/AFP/GettyImages

ABC News has learned that Eric Nordstrom, the former Regional Security Officer at the U.S. Embassy in Libya, has told congressional investigators that security at the U.S. diplomatic post in Benghazi, Libya, was “inappropriately low” – and believed that State Department officials stood in the way of his attempts to change that.

Nordstrom and the commander of a 16-member Security Support Team, Lieutenant Colonel Andrew Wood, heard that foreign fighters were flowing across the Egyptian border and were making their way across the border to the Libyan city of Derna – which is to the east of Benghazi — and from there were making their way to Benghazi. But State Department officials seemed oblivious to their Benghazi post’s vulnerability.

Nordstrom was worried -he did not know how much the Americans could rely on members of a local Libyan militia in Benghazi that provided security — the “17th of February Martyrs Brigade.” Mostly merchants and shopkeepers before the war, they seemed eager, but they hadn’t much experience and other than a daily $30 stipend for food from the U.S. Embassy, they hadn’t been paid in months.

Nordstrom had “no idea if they would respond to an attack,” he told investigators.

The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, led by Rep. Darrell Issa, R-Calif., will hold hearings on what went wrong today at noon ET. Nordstrom will testify at that hearing.

Nordstrom twice wrote to the State Department – in March and July 2012 — to beef up the presence of American security officers in Benghazi, but neither time was there a response. At no point from December 2011 through July 2012, when he left Libya, were more than three Diplomatic Security Service agents permanently and simultaneously stationed at the Benghazi post.

Nordstrom wanted at least five personnel to be stationed at Benghazi, but the State Department would not allow it. There were American security officers, however, at the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, including three Mobile Security Detachments, which were part of the DSS, and a 16-member Security Support Team detailed from Special Operations Command AFRICOM, commanded by Wood. But the State Department would not give him permission to deploy them to be stationed at Benghazi. Deputy Assistant Secretary for international programs Charlene Lamb, in Nordstrom’s view, wanted to keep the number of U.S. security personnel in Benghazi “artificially low,” according to a memo for Democrats on the House Oversight Committee.

Wood, a former Green Beret, told ABC News that he and other members of the Security Support Team wanted to remain in Libya past their deployment was scheduled to end in August, and that Ambassador Stevens wanted them to remain as well. Nordstrom has said that Lamb told him not to request for the Security Support Team to be extended again. (Its deployment had been previously extended in February 2012.)

Lamb will testify before the House committee later today.

“I do recall one conversation with her where she (Lamb) said that since we now had a residential safe haven in Benghazi that she didn’t seem to have a problem with having no agents on the compound because if something happened then personnel could simply go to that residential safe haven,” Nordstrom told investigators.

That safe haven proved a deathtrap. Situated inside the main residence in Benghazi, consisting of three bedrooms and a bathroom set aside from the rest of the building by metal grillwork and several locks, the safe haven is where Stevens and information officer Sean Smith suffered severe smoke inhalation after the attackers set the house on fire.

On Tuesday afternoon, State Department officials acknowledged that despite earlier explanations from the Obama administration, there was no protest outside the Benghazi compound at all. Only an hour before gunmen methodically and deliberately stormed the post, the streets were empty and everything seemed calm. Obama administration officials originally claimed the trouble began with demonstrations against an anti-Muslim video, a protest that, U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Susan Rice told ABC News’ THIS WEEK on the Sunday after the attack, “seems to have been hijacked, let us say, by some individual clusters of extremists.”

Rice and White House officials now say those initial accounts were based on early intelligence, since corrected. State Department officials now call the attack unprecedented given the number of gunman, weapons and lethal force used.

-Jake Tapper

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2012, 10:51:49 AM »
US Embassy in Libya Sought $13,000-Per-Year Bodyguards..Preference to..‘Same-Sex Domestic Partners
 CNSNews ^ | October 10, 2012 | Terence P. Jeffrey

Posted on Wednesday, October 10, 2012 12:51:01 PM

(CNSNews.com) - In the months leading up to the Sept. 11 terrorist attack on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, the U.S. Embassy in Libya was seeking to hire two bodyguards with “limited” English language skills at salaries of about $13,000 per year.

Job descriptions for these openings that the U.S. Embassy in Libya posted online said the State Department would give preference in filling them to qualified U.S. citizens who were family members of U.S. government employees.

The job descriptions explicitly stated that this included the “same-sex domestic partners” of U.S. government employees.

In addition to the two bodyguards, the U.S. Embassy in Tripoli, Libya was also seeking a security guard, a surveillance detection specialist, a chauffeur for the consulate in Benghazi and a “Senior Guard” for the Local Guard Force working to secure the embassy.

(Excerpt) Read more at cnsnews.com ...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2012, 01:29:51 PM »

Lamb to the slaughter

Posted By Josh RoginWednesday, October 10, 2012 - 3:59 PM Share

In an often heated congressional hearing Wednesday, lawmakers and witnesses alike pointed to State Department official Charlene Lamb as the person most directly responsible for rejecting multiple requests for increased security at the U.S. diplomatic missions in Libya prior to the Sept. 11 attack.

House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrel Issa (R-CA) excoriated the State Department for rejecting requests from the U.S. Embassy in Libya for an extension of temporary security forces that were withdrawn in the months prior to the attack that killed Amb. Chris Stevens and three other Americans.

In a dramatic moment at the hearing, Issa released unclassified cables from March and July that the State Department had refused to release, detailing those requests.

One cable, written by then Amb. Gene Cretz, noted that three Mobile Security Detachments [MSD], consisting of 18 personnel, and the Site Security Team [SST], consisting of 16 personnel, were about to leave their temporary assignments. He said that the Libya mission needed both an extension of those forces and an increase in the number of permanent security officials in Libya.

The SST is a team of U.S. military personnel that was deployed to assist the embassy staff on a temporary basis for 60 days and then extended for another 60 days, but not extended for a third 60 day tour.

During the hearing, the top regional security officer in Libya over the summer Eric Nordstrom and Lt. Col. Andrew Wood, a Utah National Guardsman who was leading a security team in Libya until August, placed the blame squarely on Lamb, the deputy assistant secretary of state for international programs, whom they said was the official who denied those requests.

"All of us at post were in sync that we wanted these resources," Nordstrom testified, adding that Lamb had directly told him over the phone not to make the requests, but that Cretz decided to do it anyway.

"In those conversations, I was specifically told [by Lamb] ‘You cannot request an SST extension.' I determined I was told that because there would be too much political cost. We went ahead and requested it anyway," Nordstrom said.

Nordstrom, who said in his opening statement that he understood the balance needed to manage risk at high-threat posts to allow diplomats to do their work, criticized the State Department for failing to plan for security in Libya after the team's departure.

"Once the first team of [temporary personnel] expired, there was a complete and total lack of planning for what was going to happen next," he said. "There was no plan, there was just hope that everything would get better."

Nordstrom also said that he received a danger pay increase after the U.S. security teams left because the official assessment of the danger for U.S. personnel in Libya had increased.

Lamb defended her decision not to extend the missions of the MSD and SST teams, arguing that the mission of those teams had changed and that in any case they were replaced by local Libyan security personnel. The post had agreed that having only three diplomatic security agents in Benghazi was sufficient, she claimed.

""We had the correct number of assets in Benghazi on the night of 9/11," Lamb testified.

"That doesn't ring true to the American people," Issa responded.

Nordstrom said that Lamb never responded to the Tripoli embassy's request for continued security resources in what he considered a rejection, even if Lamb never issued a written objection. Lamb said that the U.S. mission in Libya had not been specific enough in its requests for forces, but Nordstrom pointed to the cables as evidence that was simply not true.

Lamb said that the specialized skills contained in the forces were being acquired by Libyan forces.

"We had been training local Libyans and arming them for almost a year," Lamb said. She also said that the extension of the SST in Tripoli "would not have made any difference in Benghazi."

Wood pointed out that the SST had traveled to Benghazi at least twice to help protect the top U.S. official at that mission and he dismissed that idea that local Libya forces could have the same specialized skills as by the U.S. security personnel that were removed.

"We felt great frustration that those requests were ignored or just never met," Wood testified.

Under Secretary of State for Management Patrick Kennedy said he disagreed with Lamb and was inclined to support an extension of the SST mission in Libya, before he was cut off by Issa because time had expired.

Kennedy and Lamb were also pressed several times to explain why senior officials including U.N. Ambassador Susan Rice made statements in the days after the attack describing it as a reaction to an anti-Islam video, considering that the State Department was monitoring the events that night in real time.

Kennedy suggested that another government agency was to blame.

"There were reports that we received that there were protests, and I would not go any further than that," Kennedy said, citing a reluctance to go into detail in open session. Other officials, including Rice, have said that they based their comments on the intelligence community's initial, albeit caveated, assessment.

But Wood testified that there was no way anyone who was following the events in real time could conclude the attacks were anything but a terrorist attack.

"It was instantly recognizable as a terrorist attack. We almost expected the attack to come. It was a matter of time," Wood said. "[Al Qaeda's] presence grows there every day. They are certainly more established there than we are."

IMPEACH

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2012, 03:21:51 PM »
Attackers or Terrorists? State Dep't Security Chief: 'I'm Not Making Any Judgments'

By Elizabeth Harrington

October 10, 2012

Subscribe to Elizabeth Harrington's posts

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State Charlene Lamb testifies before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee on Wednesday, Oct. 10, 2012 (AP Photo)

(CNSNews.com) – The State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary of International Programs, Charlene R. Lamb, responsible for security at 285 embassies and consulates, used the word "attack" five times and "attackers" four times in describing the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya but when asked why she did not call it "terrorism," Lamb said, "I'm not making any judgments on my own."

Lamb, as her State Department bio reads, is "responsible for the safety and security of over 285 overseas Embassies and Consulates and oversees the 550 special agent/security professionals posted at those locations."

Lamb testified today before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee about the Sept. 11, 2012 terrorist attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, where the ambassador and three other Americans were killed.

In her testimony, Lamb described the incident as an "attack" five times:

-- "Additionally, I was in our Diplomatic Security Command Center monitoring multiple open lines with our agents for much of the attack." (Emphasis added.)

-- "The attack began at approximately 9:40 p.m. local time."

-- "Let me add here that over the course of the attack, two local Libyan security personnel were beaten, and two were shot."

-- "When the attack began ...."

Lamb also described the people who overran the consulate as "attackers" on four occasions in her testimony:

-- "Dozens of attackers then launched a full-scale assault that was unprecedented in its size and intensity."

-- "When they attempted to return to the main building, they encountered armed attackers and doubled back to Building B."

-- "The attackers used diesel fuel to set the main building ablaze."

-- "At the same time, attackers swept across the compound towards the Tactical Operations Center and Building B."

At no time in her prepared testimony did Lamb refer to the Sept. 11 incident as a terrorist act or terrorist attacker, and she did not describe the perpetrators as terrorists.

Rep. Dan Burton (R-Ind.) pressed Lamb, who appeared as a witness on Capitol Hill on the security breaches surrounding the attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi last month, following her testimony:

“Today as I listen to people, and you, Ms. Lamb, have said you’ve described these attackers in a number of ways, but you don’t mention terrorist at all. Why is that?” Burton asked.

“The compound had been attacked once before and breached, and these people had all these weapons, projectiles, grenades, all kinds of weapons. Why would you call this anything but a terrorist attack? Why do you call them attackers?” Burton added.

“Sir, I have just presented the facts as they come across,” Lamb said. “I am not making any judgments on my own.”

Lamb, as noted, called the events a “full-scale assault that was unprecedented in its size and intensity.”

For days following the attack, the White House said it was “spontaneous,” resulting from protests against an anti-Islamic YouTube video. On Sept. 21, White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said it was “self-evident that what happened in Benghazi was a terrorist attack.”

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2012, 04:38:15 PM »
State Dept. Meltdown at Benghazi Hearing
Alana Goodman | @alanagoodman 10.10.2012 - 4:45 PM

The Obama administration’s Benghazi response continued to unravel at the House Oversight Committee hearing today, as State Department officials struggled unsuccessfully to get their stories straight.

Ambassador Patrick Kennedy defended UN Ambassador Susan Rice’s claim on September 16 that the attack was part of a spontaneous protest that erupted over an anti-Islam video, saying that anyone at the State Department would have said the same thing as Rice based on the intelligence available at the time. “If any administration official, including any career official, were on television on Sunday, September 16, they would have said what Ambassador Rice said. The information she had at that point from the intelligence community is the same that I had at that point,” said Kennedy.

But, as Republicans on the Oversight Committee pointed out, that appears to contradict Kennedy’s comments from a September 12 unclassified briefing, when he reportedly called it a terrorist attack.

Another State Department official, Charlene Lamb, wrote in her prepared testimony (but did not read aloud) that she was able to monitor the attack “in almost real-time” once a Diplomatic Security agent activated the imminent danger notification system. Yet she didn’t explain why the State Department and other administration officials initially said spontaneous protests were responsible for the attack, if there had been officials monitoring it in real-time.

Both Kennedy’s and Lamb’s comments also contradicted the State Department’s latest official position. In a conference call last night, senior State Department officials told reporters that the department had never believed the attack stemmed from a spontaneous protest:

Asked if the State Department agreed with the White House conclusion that the attack was sparked by the video instead of a planned terror attack on U.S. civilians, the official stated, “that is the question you’d have to ask others, that was not our conclusion.”

That statement contradicts what the U.S. Ambassador to the U.N. Susan Rice said on Sunday morning political talk shows on Sept. 16.

The officials also struggled to defend the security situation at the consulate. “We had the correct number of assets in Benghazi” at the time of the attack, Lamb told the committee. Kennedy seemed to dispute this later in the hearing, saying that State Department security is “never going to have enough guns” to prevent full-force military attacks like the one in Benghazi.

Meanwhile, Benghazi security official Lt. Col. Woods, a whistle-blower working with the Oversight Committee, said he “knew instantly” Benghazi was a terrorist attack. Woods added that he “almost expected the attack” because of the regular threats and security breaches in the area, and the fact that “we were the last flag flying” after the British ambassador had his convoy bombed and pulled out of Benghazi.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2012, 05:52:31 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: October 10, 2012, 06:17:38 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: October 10, 2012, 06:18:27 PM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: October 10, 2012, 06:20:09 PM »

Obama and Hillary need to be arrested.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 10, 2012, 06:26:53 PM »
Obama and Hillary lied - people died

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2012, 07:08:51 PM »