Author Topic: Presidential Debate - Discussion  (Read 58041 times)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: Tonight's Presidential Debate Discussion
« Reply #200 on: October 03, 2012, 09:16:00 PM »
No...Obama had a massive turnout in 2008, it was truly historic in terms of young voters, blacksand hispanics.  If Obama can't replicate that turnout...and most of the polls showing him ahead are using that criteria...he will lose.  He isn't goig to get that turnout with performances like tonight's.

Believe me...he got rolled.  Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews and Bill Maher sure think so...

I think that Obama is going to still have the votes to win.  It will be by a smaller margin than 4 years ago but he'll win.  2008 was a no brainer for Democrats to win...2012 isn't
A

MP

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy metal. The only way.
« Reply #201 on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:01 PM »

I think that Obama is going to still have the votes to win.  It will be by a smaller margin than 4 years ago but he'll win.  2008 was a no brainer for Democrats to win...2012 isn't

In addition to building huts, selling sh*t on your website and entering contests in delusional condition, you're now tackling political analysis? Aren't you taking on a bit much?

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #202 on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:19 PM »
Rubbing it in to the 94bots is fun.

Keep up the good work!!!

Either way I win, I'll either get to see all these dirt bag liberals, lesbians and minorities that want something for nothing and hate freedom meltdown when Romney gets elected or I'll get to see all these crazy Christian extremists and war mongers that love Israel and hate freedom go nuts when Obama gets elected!  8)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #203 on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:22 PM »
No...Obama had a massive turnout in 2008, it was truly historic in terms of young voters, blacksand hispanics.  If Obama can't replicate that turnout...and most of the polls showing him ahead are using that criteria...he will lose.  He isn't goig to get that turnout with performances like tonight's.

Believe me...he got rolled.  Ed Schultz, Chris Matthews and Bill Maher sure think so...

Ed, Chris, and Bill are still going to vote for Obama.....the debates don't make much of a difference and I don't see this one changing anyone's minds...its just a 2 hour advertisement for both candidates.  
A

Bgpapi23

• Getbig II
« Reply #204 on: October 03, 2012, 09:18:38 PM »
Romney didn't earn anything.   He waged a dishonest campaign and outspent everyone 20 to  1
Quote from: 333386 on January 29, 2012, 09:08:59 PM
Romney is the foil.      Anyone not seeing that is delusional.   Romney s a piece of shit.  
Quote from: 333386 on January 29, 2012, 08:39:29 PM
Because they know Romney is a time bomb waiting to blow that will give Obama a second term on a platter.

I fucking hate romney.  
Quote from: 333386 on August 09, 2012, 08:17:33 AM

Romney's campaign is a complete mess.

^^^^^Did u say this or not son????

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #205 on: October 03, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »
I like you 333386, but I've got to ask... Why in the hell do you just repeat the same shit over and over and over without really ever responding to anyone else?  ??? ;D

You're like some kind of Republican Forum Bot.
lol

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #206 on: October 03, 2012, 09:20:36 PM »
In addition to building huts, selling sh*t on your website and entering contests in delusional condition, you're now tackling political analysis? Aren't you taking on a bit much?

Don't see your house, don't see you making any money from bodybuilding, and I don't see any blue stars under your name......seems to me that you're jelly about my success.....but we can debate that another time.... ;)
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #207 on: October 03, 2012, 09:21:01 PM »

Ed, Chris, and Bill are still going to vote for Obama.....the debates don't make much of a difference and I don't see this one changing anyone's minds...its just a 2 hour advertisement for both candidates.  
Thats not what you were arguing originally.. but there is some truth to this. They're both fighting for the independent's right now. And Romney just landed a huge blow. They both need the independent vote to win. Obama does have the black vote and the latino vote all but locked up though (in all likelyhood)

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #208 on: October 03, 2012, 09:24:00 PM »
Thats not what you were arguing originally.. but there is some truth to this. They're both fighting for the independent's right now. And Romney just landed a huge blow. They both need the independent vote to win. Obama does have the black vote and the latino vote all but locked up though (in all likelyhood)

Most independents have decided on who they are going to vote on...at least I have.  Those who haven't decided usually don't even vote at all so they don't really count.
A

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #209 on: October 03, 2012, 09:25:33 PM »

Most independents have decided on who they are going to vote on...at least I have.  Those who haven't decided usually don't even vote at all so they don't really count.
Yeah, well you are not most independents. Besides, you're totally downplaying the effect these debates have on people. People are fickle and stupid, and these things are usually decided on appearances. And Romney definitely showed up tonight. Obama did not.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #210 on: October 03, 2012, 09:26:42 PM »
he also sucks autistic white males cocks on a daily basis to sustain his lifestyle, as said autistic white dude works to pay the bills while vincerella stays at home living in his bubble all year long.

And you wonder why he s a obonga voter? 

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #211 on: October 03, 2012, 09:32:22 PM »
Yeah, well you are not most independents. Besides, you're totally downplaying the effect these debates have on people. People are fickle and stupid, and these things are usually decided on appearances. And Romney definitely showed up tonight. Obama did not.

People have to watch the debate for it to matter and the number of people watching them has gone down a great deal over the years.  Even after the final debate...there will be almost a month left for both parties to make their cases with ads and appearances.
A

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #212 on: October 03, 2012, 09:33:15 PM »
Vince - obama got killed.   

Jadeveon Clowney

• Getbig V
  • The life is like a case of chocolate bonbon.
« Reply #213 on: October 03, 2012, 09:34:16 PM »
Vince - obama got killed.  

Secret service alerted.  Carry on now.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #214 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41:06 PM »
Vince...you're delusional.  Accross the board...amongst Liberals and Conservatives...the consensus is that Obam got killed.  It doesn't matter if five people saw it live, the narrative over the next few days in the media will be Romney won...Obama lost.  People who didn't even see it will be saying that.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #215 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41:24 PM »
Romney can not win. Sorry.
a

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #216 on: October 03, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
Romney can not win. Sorry.

Reagan couldn't win in 1980, either.

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
CNN: Romney dominates debate - 67%: Romney beat Obama in debate
« Reply #217 on: October 03, 2012, 09:46:23 PM »
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/03/politics/debate-main/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

"A week ago, people were saying this was over. We've got a horse race," said CNN Senior Political Analyst David Gergen, who called the debate Romney's best so far after the 22 the former Massachusetts governor took part in during the GOP primary campaign.

Alex Castellanos, a Republican strategist and CNN contributor, expressed surprise at Romney's strong performance, saying he "rose to the moment" and seemed to benefit from the multiple primary debates.

"It looked like Romney wanted to be there and President Obama didn't want to be there," noted Democratic strategist and CNN contributor James Carville. "The president didn't bring his 'A' game."

A CNN/ORC International poll of 430 people who watched the debate showed 67% thought Romney won, compared to 25% for Obama.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #218 on: October 03, 2012, 09:47:06 PM »
Reagan couldn't win in 1980, either.
Well... to be fair, Romney isn't Reagan either.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: October 03, 2012, 09:50:19 PM »
Romney doesn't need to be Reagan....Obama isn't as competent as Carter was.   How sad is that?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #220 on: October 03, 2012, 09:51:53 PM »
Romney doesn't need to be Reagan....Obama isn't as competent as Carter was.   How sad is that?
Never said he did need to be. Just pointing out that Romney is no Reagan.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: October 03, 2012, 09:53:51 PM »
Never said he did need to be. Just pointing out that Romney is no Reagan.

I couldn't agree more. But, of course, this is hardly the first time the libs have claimed that a Republican can't win, only to watch that Republican beat the brakes off their guy on election day (the most recent example being Scott Walker vs. Tom Barrett, part 2, in Wisconsin).

Bgpapi23

• Getbig II
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2012, 09:55:11 PM »
Vince Why in the hell does my words keep coming back biting in my ass and now I've lost all credibility, not that I had any anyways :-*

Fixed

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #223 on: October 03, 2012, 09:57:54 PM »
I couldn't agree more. But, of course, this is hardly the first time the libs have claimed that a Republican can't win, only to watch that Republican beat the brakes off their guy on election day (the most recent example being Scott Walker vs. Tom Barrett, part 2, in Wisconsin).
The problem is that it's so hard to get an accurate depiction of the political climate across the country...

All major outlets have an agenda and tailor their polls to portray a certain image, and then proceed to tell the country what the outcome is going to be. That can turn many potential voters off from voting altogether.

Of course, that may be the intention, keep telling the public who's going to win enough, and maybe it'll cause some voters to stay home.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
« Reply #224 on: October 03, 2012, 09:59:44 PM »
  They are making out that Obama got smoked by Romney.