Author Topic: Predict the next bombshell to take debate out of the news  (Read 1025 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Predict the next bombshell to take debate out of the news
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:31:22 PM »
Okay, Obama looked tired and romney looked like he had a makeover.  Obama wasn't mentally into it and lost. 

Now, what will he - the President - do to knock it off the news and get the American people behind him?  bomb a 'terror' camp near the embassy that got attacked?  release ten vides of Paul Ryan saying he plans to privatize medicare?  Something else?

No way Obama lets this last more than a day.  I'm betting tomorrow afternoon they leak/do something huge to get Tuesday's news onto something new.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
Re: Predict the next bombshell to take debate out of the news
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 11:39:56 PM »
Okay, Obama looked tired and romney looked like he had a makeover.  Obama wasn't mentally into it and lost. 

Now, what will he - the President - do to knock it off the news and get the American people behind him?  bomb a 'terror' camp near the embassy that got attacked?  release ten vides of Paul Ryan saying he plans to privatize medicare?  Something else?

No way Obama lets this last more than a day.  I'm betting tomorrow afternoon they leak/do something huge to get Tuesday's news onto something new.

Haha.. Were starting to wise up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 11:44:41 PM »
Haha.. Were starting to wise up.

;D

Any dbag who leaves his lunch box on a park bench will dominate the news with "bomb scare".   or maybe "new intel reveals a leader of the Embassy attacks, a man with connections to blah-blah-blah.  And of course, they do have 2 dozen tapes of Paul Ryan saying "I WILL privatize medicare" that they've been holding for an ass-whooping, it's probably time for that.

My point is that there is NO WAY the obama team lets this lead the headlines for 2 days.  They'll take a 1 day hit, then boom, they'll redirect the conversation.  The CTer in me says that they wanted obama to lose this one, so it's a more amazing storyline when he perseveres and overcomes and beats romney in the end.  Nobody likes a football game thats a 24 point lead after 1 quarter.  People stop watching.  media NEEDS it to be closer to keep people glued to the next debate ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 11:58:07 PM »
uh, they're already running the headline from the debate quoting Romney: "I like PBS, I love Big Bird"

Liberal media bias going to town :D

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 12:12:05 AM »
uh, they're already running the headline from the debate quoting Romney: "I like PBS, I love Big Bird"

Liberal media bias going to town :D

FOX news said the moderator had zero control of the debate, and they pointed out one situation where romney was given 3 minutes to answer a 2 minute quesiton, and never addressed the question.   http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/03/lehrers-road-kill-showing-makes-obamas-weak-debate-performance-look-good/

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 12:29:06 AM »
FOX news said the moderator had zero control of the debate, and they pointed out one situation where romney was given 3 minutes to answer a 2 minute quesiton, and never addressed the question.   http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2012/10/03/lehrers-road-kill-showing-makes-obamas-weak-debate-performance-look-good/

To be fair they did bill this debate event prior to tonight as being a debate where they would have more freedom so it was kinda planned this way.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 06:51:19 AM »
Iranian Nuclear facilities get bombed by "someone"
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 06:56:38 AM »

And who said what yesterday?  hhhmmmmmmmmmm

Like I said - when glass jaw obama does not have the leftist msm and the liberal bubble to cover for him, like most leftists, he melts like ice cream in the sun. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 06:27:52 AM »
UE - 7.8%.

Boom.

There's your story.  No more debate talk.

Is the number pure bunk?  Of course.  114k new jobs.  We knew he'd get it to "7-something" and he did.  The mental difference for people of 8 to 7 is a big one.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 06:35:30 AM »
UE - 7.8%.

Boom.

There's your story.  No more debate talk.

Is the number pure bunk?  Of course.  114k new jobs.  We knew he'd get it to "7-something" and he did.  The mental difference for people of 8 to 7 is a big one.

Can you stop acting like you know what you're talking about?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 06:42:04 AM »
Can you stop acting like you know what you're talking about?

I don't know a lot, but I knew it would be less than 2 days and Obama would do whatever lie it takes to push debate out of the news.  And he did.

Media manipulation is something I'm pretty good at seeing these days.  If they didn't have the numbers today, obama woudl have staged pulling a baby from a burning building while on his morning job.  ANYTHING to distract. 

I realllllllllly want Romney to hold up a sheet of paper reading "7.8%"... rip it in half... Say "Fake.".... and walk away from the mic.

But I don't think he will, sadly.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2012, 06:48:19 AM »
I don't know a lot, but I knew it would be less than 2 days and Obama would do whatever lie it takes to push debate out of the news.  And he did.

Media manipulation is something I'm pretty good at seeing these days.  If they didn't have the numbers today, obama woudl have staged pulling a baby from a burning building while on his morning job.  ANYTHING to distract. 

I realllllllllly want Romney to hold up a sheet of paper reading "7.8%"... rip it in half... Say "Fake.".... and walk away from the mic.

But I don't think he will, sadly.

Let see growth rate 1.3% - hmmmm economy is stalled, yet some how the UE magically drops under 8% with what would have to be gang busters job growth. 114K jobs isn't going to do that. To drop the UE that much about 900K jobs would have to be filled.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 06:50:29 AM »
Let see growth rate 1.3% - hmmmm economy is stalled, yet some how the UE magically drops under 8% with what would have to be gang busters job growth. 114K jobs isn't going to do that. To drop the UE that much about 900K jobs would have to be filled.

Agreed - and you coudln't pick a more convenient number.  7.8 just has that ring to it.  7.9, everyone would round up.  7.7 is too far to go.  They said "politically, what number do we want" and they just pulled it out of the air. 

"7.8 - yeah, right".   Paul Ryan, you get the florida or Ohio crowd chanting this all weekend, boss.  YOU CAN DO IT.