Author Topic: Diabetics?  (Read 1493 times)

Aido

• Getbig II
  • Lift, Eat, Rest, Grow, Repeat.
Diabetics?
« on: November 23, 2005, 04:11:35 AM »
Hey all,

wondering if someone could point me to a good source of training infor for diabetics.

I am looking for info on diet, supplements and workout programs if you know where to find it!

scott540

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Re: Diabetics?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2005, 03:58:48 PM »
Aido. I've been lookin for a long time too.  Not much info out there.  Someone here a long time ago pointed me to former pro BB who was a diabetic but I can't remember his name. I'm a type 1 on an insulin pump.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Diabetics?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2005, 09:34:47 AM »
Hey all,

wondering if someone could point me to a good source of training infor for diabetics.

I am looking for info on diet, supplements and workout programs if you know where to find it!

A Zone type of diet is good for diabetics.  With some tweaking, I'm sure you can modify it to work for you.  Supplementation with fish oil can also be helpful (3-6 grams).  Maybe 200mcg chromium as well. 
Training ~ you shouldn't need to do anything special, unless you're type 1 , then you'll need to learn how to adjust your insulin and food around your workouts.  I'd have some dextrose or glucose tabs with you the first few times of a hard, heavy, intense workout just in case.  Learning what foods pre-workout and how much insulin (cuz it will likely change) and time of injection will be key.
: