Author Topic: Obama can't debate -- time to fudge job numbers  (Read 5055 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Obama can't debate -- time to fudge job numbers
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »
  It is very odd, that they come out just like this, right after the debate...
it's not, this is when it's normally released.  everyone expected it.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2012, 08:32:15 AM »
When the unemployment numbers were above 8.0 they were legitimate; fall below and they are fixed. When the national polls had the race at 50:50 they were legitimate; Obama takes a lead and they are fixed. Wait until after the election for the coming of the voter fraud apocalypse.

Notice how every Republican raced to the internet to find the numbers on who won the debate? Of course, all those are legit.
G

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2012, 09:50:38 AM »
When the unemployment numbers were above 8.0 they were legitimate; fall below and they are fixed. When the national polls had the race at 50:50 they were legitimate; Obama takes a lead and they are fixed. Wait until after the election for the coming of the voter fraud apocalypse.

Notice how every Republican raced to the internet to find the numbers on who won the debate? Of course, all those are legit.

You see that's where your wrong, I thought the 8% was bullshit as well......... It was higher than that
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »
A lot of highly experienced, well respected republicans are hating on the UE 'truther' movement.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82087.html?hp=f2

I don't know what high level economic experience West has, which makes him a more viable expert.

I believe the numbers are bullshite, but someone has to prove it with more than "it just doesn't feel right". 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2012, 10:17:34 AM »
A lot of highly experienced, well respected republicans are hating on the UE 'truther' movement.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82087.html?hp=f2

I don't know what high level economic experience West has, which makes him a more viable expert.

I believe the numbers are bullshite, but someone has to prove it with more than "it just doesn't feel right". 
Its about public perception - most people are not going to go out of their way to verify the accuracy of these numbers, and the republicans would come off sounding bitter and desperate to the average person trying to say they're cooked.

Its like calling someone a liar AFTER the debate - to the public, its just sour grapes. To our public, generally whatever hits their ears 1st is truth, and everything after that is damage control.

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2012, 10:21:45 AM »
Somebody needs to tell Allen West that the days of Kid N Play haircuts has long ago ceased.

Does he even take himself seriously at this point?

G

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2012, 10:24:49 AM »
Its like calling someone a liar AFTER the debate - to the public, its just sour grapes. To our public, generally whatever hits their ears 1st is truth, and everything after that is damage control.

well, the dems can show VIDEO of romney with 2 different positions.

Can the repubs prove obama is lying with the BLS numbers?

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2012, 10:31:25 AM »
well, the dems can show VIDEO of romney with 2 different positions.

Can the repubs prove obama is lying with the BLS numbers?
I don't think lying is exactly whats going on. Technically speaking, the BLS numbers aren't lying, it's just that the data that makes up those numbers isn't indicative of the ACTUAL UE.... Its a way to make things look better to the public than they really are.

Again, like "fact checkers", and the "federal" reserve, you stick a tag on it like "UE numbers", and people take it at face value, they don't actually look at what data makes up those numbers.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 11:01:28 AM »
So, how does Obama have the capability to fix unemployment numbers....there would have to be a massive conspiracy in the entire Labor Dept..... ::)
A

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2012, 12:02:57 PM »
So, how does Obama have the capability to fix unemployment numbers....there would have to be a massive conspiracy in the entire Labor Dept..... ::)

Were you born yesterday? For as long as I can remember this gets added that gets subtracted to make things look better than they are. However is in power gets to appoint people, they carry the water for them.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2012, 12:36:50 PM »
Were you born yesterday? For as long as I can remember this gets added that gets subtracted to make things look better than they are. However is in power gets to appoint people, they carry the water for them.

They used the household survey which uses very dicey assumptions.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2012, 01:01:28 PM »
They used the household survey which uses very dicey assumptions.   

who did?  The BLS?  Was this new?  Was it done like this in 2007 or 1999 or 1991?

Please show us that this is a NEW way of doing it, and WHO ordered the change?

Cause if this is whatever every prez does, well, it's hard to argue against something that's been okay until the kenyan did it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2012, 01:03:06 PM »
who did?  The BLS?  Was this new?  Was it done like this in 2007 or 1999 or 1991?

Please show us that this is a NEW way of doing it, and WHO ordered the change?

Cause if this is whatever every prez does, well, it's hard to argue against something that's been okay until the kenyan did it.

Go to zerohedge.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2012, 02:55:17 PM »
Go to zerohedge.

3rd link you've sent me to.   Okay, I'll just peruse the 50,000 pages on their site until I find the one you're mentioning.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2012, 07:12:33 PM »
Prediction: The number gets revised upward and the UE rate reported in November for the month of October will go right back to 8% on the eve of the election.

Either way, this means= Diddly/Squat

You heard it here first.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2012, 07:14:23 PM »
Prediction: The number gets revised upward and the UE rate reported in November for the month of October will go right back to 8% on the eve of the election.

at that point, obama will have spent so much $ in ads (181 mil in the last month alone.. haven't heard romney number yet)

At that point, a revision will be a minor headline, and the damage to romney will be done with early voting and the flurry of last minute, last ditch efforts we always see which blurry the waters.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2012, 07:25:51 PM »
at that point, obama will have spent so much $ in ads (181 mil in the last month alone.. haven't heard romney number yet)

At that point, a revision will be a minor headline, and the damage to romney will be done with early voting and the flurry of last minute, last ditch efforts we always see which blurry the waters.

::)

Care to make a wager on this well informed and thoughtful prediction of yours?

Do you really think that the droves of Americans suffering because of the orangutan in chiefs moronic policies are going to bat an eye because unemployment fictitiously dropped .2% after Romney publicly raped Obama during the first debate? 65 million people watched Obama embarrass himself. Of those 65 million, how many do you think are unemployed or underemployed?

If your premise is correct, why would the 7.8% number have any meaningful impact on the election because of early voting-- while an upwards revision followed by an October number of 8%+ on the eve of the election would have no impact on the outcome?

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2012, 11:35:15 PM »
::)

Care to make a wager on this well informed and thoughtful prediction of yours? Do you really think that the droves of Americans suffering because of the orangutan in chiefs moronic policies are going to bat an eye because unemployment fictitiously dropped .2% after Romney publicly raped Obama during the first debate? 65 million people watched Obama embarrass himself. Of those 65 million, how many do you think are unemployed or underemployed?

If your premise is correct, why would the 7.8% number have any meaningful impact on the election because of early voting-- while an upwards revision followed by an October number of 8%+ on the eve of the election would have no impact on the outcome?

I'd be more than happy to take you up on that wager if 240 does not.  ;)

If you think a slight uptick in the UE number two days before the election will pull it out for Romney, you must also believe another bump downward guarantees the election for Obama.

Either way, you need your head examined. Half the votes will already be in through early voting, with heavey advertising and two more debates solidifying people's already formed opinions of the two candidates.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2012, 11:54:19 PM »

If you think a slight uptick in the UE number two days before the election will pull it out for Romney, you must also believe another bump downward guarantees the election for Obama.

Either way, you need your head examined. Half the votes will already be in through early voting, with heavey advertising and two more debates solidifying people's already formed opinions of the two candidates.

That leaves the undecideds, which historically go in droves AGAINST the incumbent. If that holds and Romney's close, it's lights out for Obama.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2012, 05:24:31 AM »

Early voting is going to result in more than half the votes having already been cast before election day? I would do some research on that if I were you.

Secondly, if you refer to my original post, I said that the 7.8% number means Diddly/Squat. I do not think this will have an impact on the election; just as a revision upward followed by an 8% or + UE will not have an impact on the election. 

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2012, 03:35:02 PM »
Secondly, if you refer to my original post, I said that the 7.8% number means Diddly/Squat. I do not think this will have an impact on the election; just as a revision upward followed by an 8% or + UE will not have an impact on the election. 
I completely disagree.
The 7.8% UE figure practically assures Obama's re-election, as the polls are in his favor anyway.  ;)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2012, 03:46:15 PM »
I completely disagree.
The 7.8% UE figure practically assures Obama's re-election, as the polls are in his favor anyway.  ;)

Lol.  You are in for a rude awakening. 

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2012, 04:03:25 PM »

Lol.  You are in for a rude awakening. 
Wanna bet?  ;D

How about the loser pays $100 and deletes his account.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2012, 04:09:06 PM »
Wanna bet?  ;D

How about the loser pays $100 and deletes his account.

I'm done at 99999 regardless.

Hawk

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2012, 04:16:27 PM »
I'm done at 99999 regardless.
Really?  :o

What gimmick will you use will you do with your life after you reach that number?  :-\