Author Topic: Jason Genova - harsh words for the haters / bulking up  (Read 32464 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: Jason Genova future IFBB Pro has some harsh words for his haters?
« Reply #125 on: October 09, 2012, 07:11:06 PM »
Fucking hilarious!
Mr O top 10 next year.

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #126 on: October 09, 2012, 08:06:17 PM »
dude I treat autism daily,He is autistic just like someone with Aspergers is autistic, that is they are on the autism spectrum. He is certainly not classically autistic, clearly higher functioning.

He has every symptom literally, the awkward etc statement is taken out of context, I listed many more. He even has the classical high pitched voice.

So you're saying that you are an attending psychiatrist, am I correct? Because, while I am not an attending psychiatrist, I spent plenty of time around true autistics/aspergoids for various reasons during training, and I can tell you they don't act like this guy. He fails the eyeball test to me. I'm honestly genuinely perplexed as a medical professional to see people say that he is obviouisly autistic. Maybe I'm just retarded. Here are the DSM IV criteria for autism:

A total of six (or more) items from (A), (B), and (C), with at least two from (A), and one each from (B) and (C)

(A) qualitative impairment in social interaction, as manifested by at least two of the following:

1. marked impairments in the use of multiple nonverbal behaviors such as eye-to-eye gaze, facial expression, body posture, and gestures to regulate social interaction
2. failure to develop peer relationships appropriate to developmental level
3. a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests, or achievements with other people, (e.g., by a lack of showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people)
4. lack of social or emotional reciprocity ( note: in the description, it gives the following as examples: not actively participating in simple social play or games, preferring solitary activities, or involving others in activities only as tools or "mechanical" aids )

(B) qualitative impairments in communication as manifested by at least one of the following:
1. delay in, or total lack of, the development of spoken language (not accompanied by an attempt to compensate through alternative modes of communication such as gesture or mime)
2. in individuals with adequate speech, marked impairment in the ability to initiate or sustain a conversation with others
3. stereotyped and repetitive use of language or idiosyncratic language
4. lack of varied, spontaneous make-believe play or social imitative play appropriate to developmental level

(C) restricted repetitive and stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests and activities, as manifested by at least two of the following:
1. encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped and restricted patterns of interest that is abnormal either in intensity or focus
2. apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals
3. stereotyped and repetitive motor mannerisms (e.g hand or finger flapping or twisting, or complex whole-body movements)
4. persistent preoccupation with parts of objects

And here's Aspergers (which apparently was taken out of DSM-V):

[The following is from Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: DSM IV]
(I) Qualitative impairment in social interaction, as manifested by at least two of the following:
(A) marked impairments in the use of multiple nonverbal behaviors such as eye-to-eye gaze, facial expression, body posture, and gestures to regulate social interaction
(B) failure to develop peer relationships appropriate to developmental level
(C) a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interest or achievements with other people, (e.g.. by a lack of showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people)
(D) lack of social or emotional reciprocity

(II) Restricted repetitive & stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests and activities, as manifested by at least one of the following:

(A) encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped and restricted patterns of interest that is abnormal either in intensity or focus
(B) apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or rituals
(C) stereotyped and repetitive motor mannerisms (e.g. hand or finger flapping or twisting, or complex whole-body movements)
(D) persistent preoccupation with parts of objects

(III) The disturbance causes clinically significant impairments in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

(IV) There is no clinically significant general delay in language (E.G. single words used by age 2 years, communicative phrases used by age 3 years)

(V) There is no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or in the development of age-appropriate self help skills, adaptive behavior (other than in social interaction) and curiosity about the environment in childhood.

Now does Jason Genova really fit these criteria? About the only trait he has is being obsessed with bodybuilding and thinking he's going to be a professional bodybuilder. But hell, one could say that's a trait of mania (he did mention he was being treated with a bipolar drug) or maybe he just has a delusional disorder.

Please, correct me if I'm wrong. If you're an attending psychiatrist, I'll happily admit that I'm wrong.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #127 on: October 09, 2012, 08:10:19 PM »
So you're saying that you are an attending psychiatrist, am I correct?

You do not need to be an attending psychiatrist to treat autism daily. Where did you get that from? You can be a clinical or counseling psychologist, psychiatrist, licensed clinical social worker, licensed mental health counselor, school psychologist, behavior analysis. All can treat autism daily.
X

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #128 on: October 09, 2012, 08:24:39 PM »
You do not need to be an attending psychiatrist to treat autism daily. Where did you get that from? You can be a clinical or counseling psychologist, psychiatrist, licensed clinical social worker, licensed mental health counselor, school psychologist, behavior analysis. All can treat autism daily.

LOL because those people throw around incorrect psychiatric diagnoses all the time. Jesus, if I had a dime for every patient I saw in school given an incorrect psychiatric diagnosis by some mid-level on the outside I'd be a rich man.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #129 on: October 09, 2012, 08:28:56 PM »
LOL because those people throw around incorrect psychiatric diagnoses all the time. Jesus, if I had a dime for every patient I saw in school given an incorrect psychiatric diagnosis by some mid-level on the outside I'd be a rich man.

Try again. Doctoral Level Clinical Psychologists are just as good if not better at diagnosing than Psychiatrists. Clinical Psychologists are trained in diagnosis and assessment, not Psychiatrist. Psychiatrist are the ones who are not accurate in diagnosing.

Doctoral Level Psychologists are not mid level and are often the head of departments, etc.

However, I do agree about the Masters level clinicians. They are not trained in assessment and diagnosis.
X

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2012, 08:33:48 PM »
Try again. Doctoral Level Clinical Psychologists are just as good if not better at diagnosing than Psychiatrists. Clinical Psychologists are trained in diagnosis and assessment, not Psychiatrist. Psychiatrist are the ones who are not accurate in diagnosing.

Doctoral Level Psychologists are often the head of departments, etc.

However, I do agree about the Masters level clinicians. They are not trained in assessment and diagnosis.

Look, irrespective of that, does jason genova meet the criteria l listed? particulary the first category.

1. marked impairments in the use of multiple nonverbal behaviors such as eye-to-eye gaze, facial expression, body posture, and gestures to regulate social interaction
3. a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interests, or achievements with other people, (e.g., by a lack of showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people)
4. lack of social or emotional reciprocity ( note: in the description, it gives the following as examples: not actively participating in simple social play or games, preferring solitary activities, or involving others in activities only as tools or "mechanical" aids )

These are really the core features of autism spectrum disorders. The obsession with bodybuilding could be seen in many disorders. At it's heart, autism and aspergers are really disorders characterized by a failure to relate to others, to seek out emotional reciprocity, etc. I mean, those are the core features. Jason Genova is quite the opposite. He's hilarious and engaging. He loves bragging about his bodybuilding. He acknowledges haters. He appears to have friends. there's nothing to suggest that he can't get along with and relate to others. He just has this abnormal obsession with bodybuilding.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »
Look, irrespective of that, does jason genova meet the criteria l listed? particulary the first category.

These are really the core features of autism spectrum disorders. The obsession with bodybuilding could be seen in many disorders. At it's heart, autism and aspergers are really disorders characterized by a failure to relate to others, to seek out emotional reciprocity, etc. I mean, those are the core features. Jason Genova is quite the opposite. He's hilarious and engaging. He loves bragging about his bodybuilding. He acknowledges haters. He appears to have friends. there's nothing to suggest that he can't get along with and relate to others. He just has this abnormal obsession with bodybuilding.

Well, Aspergers is being removed from the DSM-IV-TR, so I think it is safe to say that he does not have that disorder.
X

RadOncDoc

• Getbig II
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2012, 08:53:41 PM »
Well, Aspergers is being removed from the DSM-IV-TR, so I think it is safe to say that he does not have that disorder.

yes, I mentioned that above, but come on: he doesn't meet the classic criteria for either disorder pre-DSM-V.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #133 on: October 09, 2012, 09:03:38 PM »
yes, I mentioned that above, but come on: he doesn't meet the classic criteria for either disorder pre-DSM-V.

I just looked over the criteria, and based on his videos, he does not meet the criteria.

Knowing his developmental history would also help with diagnosing.

Either way, never let the DSM be the sole criteria for diagnosing. Clinical judgment should always be taken into consideration. Just because someone does not meet strict criteria according to the DSM it does not mean they do not meet that criteria. For example, the DSM-IV-TR is horrible at diagnosing PTSD in children. A huge number of children with complex trauma (over 75%) do not meet criteria for PTSD, yet can show symptoms that are REALLY severe.

Too bad Developmental Trauma Disorder was not allowed in the DSM V.
X

BikiniSlut

• Getbig V
  • I'm dating and love Uncle Junior! Xoxoxo
« Reply #134 on: October 09, 2012, 09:35:28 PM »
Who the fuck cares what mental disorder he has. He is still a fucking delusional putz and that will never change.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: October 09, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »
He's a delusional comedian? 

JoeBelushi88

• Getbig II
« Reply #136 on: October 09, 2012, 09:50:06 PM »
He's a delusional comedian? 

he's funny without even trying to be..

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 09, 2012, 09:58:54 PM »
he's funny without even trying to be..
He's very funny.  Seriously he should do stand up comedy instead of bodybuilding. 

wolfgang187

• Getbig IV
  • My power is discombobulatingly & devastating!
Re: Future MR olympia, Jason Genova bulking up to 250 off season
« Reply #138 on: October 09, 2012, 10:05:34 PM »
pederast

danabol

• Getbig III
« Reply #139 on: October 10, 2012, 12:00:50 AM »
carnt stop fckin larfing at that video whitewidow put up lol ...

jason is one funny guy yes and good luck to him he makes me laff big time...

in his last video he looks as if he's put some size back on after loosing it for that show lol ...
his hair looks better  ( no homo like ) and you can see he will have fantastic big cut legs..

you lot wonna be larfing if he get on the gear  ;D ....you see..

thats if he trains like that in real life an not just for the camera.

Good luck to him i say

JoeBelushi88

• Getbig II
« Reply #140 on: October 10, 2012, 12:20:40 AM »
carnt stop fckin larfing at that video whitewidow put up lol ...

jason is one funny guy yes and good luck to him he makes me laff big time...

in his last video he looks as if he's put some size back on after loosing it for that show lol ...
his hair looks better  ( no homo like ) and you can see he will have fantastic big cut legs..

you lot wonna be larfing if he get on the gear  ;D ....you see..

thats if he trains like that in real life an not just for the camera.

Good luck to him i say

Genova admitted to using prohormone orals, he did mention he was on the 'goodies' but what that means is completely up for interpretation since the kid is in his own world...

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #141 on: October 10, 2012, 12:29:53 AM »
Genova admitted to using prohormone orals, he did mention he was on the 'goodies' but what that means is completely up for interpretation since the kid is in his own world...
He might have meant creatine. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 10, 2012, 06:52:20 AM »

he fits the criteria appropriately, you must not be very good and diagnosing.

he has marked impairment in social interactions, he moves while in conversation, rubs himself and goes on one sided monologues. He has the typical high voice and uses his friend as a tool, ie to film him. He has no understanding of social boundaries. His interest is intense in focus and he is obsessed with it. He clearly is stimming throughout his videos.

And here's Aspergers (which apparently was taken out of DSM-V):

[The following is from Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders: DSM IV]
(I) Qualitative impairment in social interaction, as manifested by at least two of the following:
(A) marked impairments in the use of multiple nonverbal behaviors such as eye-to-eye gaze, facial expression, body posture, and gestures to regulate social interactionCheck
(B) failure to develop peer relationships appropriate to developmental level
(C) a lack of spontaneous seeking to share enjoyment, interest or achievements with other people, (e.g.. by a lack of showing, bringing, or pointing out objects of interest to other people)
(D) lack of social or emotional reciprocitycheck

(II) Restricted repetitive & stereotyped patterns of behavior, interests and activities, as manifested by at least one of the following:check

(A) encompassing preoccupation with one or more stereotyped and restricted patterns of interest that is abnormal either in intensity or focuscheck
(B) apparently inflexible adherence to specific, nonfunctional routines or ritualscheck
(C) stereotyped and repetitive motor mannerisms (e.g. hand or finger flapping or twisting, or complex whole-body movements)check
(D) persistent preoccupation with parts of objects

(III) The disturbance causes clinically significant impairments in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.

(IV) There is no clinically significant general delay in language (E.G. single words used by age 2 years, communicative phrases used by age 3 years)

(V) There is no clinically significant delay in cognitive development or in the development of age-appropriate self help skills, adaptive behavior (other than in social interaction) and curiosity about the environment in childhood.check

Now does Jason Genova really fit these criteria? About the only trait he has is being obsessed with bodybuilding and thinking he's going to be a professional bodybuilder. But hell, one could say that's a trait of mania (he did mention he was being treated with a bipolar drug) or maybe he just has a delusional disorder.

he is clearly not in a mania, he is on the spectrum. PDD-NOS or asperger's. I would bet money on it.

he is not adhd
he is not bipolar
he does not have rett syndrome
he does not have childhood disintegration disorder
not classical autism
not schizoid
no clear personality disorders

a delusional disorder is the only other thing I can see in him. He has social impairment, when the guys are joking with him in one video he takes it literally (another sign) and goes into a meltdown. He is constantly rubbing himself and stimming, I have witnessed this in clinic. I have had kids who's only real symptom was communication and poor social interaction. PDD-NOS also presents very oddly. He also repeats himself over and over, saying the same things. It's a specturm disorder I would bet money on it.

good luck with school.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #143 on: October 10, 2012, 06:59:04 AM »
Have you seen his facebook, kid posts star wars constantly, it's all he posts lol.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: October 10, 2012, 07:01:56 AM »
Have you seen his facebook, kid posts star wars constantly, it's all he posts lol.
He mentioned star wars in one of those youtube videos. 

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #145 on: October 10, 2012, 07:02:31 AM »
Genova has the brain to become an IFBB pro, but not the body!  ;D

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #146 on: October 10, 2012, 07:04:42 AM »
Genova has the brain to become an IFBB pro, but not the body!  ;D
I don't know about the brain.  He swears constantly in the gym and allows Giddeon to distract his focus. 

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #147 on: October 10, 2012, 07:04:53 AM »
just google jason genova autism it's people who have friends and family with the issue stating he appears to have it.

also, I would suggest that aspergers is not one thing in terms of presentation, personality, severity co-morbid conditions come into play (ADHD-I,H,C and OCD) are common. The degree of severity probably relates to mutations in the SHANK genes, whether he is hypo/hyper glutaminergic (the data is spurious) along with known issues in methylation, glutathione and auto-immunity. The core symptoms have to be there yes, but his age and intellect will mask much of it, diagnosing now would be a chore.

the SHANK3 gene stuff is really interesting.

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #148 on: October 10, 2012, 07:27:48 AM »
The kid is just stupid. If your brain struggles to hold and recite information, you are stupid. Doesn't need diagnosis.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2012, 07:30:41 AM »
The kid is just stupid. If your brain struggles to hold and recite information, you are stupid. Doesn't need diagnosis.

You so manly makes me pee pee stiff.