Author Topic: Universal Beef Aminos BCAA tabs  (Read 4853 times)

Jay8899

• Getbig II
Universal Beef Aminos BCAA tabs
« on: October 10, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »
When is the best time  to take these?

With meals or inbetween meals?

Id assume even before bed would be perfect.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Universal Beef Aminos BCAA tabs
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2012, 12:26:16 PM »
I've always used the liver tablets. I think they are better value for the money.

Anyway, it's maybe better to take them with your solid meals. Ive found that taking them on an empty stomach can sometimes cause mild "knots" or cramps to form shortly after. I suspect that's why the label recommends taking them with food.

Some old-timers used to chew theirs, which is quite unpleasant in taste and texture.

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 12:45:18 PM »
Yeah i have used them a couple times before as well.But only for short stints,here and there. I recently picked up 2 tubs of 400ct each tub.Im looking to make them a reg staple in my diet.I have been taking them with my meals as well.

I imagine the taste would be disgusting as well.I just swallow them whole,its no prob. i also like the way all the aminos are dosed.Better than just about anything else out there.

U use them year round?how many are you dosing a day ..i been using 6 .3 per serving 2x a day? i dose is with my post workout meal on training days.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 12:57:26 PM »
Yeah i have used them a couple times before as well.But only for short stints,here and there. I recently picked up 2 tubs of 400ct each tub.Im looking to make them a reg staple in my diet.I have been taking them with my meals as well.

I imagine the taste would be disgusting as well.I just swallow them whole,its no prob. i also like the way all the aminos are dosed.Better than just about anything else out there.

U use them year round?how many are you dosing a day ..i been using 6 .3 per serving 2x a day? i dose is with my post workout meal on training days.

They're not magic. They basically work along the same lines as protein supplements. One reason I used to use so many is that they were cheap. At the time, you could buy 500 tabs for around $11.00.
They're about double that, now.

I eat lots of red meat and have been using a protein powder containing beef solids, hence I don't use the liver tabs as much anymore. I often have an opened canister on my shelf, but I don't take them routinely. Occasionally, I may down 15-20 with breakfast or before a workout. I'm much more lax with it now.

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2012, 01:10:24 PM »
I dont believe in supps..i believe in food,its how i was taught.By my bro,who actually is a member here for quiet a few years... But i take what i take due to the fact, 1, im not made of money and 2 cant always stpp amd eat as much as i should or want to..my job makes that hard,being i work in for a  emergency gas construction utility comp. so i try to use some basic supps to jelp make up for what i may miss.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2012, 06:11:36 PM »

They're not magic. They basically work along the same lines as protein supplements. One reason I used to use so many is that they were cheap. At the time, you could buy 500 tabs for around $11.00.
They're about double that, now.

I eat lots of red meat and have been using a protein powder containing beef solids, hence I don't use the liver tabs as much anymore. I often have an opened canister on my shelf, but I don't take them routinely. Occasionally, I may down 15-20 with breakfast or before a workout. I'm much more lax with it now.

about $40 a tub now in canada unless someone knows about a cheaper source...

http://www.supplementscanada.com/uni_liver_universal_nutrition_500_tablets.html

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2012, 06:35:55 PM »
about $40 a tub now in canada unless someone knows about a cheaper source...

http://www.supplementscanada.com/uni_liver_universal_nutrition_500_tablets.html

http://www.dpsnutrition.net/i/5818/universal-uni-liver-500-tab.htm

But, you'd have to inquire about their international shipping policies. I believe they only accept payment in U.S. funds, but I don't know about other taxes and/or fees.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2012, 06:46:02 PM »
such bullshit buying certain supps here

Jay8899

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2012, 08:10:23 AM »
Lockoutsupplements.com.. 400 tabs for $15.00

Best prices on web and fasteat turn around.My shit always comes within 2-4 days.

I buy anything i need from there. If they have what im looking for.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2012, 07:08:21 PM »
hmm... would they charge duty on an order from canada? I'll have to give them a call

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2012, 07:14:20 PM »
hmm... would they charge duty on an order from canada? I'll have to give them a call

That's what i was getting at above. They could also answer if your country would levy any kind of import tariffs.