Author Topic: Is this some kind if joke? This is not heavyweight boxing  (Read 7413 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Is this some kind if joke? This is not heavyweight boxing
« on: October 14, 2012, 10:03:13 PM »

:-\
choice is an illusion

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: Is this some kind if joke? This is not heavyweight boxing
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2012, 12:11:10 AM »
That's because the NFL is trying it's very best to outlaw defense, and turn into the NBA.  The passing game is what the NFL is all about for the last decade if not more. And College Football follows the NFL's lead.

And there are scouts everywhere compared to 20 years ago, it's a different world, sports are multi-billion dollar empires. Every kid with size that can run is recruited from 12 years old on, so today's Muhummad Ali's and Lennox lewis's are all catching passes as tight ends, or are linebackers these days

On a side note, that's one thing i like about these replacement Refs, they let them play a hell of a lot more.  A lot less bullshit ticky-tack  calls.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2012, 12:25:27 AM »
If you have never heard of Davey Price you are looking at literally THE next big thing in HW boxing. Hardest puncher in the division, an absolute killing machine.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2012, 12:42:47 AM »
If you have never heard of Davey Price you are looking at literally THE next big thing in HW boxing. Hardest puncher in the division, an absolute killing machine.

Yeah, and that's weird cuz meso's a brit too

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2012, 12:53:16 AM »
Yung neegul Falikan twin brother.

Seen thos punches coming out of NC before.
®

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2012, 01:26:44 AM »

I have been watching boxing since I was in nappies, and I couldn't agree more. I seen him through his amatuer days, and he is the REAL THING. He's got the skills, temperament, chin, conditioning, and POWER of a champ. Best thing out of Liverpool since the Beatles for sure.

Watch some of his first professional fights, a couple of them you can't even see the right hook it's so quick and powerful. I literally had to rewind and pause to catch it lol.

DAVID PRICE FOR THE WINS

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2012, 01:29:42 AM »
All current and future HW talent is/will be in the NFL and NBA. 

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2012, 01:30:12 AM »
I have been watching boxing since I was in nappies, and I couldn't agree more. I seen him through his amatuer days, and he is the REAL THING. He's got the skills, temperament, chin, conditioning, and POWER of a champ. Best thing out of Liverpool since the Beatles for sure.

Watch some of his first professional fights, a couple of them you can't even see the right hook it's so quick and powerful. I literally had to rewind and pause to catch it lol.

DAVID PRICE FOR THE WINS

I agree, that kid has true one-punch KTFO power, and he's got very good skills

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2012, 01:31:07 AM »
All current and future HW talent is/will be in the NFL and NBA. 

Look up ^^^^^   I just said exactly that

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2012, 01:34:38 AM »

:-\
I don`t follow? why is this not boxing?   ???

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2012, 01:41:51 AM »
I don`t follow? why is this not boxing?   ???

Because it's not the 'golden era' with 'champs' like micahel 'tyson' who would easily 'beat' every single human being ever born no matter how good they also are at 'boxing' oh 'brother'  ::)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2012, 01:49:20 AM »
Watch the Sexton fight, terrifying power. Same with McDermott, smoking fighters that just dont fold the way they did under his barrage. Fury better watch his mouth because hes nowhere near as good as his ranking suggests, he gave up his titles to avoid Pricey and took on Martin fekkin Rogan for the Irish title!  He is the type of man that will never recover from the beating hes due to take.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2012, 02:13:35 AM »
Watch the Sexton fight, terrifying power. Same with McDermott, smoking fighters that just dont fold the way they did under his barrage. Fury better watch his mouth because hes nowhere near as good as his ranking suggests, he gave up his titles to avoid Pricey and took on Martin fekkin Rogan for the Irish title!  He is the type of man that will never recover from the beating hes due to take.

True man, McDermott is the kind of fighter that doesn't go down and can take punch after punch for rounds! He was on the canvas 3 times in the first few minutes FFS  :o

As for Fury, I like the bloke because he's entertaining and does put on a great fight but Fury/Price won't happen in a million years. Fury refused to fight him as you said even vacating belts that he could have kept to avoid him. It would be in Price's interest only because Vladimir has actually mentioned Fury as an opponent in the next year, and an easy win over Fury would put David in good stead for a title shot.

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2012, 02:57:06 AM »
Price would smash Wlads jaw with his right hand, he also has the size to compete with him. Ive always believed Vitali to be the better of the bros but hes not gonna face him regardless, i genuinely believe that DP will be the #1 ranked fighter in the world within 2 years

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2012, 03:12:09 AM »
Price would smash Wlads jaw with his right hand, he also has the size to compete with him. Ive always believed Vitali to be the better of the bros but hes not gonna face him regardless, i genuinely believe that DP will be the #1 ranked fighter in the world within 2 years

I'm with you there mate. 'Team David Price's right hand'  ;D

No seriously, he's got the whole package. If he was 6 ft 7", but out of shape etc i'd be singing a different story but he's even got serious amount of lean muscle on his frame for that height. Even his temprament is world class and that will make a difference in the big fights.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2012, 03:37:51 AM »
shitty fight

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2012, 03:53:27 AM »
shitty fight

To be fair, he only took on Harrison because the guy's somewhat of a name in UK boxing (biggest overhype boxer ever) and it gets Price the exposure he needs/deserves at this point. Better fight would have been Haye/Price or Price/Chisora but Haye wouldn't touch price with a bargepole.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2012, 03:55:30 AM »
To be fair, he only took on Harrison because the guy's somewhat of a name in UK boxing (biggest overhype boxer ever) and it gets Price the exposure he needs/deserves at this point. Better fight would have been Haye/Price or Price/Chisora but Haye wouldn't touch price with a bargepole.

I can never get enough of seeing Harrison getting sparked out, the way he acted after he won gold.....

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2012, 04:02:58 AM »
I can never get enough of seeing Harrison getting sparked out, the way he acted after he won gold.....

Hahaha yes! Seriously he should do a gameshow on channel 5 where he just stands there and gets one-punched into a vat of goo by a different boxing legend each week  ;D Prince Naz first episode hahaha

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 04:04:52 AM »
Olympic Gold's are bullshit and no indicator of pro-talent. Look at anthony joshua, just won super-heavy gold and is utter shit, not even one of his wins was impressive

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 05:44:35 AM »
Because it's not the 'golden era' with 'champs' like micahel 'tyson' who would easily 'beat' every single human being ever born no matter how good they also are at 'boxing' oh 'brother'  ::)
NO Claffy why I said its not boxing is
1 they looked like they was playing patty cake
2 Audrey Harrison didnt throw one punch just like his last fight with david Haye
3 fight looked gay
4 would you pay to watch that nonsense
5 both box (and I use the term box lightly) like shit
6 Audrey Harrison is clearly mentally no longer a fighter why is he in the ring
choice is an illusion

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 05:49:50 AM »
NO Claffy why I said its not boxing is
1 they looked like they was playing patty cake
2 Audrey Harrison didnt throw one punch just like his last fight with david Haye
3 fight looked gay
4 would you pay to watch that nonsense
5 both box (and I use the term box lightly) like shit
6 Audrey Harrison is clearly mentally no longer a fighter why is he in the ring

Oh brother, I have the feeling that if Price was black you would be sucking his cock - just a guess.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 05:57:15 AM »
Because it's not the 'golden era' with 'champs' like micahel 'tyson' who would easily 'beat' every single human being ever born no matter how good they also are at 'boxing' oh 'brother'  ::)

Until he got in the ring with someone who ACTUALLY fought back....Douglass, Holyfield, Lewis

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2012, 05:59:09 AM »
Until he got in the ring with someone who ACTUALLY fought back....Douglass, Holyfield, Lewis

Exactly.

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2012, 06:03:44 AM »
Price isn't stupid...he has a long reach and a BIG right.  Of course he's going to stay outside throwing jabs to set up the right...he'd be an idiot to move in close and trade.  It would negate one of his biggest advantages.