Author Topic: what year was getbig at its prime?  (Read 12515 times)

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
Re: what year was getbig at its prime?
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2012, 08:15:41 AM »
I liked it in 2004-2006... it was the wild west here.  Every day you could log on knowing there was going to be some serious ownings, meltdowns, outings, threats of violence, often involving professional bodybuilders.   Top muscle magazines would TRASH the forums - knowing full well their narrative of how BBing worked was about to be demlished.  Gear, site injections, ghost writing, G4p... it all came out, often with animated gifs, cake CNN webpages, and threats of lawsuits.   

you did this all on your own, champ ? :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2012, 08:17:27 AM »
You remember your old Glory days my dear friend?

Those were the days when pros used to tremble at the thought of 240 working their pictures into works of art.

"1"

I still have em all.  One day Ron will enable 'guest' function for a week and this place will be amazing.   pros will all return.  It'll be glorious. 

Heck, turning on 'guest' for one hour, every Sunday night, and telling the moderators to take that hour off... the traffic would be INSANE.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2012, 08:17:37 AM »
I liked it in 2004-2006... it was the wild west here.  Every day you could log on knowing there was going to be some serious ownings, meltdowns, outings, threats of violence, often involving professional bodybuilders.   Top muscle magazines would TRASH the forums - knowing full well their narrative of how BBing worked was about to be demlished.  Gear, site injections, ghost writing, G4p... it all came out, often with animated gifs, cake CNN webpages, and threats of lawsuits.   

Exactly.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2012, 08:19:10 AM »
Guest function owned bones

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2012, 08:22:52 AM »

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »
I'd say the last year has been pretty entertaining, I mean consider what happened

1) An oreo called Pat Banya shows up here, demands respect for being "natural", gets destroeyd so awesomely it spills over on facebook

2) Pillotalk's personal details and criminal history posted here for all to see

3) Derek Anthony and the kidney failure threads, telling the board that he is as healthy as fuck but getting dialysis three times a week

4) The GH15 kigtropina mess , then the deadlines for a GH15 website on March- which came and went, and everybody took the piss out of GH15 until he and his elfs fucked off

5) The WillGrant-booty e-relationship debacle with the super titillating revelations of Lee Priest's fetishes - free hilarity for all

6) Possibly one of the best threads ever- the taking out of Suckmymuscle. Better than a novel, with multiple twists and turns and an ambiguous ending in that it was never established with certainty who the cunt really was, number 6 in the history of the board in terms of number of posts

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:04 AM »
Really every year is great but the big piece that is missing from the past is pros actually posting here and getting into it with 240 and friends.  Hardly any pros post here now, I suspect their "teams" (::)) advice against it career-wise.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2012, 08:31:11 AM »
the time where anyone here would pick on anybody just for the hell of it and own them.... ;D, some of these ownages were legendary, Pros threaten with lawsuits, made up stories, and the "BuffGoddess thread" still remains one of my all time favorite thread, I laughed till I fucking cried

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2012, 08:33:38 AM »
Funniest getbig thread is still the Thanksgiving 2008 thread:

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=248977.0

That one had me in stitches.  mass 04 and Krankenstein were on fire.

Special appearance by "The Coach" as a guest!

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2012, 08:35:07 AM »
Before the reboot around 7-8 years ago.

what took place during said reboot and why was said reboot needed???

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2012, 08:36:26 AM »
the time where anyone here would pick on anybody just for the hell of it and own them.... ;D, some of these ownages were legendary, Pros threaten with lawsuits, made up stories, and the "BuffGoddess thread" still remains one of my all time favorite thread, I laughed till I fucking cried

Hahaha some of my best work, along with kiwiol was on the buffgoddess thread lol good times

OneMoreRep

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2012, 08:40:02 AM »
I still have em all.  One day Ron will enable 'guest' function for a week and this place will be amazing.   pros will all return.  It'll be glorious.  

Heck, turning on 'guest' for one hour, every Sunday night, and telling the moderators to take that hour off... the traffic would be INSANE.

I will add this to the agenda for next month's moderator meeting.  I will bring it up and see if Ron is willing to give that a try.

I do think it has potential for greatness.

"1"

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:04 AM »
Hahaha some of my best work, along with kiwiol was on the buffgoddess thread lol good times

Hey BigCyp, your avatar looks like a green anal douche, what's going on there?

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2012, 08:45:10 AM »

lol.....this thread had lots of creativity, where are some of these members?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2012, 08:46:33 AM »
onlyme is on a very long business trip

he reads your posts from heaven. And he likes what he reads.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2012, 08:47:26 AM »

lol...yes it was.....this thread was taking on a life of it's own and had to be Deleted.....

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2012, 08:48:05 AM »

lol.....this thread had lots of creativity, where are some of these members?

Most are still around.

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2012, 08:51:37 AM »
Most are still around.

I can't keep track of who's who anymore with all the name changes  :-\

:)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2012, 08:53:41 AM »
I came in to GetBig in 2006 I think so I am late to some of the stuff that went on..but the threads I remember most that really hooked me were

1. The Bethany Howlett thread where it came out that a Getbigger had paid her to meet for sex and she never showed up....thus keeping his money..this thread made me become a member..it was like a long running soap.

2. Lee Priest threatening a Getbigger who was constantly harassing him and asking him to show up at a certain location in California where he was going to be waiting for the guy to kick his ass.....this thread kept being updated by Lee with stuff like..."I am now leaving to head over California...meet me at...."  "I am now in California heading over to the___. I will be there in one hour"..of course the the getbigger who was shit-talking never showed up.

3. King Kamali's meltdowns...

4. King Kamali and his brand new product, PLAZMOSIS which was supposed to revolutionize bodybuilding..the ribbing he took on this permanently drove him from getbig....

5. The SUCKMYMUSCLE outing

6. Pillowtalk's outing as a child molester

7. Squadfather's outing as a fat slob who lived in a trailer park

8. The numerous threads on Craig Titus after he was accused of murder and was on the run....the endless speculation was entertaining

9. The very funny and entertaining threads by DeBussey

10. the posts by Danielson, Special Ed, Soundness (who advocated piss drinking), Blockhead, Sevatase,..unfortunately these guys are gone

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »
I will add this to the agenda for next month's moderator meeting.  I will bring it up and see if Ron is willing to give that a try.

I do think it has potential for greatness.

"1"

Sunday from 10 to 11 pm EST.  Every week.  Getbig moderators take the hour off.   Guest function enabled - but only for that hour.  And only on the Gossip/opinion board.  An hour later, mods come in and nuke it all.  People will be saving screenshots left and right.  

The most entertaining hour in BBing each week.  Guaranteed.  People will save their stories, animated gifs, outings, threats, etc for Sunday night.  At 10:01 pm every sunday night, you'll have 75 new threads appear - all of them gold.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 08:59:12 AM »

4. King Kamali and his brand new product, PLAZMOSIS which was supposed to revolutionize bodybuilding..the ribbing he took on this permanently drove him from getbig....

8. The numerous threads on Craig Titus after he was accused of murder and was on the run....the endless speculation was entertaining

pure gold.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 09:03:52 AM »

Gem of a thread... so many beautifully mean stabs at bodybuilding...

Mass04:
"I've already layed out my outfit, i'm so excited. I have my work boots and sunglasses as well as my fanny pack filled with protein bars, and lumberjack shirt. I'm torn between daisy dukes and my American flag baggy pants. The cutoffs will show the table my titanic quads and christmas hams, but the weather up here is pretty cold. Mom makes me take my beanie off at the table though."

Hahahahahaha  ;D ;D ;D

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 09:05:09 AM »
Everyone talks about getbig of the past and I agree 04-08 where some good times but this year has been pretty fucken wild.

Starting by the whole board turning on gh15 cause they where sick of his BS talk and his crazy ego, the fueds between his elves and everyone else where not stop

Pillowtalk gets exposed big time. One of the biggest ownings of all time, always good when they acts so tuff

Followed by SMM. Classic onwing, this is a different type of owning cause the embarrassment and humiliation would have been enough to have someone commit suicide, but SMM just didn't know when to quite and everyone participated in this one cause SMM fucked with a lot of people at one point or another.

Booty and Will Grant, both got attacked big time and it seemed like was some serious shit at first but quickly turned into entertainment and must admit they both recuperated and are back on track, booty more so then Will cause Will still tries to attack her.

Other minor fueds like No one and avesher trying to schedule a fight live, lol, of course we all know this would never come to fruitation

And for me the shock of the century TA putting someone in jail for typing words on a keyboard.

2 of the biggest ownings of all time, lots of crazy, I dare anyone to say 2013 was not getbig greatest year.

2013 GETBIGS PRIME.

EDIT;  sorry Raymondo did not see your post, nevertheless we are in agreement.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 16, 2012, 09:52:12 AM »

Haha, how time flies eh? I remember that thread - comedy gold!  ;D

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2012, 10:13:19 AM »
what took place during said reboot and why was said reboot needed???
The whole site crashed and Ron had to start again. I think it was early 2004. Lost the epic Titus and Kamali thread from 2002.