Author Topic: "Let go" from work - Part II  (Read 3353 times)

Big N

• Getbig V
  • Veteran Fella
"Let go" from work - Part II
« on: October 17, 2012, 11:42:27 AM »
Long story short, a friend of mine got "let go" today from his job. Nice, stand up guy educated with a business degree. He had asked his female manager today if he could leave early because the cable guy is coming to fix his cable and the manager okay's it. Then 5-6 hours later he get called into the office by the owner, together with the manager and within 2 min's find out he's being let go. Apparently because he's not "performing too well", and the million dollar owner is losing money? His company has about 100 employees with a 500,000 sq. foot of space in his warehouse. This is the same owner who's been friends with his father for 10 years! My friend even asked the owner "can I at least apply for unemployment" and he responded "no, I'll think about." The female manager and my friend haven't really been "best of friends" either but still been respectful. Either way I think the manager had something to do with it, but the owner entirely mishandled & mistreated my friend thus knowing his father for 10 years!

This is today's economy with the rich & wealthy treating their employees!

-Discuss
#

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
Re: "Let go" from work - Part II
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 11:58:38 AM »
friend should set the warehouse on fire, rape the manager and throw her body into the flames to hide the evidence. Keep her undies as a trophy.

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:03:42 PM »
Now I know this is a far out thought.....  Bear with me here...

Is it possible your friend really wasn't preforming too well?  

???

hrspwr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 12:45:25 PM »
friend should set the warehouse on fire, rape the manager and throw her body into the flames to hide the evidence. Keep her undies as a trophy.

I like the way you think mister.
time under tension

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
One thing I learned while being in the people management business - there is almost always more to a story when you hear of a guy that was just happy go lucky, standup dude never had any issues, but fired by the evil management in under 2 min without a good reason given no prior performance issues or meetings .... eh.... the way corporate law is these days ? No fucking way!

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 01:08:38 PM »
Those bad "rich" people letting go of bona fide nice guys.

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 01:10:51 PM »
Those bad "rich" people letting go of bona fide nice guys.

Lol I know this must all come as a shock to you all but....

Anybody who performs well and ads value to the business is probably not going to be fired... just saying here.

POB

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 01:11:58 PM »
If laid off you can collect unemployment, if fired no

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 01:14:27 PM »

I have a feeling many getbiggers are very familiar with that particular rule ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 01:28:32 PM »
Now I know this is a far out thought.....  Bear with me here...

Who cares

???

Fixed

Roger Bacon

• Getbig V
  • Roger Bacon tries to be witty and fails
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 06:49:05 PM »

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • I ate an entire box of popsicles the day prior
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2012, 06:53:04 PM »
Not bodybuilding related, reported

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2012, 07:05:50 PM »

Wrong.  If you quit, you can not file (in most states).  If you are fired, you have every right to file a claim.

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2012, 07:12:56 PM »
Lol I know this must all come as a shock to you all but....

Anybody who performs well and ads value to the business is probably not going to be fired... just saying here.

Yes, revenue cures all that ails. He was underperforming or there is more to it than you know/say.

DanielPaul

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2012, 07:45:26 PM »
If you are fired for reasons that were within your control you may not file, but if it is out of your control the company cannot keep you from filing form unemployment. that being said if he is unable to get it hes probally a useless fucking troll that didnt deserve the job so fuckem.... hope this helps ;)

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2012, 07:48:00 PM »
Long story short, a friend of mine got "let go" today from his job. Nice, stand up guy educated with a business degree. He had asked his female manager today if he could leave early because the cable guy is coming to fix his cable and the manager okay's it. Then 5-6 hours later he get called into the office by the owner, together with the manager and within 2 min's find out he's being let go. Apparently because he's not "performing too well", and the million dollar owner is losing money? His company has about 100 employees with a 500,000 sq. foot of space in his warehouse. This is the same owner who's been friends with his father for 10 years! My friend even asked the owner "can I at least apply for unemployment" and he responded "no, I'll think about." The female manager and my friend haven't really been "best of friends" either but still been respectful. Either way I think the manager had something to do with it, but the owner entirely mishandled & mistreated my friend thus knowing his father for 10 years!

-Discuss
well, maybe his father was an asshole, for being friend with an asshole.

On a side note..."female manager" ?
Is there anything worse on earth?

He should be happy not to be there anymore. Lol at being managed by a woman.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2012, 07:49:51 PM »
by the way, does your "friend" posts on getbig under the alias "Big N" by any chances?  ::)

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 08:21:35 PM »

I would blame Obama and send him a nasty letter..
Wait for it....

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 08:42:27 PM »

-Discuss

There HAS to be more to the story.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2012, 08:53:34 PM »
If you are fired for reasons that were within your control you may not file, but if it is out of your control the company cannot keep you from filing form unemployment. that being said if he is unable to get it hes probally a useless fucking troll that didnt deserve the job so fuckem.... hope this helps ;)

Company has to prove that.  Most companies will not document well.  I would go so far as to say that most don't have employee handbooks.  If you don't have one, be prepared for any fuckstick to claim that they were fired unjustly.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2012, 09:31:11 PM »
As a member of the evil empire I will tell u the last person I'm going to let go is someone doing their job well. Even in and especially during downturns. And even with proper documentation the biggest clown screwing off at their job will most likely get unemployment. I've learned even in the most egregious examples of a lazy ass I don't even fight the case anymore.  They usually get it no matter wut.  It's just another example of our system rewarding laziness.   Not worth my time.

Slik

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2012, 09:34:40 PM »
Oh n in my opinion a boy becomes a man wen he begins accepting responsibility for everything that happens to him.  (within reason of course.  Exempt would be shit like enjoying a batman movie at midnite in Colorado n situations like that).  But most of us r where we r in life due to the decisions we make over time.

Master Blaster

• Getbig V
  • Not sure if getbig full of trolls or trolls getbig
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2012, 09:56:13 PM »

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 10:59:04 PM »
dude should have already been sexting (plus pics) with the manager of an opposite gender (no matter if she's hot or not).

He can never be fired in this case.

Alex23

• Getbig IV
  • Rely on knowledge.
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »
One thing I learned while being in the people management business - there is almost always more to a story when you hear of a guy that was just happy go lucky, standup dude never had any issues, but fired by the evil management in under 2 min without a good reason given no prior performance issues or meetings .... eh.... the way corporate law is these days ? No fucking way!

This.
®