Author Topic: AROD AND YANKEES PARTING WAYS?  (Read 2723 times)

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
AROD AND YANKEES PARTING WAYS?
« on: October 18, 2012, 07:47:14 AM »
so cash and levine throw it out there to marlins owner loria a swap,,,to me i would like arod to stay after 9 yrs i'm ok with him but still need to get at least 140 or so games and 30/35 homers would be suffice at this stage for him...again who would replace him beltre is signed with texas what other power hitting 3rd basemen are there left or free agent.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Re: AROD AND YANKEES PARTING WAYS?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 09:13:29 AM »
The Marlins rumors have been shot down.

We're stuck with him, but if he can just stay healthy, he won't be a disaster.  Remains to be seen if he can, though.
Y

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2012, 09:44:25 AM »
The Marlins rumors have been shot down.

We're stuck with him, but if he can just stay healthy, he won't be a disaster.  Remains to be seen if he can, though.
I'M WITH U ,,,HE'S A STILL AROD JUST NOT 'AROD''''

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2012, 10:47:33 AM »
so cash and levine throw it out there to marlins owner loria a swap,,,to me i would like arod to stay after 9 yrs i'm ok with him but still need to get at least 140 or so games and 30/35 homers would be suffice at this stage for him...again who would replace him beltre is signed with texas what other power hitting 3rd basemen are there left or free agent.
i won't expect 30-35 homers anymore low 20's might be a stretch at this point. good news he won't cost as much if he doesn't challenge the all-tume hr record.
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2012, 11:52:34 AM »
i won't expect 30-35 homers anymore low 20's might be a stretch at this point. good news he won't cost as much if he doesn't challenge the all-tume hr record.
LOW 20'S U COULD BE RIGHT ,,I STILL THINK 30 WHICH HE DID 2 YRS AGO BACK TO BACK AND HE WAS AGAIN HURT THOSE YRS..

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2012, 12:19:40 PM »
LOW 20'S U COULD BE RIGHT ,,I STILL THINK 30 WHICH HE DID 2 YRS AGO BACK TO BACK AND HE WAS AGAIN HURT THOSE YRS..

I agree.  In fact, if he's healthy there's no reason why his strength should diminish, and the talent is there.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2012, 12:44:19 PM »
Just typed a long winded thought on this but scrapped it. I'll say this. The relationship is over. I don't see how it can be remedied. Justified or not his goodwill with upper management is kaput. They'll have to eat the majority of his deal to dump him. And if he's still here next year it will be for no other reason than a team wanting no part of his contract. With the quasi hard cap approaching it will be a real chore to move his ass.

Also, how good does cashman and his hair plugs look right now? He practically crusaded against that contract.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2012, 01:06:05 PM »
Just typed a long winded thought on this but scrapped it. I'll say this. The relationship is over. I don't see how it can be remedied. Justified or not his goodwill with upper management is kaput. They'll have to eat the majority of his deal to dump him. And if he's still here next year it will be for no other reason than a team wanting no part of his contract. With the quasi hard cap approaching it will be a real chore to move his ass.

Also, how good does cashman and his hair plugs look right now? He practically crusaded against that contract.

This contract wasn't Cashman's.   He was content to let ARod opt out and walk.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2012, 01:13:14 PM »
Exactly.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2012, 01:20:17 PM »
Exactly.

I'm not sure if the relationship is over though.  I think Girardi sitting him is foolish.  This is a collective Yankee offense failure, not an ARod one.  The only chance for these guys to revert to their norms is to increase the sample.

I don't have faith in Eric Chavez performing better.  Hope I'm wrong.
Y

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2012, 01:30:15 PM »
I think we can agree that this is not 100% girardi's own doing.

Disciplinary and/or exiling under the guise of his shitty performance. Even though his slump has a lot to do with it.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2012, 01:36:10 PM »
popout and 2 k's. Wash it down with a morgan freeman narrated obama ad  ;D.

Tigers put a couple balls in play and get a 1st inning run. Of course!

I'm off to watch this circus.

King Shizzo

• Getbig V
  • Ron crowned me King because I always deliver.
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2012, 02:57:04 PM »
He was juiced to the gills for years.  He got off the sauce, and his confidence/strength/stamina plummeted.  AFRAUD.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2012, 04:36:54 PM »
They now have plenty of time to talk about it.
~

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2012, 06:33:07 PM »
He was juiced to the gills for years.  He got of the sauce, and his confidence/strength/stamina plummeted.  AFRAUD.

this

ever since then his #'s dropped big time...and injuries came

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 11:07:06 AM »
I'm not sure if the relationship is over though.  I think Girardi sitting him is foolish.  This is a collective Yankee offense failure, not an ARod one.  The only chance for these guys to revert to their norms is to increase the sample.

I don't have faith in Eric Chavez performing better.  Hope I'm wrong.
i could see a move of a-rod for david wright to replace him at third, although i don't think the mets are that dumb. ;D ;D ;D
F