Author Topic: I used to think all pro bodybuilders were millionaires  (Read 3699 times)

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
I used to think all pro bodybuilders were millionaires
« on: October 18, 2012, 08:04:24 PM »
When I was a kid I thought all the bodybuilders in the magazines were wealthy and reported to the Weider headquarters everyday where they would sit in their offices and type articles. Boy was I wrong!
(

Bad Boy Dazza

• Getbig IV
Re: I used to think all pro bodybuilders were millionaires
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2012, 10:51:40 PM »
Ye you were weren't you..

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 02:18:37 AM »
Tom Platz wig! >:(

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 03:27:36 AM »
When I was a kid I thought all the bodybuilders in the magazines were wealthy and reported to the Weider headquarters everyday where they would sit in their offices and type articles. Boy was I wrong!

x2

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 04:04:31 AM »

Same here. In fact I continued believing this well into my 20s before I started to smell a rat that these guys "might" be on drugs. But I continued training diligently and passed the ten-year mark wondering why I wasn't as big as Dorian or Nasser. But I thought hey, maybe I'm a late developer.

Wasn't until I joined Getbig that everything became crystal clear.

whitewidow

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 04:11:25 AM »
I knew you had to win shows to make money right off the bat! I thought some of the muscletech athletes and the current mr.Olympia at the time were doing OK. hell I read muscular development and they did not hide that drugs were a big part of the sport.Flex magazine did! They were not as real about steroid use as muscular development was. I took me having to workout at a big gym to see the roid junkies. when your in middle school and work out at a rec center you do not see juice heads but when i hit up 24 hr fitness and bally fitness I saw guys on juice and it was obvious.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 04:56:51 AM »
Same here. In fact I continued believing this well into my 20s before I started to smell a rat that these guys "might" be on drugs. But I continued training diligently and passed the ten-year mark wondering why I wasn't as big as Dorian or Nasser. But I thought hey, maybe I'm a late developer.

Wasn't until I joined Getbig that everything became crystal clear.

There are times when I realise just how epic getbig is.

Take last week for example, i'm chatting in the gym with a couple of new starters who'd apparently been training for years - giving them hints on form for deadlift (no homo - I was standing to the side and no touching) When we get into a conversation about competing and a couple of big dudes in the gym become the subject of the conversation. I tell them flat out that to be that size, prob 10 pounds heavier than myself will take a shitload of drugs / very hard on the body / very expensive etc.

The look they gave me said it all - it was as if they were shocked they even took drugs to look like that lol.

Thank God, and Ron for getbig!!!!!

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 05:25:57 AM »
I knew you had to win shows to make money right off the bat! I thought some of the muscletech athletes and the current mr.Olympia at the time were doing OK. hell I read muscular development and they did not hide that drugs were a big part of the sport.Flex magazine did! They were not as real about steroid use as muscular development was. I took me having to workout at a big gym to see the roid junkies. when your in middle school and work out at a rec center you do not see juice heads but when i hit up 24 hr fitness and bally fitness I saw guys on juice and it was obvious.
I go bacl quite a bit further than Muscletech. I'm talking about 79, 80, 81. Also, I'm not talking about drugs I'm talking about income.
(

Psychopath

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM DIME PIECE TRANNY
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 05:26:51 AM »
Your mom, f.aggot.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 05:41:21 AM »
most live in a big house, but in america everyone has a pool, even the poor

flipper5470

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 05:43:44 AM »
They're all thousandaires....if they find the right homosexual to pose for.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 05:50:37 AM »

mmm

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 06:48:08 AM »

Take last week for example, i'm chatting in the gym with a couple of new starters who'd apparently been training for years - giving them hints on form for deadlift (no homo - I was standing to the side and no touching) When we get into a conversation about competing and a couple of big dudes in the gym become the subject of the conversation. I tell them flat out that to be that size, prob 10 pounds heavier than myself will take a shitload of drugs / very hard on the body / very expensive etc.

The look they gave me said it all - it was as if they were shocked they even took drugs to look like that lol.

Why all the fear that someone would find you being homo?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 07:04:30 AM »
all these videos of their kitchens... you realize some of them live in a 700 sq foot apartment with bugs.

for a guy living in a trailer at the time, i was kinda disappointed.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 07:07:44 AM »
I used to think they built their bodies from hours in the gym and hard work.  lol.

falco

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 07:11:43 AM »
I used to think they built their bodies from hours in the gym and hard work.  lol.

It was about those giant megamass containers.

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2012, 07:15:08 AM »
most live in a big house, but in america everyone has a pool, even the poor

Yes country is basically fukin' one big pool

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2012, 07:21:40 AM »

lol.

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2012, 07:34:07 AM »

Tell me about it. I had a guy that used to ask me every single time he saw me, "yo bro what are the side effects, is it dangerous" "am I gonna get big" this and that but I am talking this went on for 2 years. It got to the point where I had to tell him that I can't discuss these matters at the gym cause it is inappropriate and of course this guy was looking to compete so finally he say I am going to do it of 2 years of contemplating like it was a matter of life and death. Then after his first injection he comes to the gym and looks at a few us and say  ''I am on the sauce now, game over, Ronnie who?" it was epic  :D

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2012, 07:37:24 AM »
Tell me about it. I had a guy that used to ask me every single time he saw me, "yo bro what are the side effects, is it dangerous" "am I gonna get big" this and that but I am talking this went on for 2 years. It got to the point where I had to tell him that I can't discuss these matters at the gym cause it is inappropriate and of course this guy was looking to compete so finally he say I am going to do it of 2 years of contemplating like it was a matter of life and death. Then after his first injection he comes to the gym and looks at a few us and say  ''I am on the sauce now, game over, Ronnie who?" it was epic  :D

Hahaha  ;D  Fukers !!

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2012, 07:52:39 AM »

Hahaha  ;D  Fukers !!

ha ha,,,, i knew a lad that smashed his room up a few hrs after his 1st 1ml shot of decca,,,,, roid rage took over him!!!!!!

bradistani

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2012, 07:56:00 AM »

same here.. good ol' flex magazine

mmm

oh yeahhhhhhhhhh  :P

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2012, 11:28:15 AM »
We went to the Arnold Europe last weekend and went to real Madrid soccer stadium before bodybuilding show. Like even an average player is on 50k a week and after the bodybuilding show hide, ed nunn, Ben white, johnnie Jackson were waiting for a taxi with us, that they had to pay out of their own pocket  Many of the pros were in our hotel and they are far from millionaires.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2012, 11:30:36 AM »
so youre saying bodybuilders can't earn good money in g4p? 
A