Author Topic: UCI to rule on Armstromg case on Monday  (Read 1405 times)

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
UCI to rule on Armstromg case on Monday
« on: October 19, 2012, 12:13:47 PM »
These are the guys that actually matter. The UCI is Pro Cycling.

PARIS (Reuters) - The International Cycling Union (UCI) are expected to give their reaction on Monday to USADA's ruling that seven times Tour de France winner Lance Armstrong doped throughout his career, the governing body said on Friday.

"On this occasion, UCI President Mr Pat McQuaid will inform on the UCI position concerning the USADA (U.S. Anti-Doping Agency) decision on the Armstrong case," the UCI said in a statement announcing a news conference for 1100GMT in Geneva, Switzerland on Monday.

The UCI has yet to rule on the 1,000 page USADA report into Armstrong, which alleges the now retired American rider had been involved in the "most sophisticated, professionalized and successful doping program sport has ever seen".

The UCI can either confirm Armstrong's life ban and strip him of his Tour titles or take the matter to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

While Armstrong has elected not to contest the charges, his mentor Johan Bruyneel has chosen to go to arbitration.

"I will continue to be involved in legal proceedings relating to USADA's proposed charges as long as I believe that I am still able to receive a fair hearing and that my defense has not been permanently prejudiced by USADA's act," Bruyneel wrote in a statement on Thursday.

Doctor Pedro Celaya, one of the five people charged by USADA, has also opted for arbitration.

Doctors Luis Garcia del Moral, Pepe Marti and Michele Ferrari, who were also charged by USADA, have been banned for life.

Former Armstrong team mates who testified were given reduced suspensions.
a

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
Re: UCI to rule on Armstromg case on Monday
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 12:21:18 PM »
One testicle of peace.
P

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • significantly cheaper and federally legal
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 12:22:17 PM »
Gayer than writing a 1,000 page report on whether a professional athlete used PED.

TrueGrit

• Getbig V
  • Big dude...all the way big dude.
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2012, 12:24:43 PM »
Strip him of his tour victories and give them to the cyclists that were drug-free!
O

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »
Gayer than writing a 1,000 page report on whether a professional athlete used PED.

;D ;D  I know. 1,000 pages!??   What the fuck.The USADA is full of nincompoops and guys who won "participant" ribbons their entire life. 
a

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 12:32:45 PM »
Strip him of his tour victories and give them to the cyclists that were drug-free!

Than nobody would get the victories.  Maybe the guy who crashed in the 1st stage, didn't rejoin the race, and didn't have time to get on the gear.
a

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2012, 12:43:12 PM »
I see what you did there.

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 01:33:00 PM »
;D ;D  I know. 1,000 pages!??   What the fuck.The USADA is full of nincompoops and guys who won "participant" ribbons their entire life. 

It's no wonder you support the natural bodybuilding liars as well. You, John Hansen, Kiyoshi Moody and Lance Armstrong would make great friends. Lance will be needing friends... maybe write him some letters of support, he'll be needing some cheering up in the future.  :D

slate

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 03:32:41 PM »
It's no wonder you support the natural bodybuilding liars as well. You, John Hansen, Kiyoshi Moody and Lance Armstrong would make great friends. Lance will be needing friends... maybe write him some letters of support, he'll be needing some cheering up in the future.  :D

QFT

tommy boyo your fucked in the head

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 03:39:11 PM »
it's amazing how no one fucks with the nfl, given 90% of the league would fail olympic style drug testing.  then again, a drug free nfl would look like division III college games, which would all but kill the league like the xfl.  they do pop one player here and there to make it look real.  ;) 

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2012, 02:52:59 AM »

none were...

pro cycling is ultra gay

Rami

• Getbig V
  • One Hundred Percent
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2012, 04:09:23 AM »
due to lack of any physically binding evidence what so ever, UCI is throwing the case!

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2012, 04:18:15 AM »
I wonder, would you all be supporting Lance like this if he were non-US? What If this whole story would have been about Jan Ulrich instead?

I've never understood the fanatical US patriotism. If it were about a cyclist of my country of origin, he could go fuck himself just as well.

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2012, 07:17:12 AM »
I wonder, would you all be supporting Lance like this if he were non-US? What If this whole story would have been about Jan Ulrich instead?

I've never understood the fanatical US patriotism. If it were about a cyclist of my country of origin, he could go fuck himself just as well.
No. If he was non-US and beat a 2nd place US competitor, we'd all be screaming for him to get fucked. But he's not, so we aren't.  ;D

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2012, 10:22:18 AM »

Huh?  Oh that's right, I'm the President of the Lane Norton fan club.  Are you sure you have the right tommywishbone?   And who the hell is Kiyoshi Moody?
a